The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Site Feedback and Announcements (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   This website (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810518)

Richard 08-16-2020 03:12 AM

Re: This website

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8792737)
There is one other benefit to doing that. The pictures you take on a phone may have the location embedded in them. Adam Savage of MythBusters took a picture of something at his house and got visitors who tracked him down. He had moved by the time the person(s) visited his old house. Somehow running them through paint removes the geographical information. That's something that I'm going to check on my pics.

From wikipedia-

"To find an image's exif data, right-click the photo and select either “properties” or “information”. If the GPS coordinates appear, simply type them into Google Maps to find the location."

Nice to know. Kind of scary. We are being tracked everywhere by everyone, by any means. Want to add this site is beneficial to me and have been a member for some time. Like to see it continue despite any slight inconvenience's.

Ol Blue K20 08-16-2020 05:58 AM

I for one, love this site. A lot of good knowledgeable people that share that knowledge with others. I have bought and sold parts without issue. Great job Josh and Liz!!!!

special-K 08-16-2020 09:51 AM

Alright alright. Enough with all the happy happy joy joy hijacking how wonderful this site is to all who obviously already know that... including GMC Nut. Hmmm... did I just remind everyone how it's ok to post a bit of tongue and cheek pick 'n' peck here as well? :dohh: DOH! Now I did my own site promo posting.

But seriously, I hope there is no hatin' going on for GMC Nut for venting his frustration here. I hope that doesn't run deep, just a matter of all those little annoyances building up to THAT point and KABOOM! In that light, I am agreeing with 68 Bowtie. I think anyone should be allowed to feel free to post negative feedback here. After all, it's those who speak out who are the ones who bring about change for the better, right? Some things are the way they are for a reason, some things could be improved, and other things can't for a reason. And it's good for those who wonder to know the "why". I think we have covered most of all that here in this healthy thread. Now GTFOOH and go play!! :lol: << Tongue & cheek y'all. Just T&C... hardy har har? :confused:

Liz 08-16-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8793023)
Alright alright. Enough with all the happy happy joy joy hijacking how wonderful this site is to all who obviously already know that... including GMC Nut. Hmmm... did I just remind everyone how it's ok to post a bit of tongue and cheek pick 'n' peck here as well? :dohh: DOH! Now I did my own site promo posting.

But seriously, I hope there is no hatin' going on for GMC Nut for venting his frustration here. I hope that doesn't run deep, just a matter of all those little annoyances building up to THAT point and KABOOM! In that light, I am agreeing with 68 Bowtie. I think anyone should be allowed to feel free to post negative feedback here. After all, it's those who speak out who are the ones who bring about change for the better, right? Some things are the way they are for a reason, some things could be improved, and other things can't for a reason. And it's good for those who wonder to know the "why". I think we have covered most of all that here in this healthy thread. Now GTFOOH and go play!! :lol: << Tongue & cheek y'all. Just T&C... hardy har har? :confused:

If it wasn't ok, these posts would be edited and locked. Opinions, comments, ideas are always welcome right or wrong.

special-K 08-17-2020 09:40 AM

That's what I said :cool:. I was more addressing it to all the members, though. This forum is for ALL feedback.

Liz 08-17-2020 09:42 AM

I was agreeing with you. Then you agreed with me.. are we in agreement?

flashed 08-17-2020 10:43 PM

Im a member of many sites , Chevelle and Trucks and others , this site may not be perfect but neither am I . This is my favorite site period , almost always get good answers to my questions and I know this site could be sold to the Big Guys very easily but Josh and Liz choose to keep us . I visit here daily for my Habit after my work day and Truck time to catch up with Truck stuff .

special-K 08-17-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8793658)
I was agreeing with you. Then you agreed with me.. are we in agreement?

Ummm… I'm trying to think :lol:

Liz 08-18-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8794085)
Im a member of many sites , Chevelle and Trucks and others , this site may not be perfect but neither am I . This is my favorite site period , almost always get good answers to my questions and I know this site could be sold to the Big Guys very easily but Josh and Liz choose to keep us . I visit here daily for my Habit after my work day and Truck time to catch up with Truck stuff .

Still sorry for messing up your account! :D

70LonghornCST 08-22-2020 01:05 PM

A solution I found for myself (I blame my phone:uhmk:) is to take a pic on my phone and send it to my personal email.

Then I access my personal email on my laptop :mm:.

Next, I download the pics I sent to my own email in a folder on the desktop:sumo:.

Finally, I navigate to the forum and load the images to a post, or create a new post:smoke:.

And if I have time to kill, I use my phone to upload the pics ;)

LostMy65 08-22-2020 04:01 PM

It's odd how I've never had that issue. I've had several phones and computers over the years since being a member here, and have never had that issue. Seriously.

jayoldschool 08-22-2020 06:30 PM

Let me guess... you don't have iPhones...

Ironhorse 08-22-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70LonghornCST (Post 8796274)
A solution I found for myself (I blame my phone:uhmk:) is to take a pic on my phone and send it to my personal email.

Then I access my personal email on my laptop :mm:.

Next, I download the pics I sent to my own email in a folder on the desktop:sumo:.

Finally, I navigate to the forum and load the images to a post, or create a new post:smoke:.

And if I have time to kill, I use my phone to upload the pics ;)

THIS: minus the upload with the phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayoldschool (Post 8796390)
Let me guess... you don't have iPhones...

Yep, don't have an Iphone, have an Android and still do like above. Small price of extra steps is worth it to me to keep Josh and Liz from contemplating selling the website to an outside Auto Guide like group. TRUST ME, you do not want that at all ! Will ruin this site, lets's do all we can to help Josh and Liz maintain the present site.

Ol Blue K20 08-23-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 8796448)
THIS: minus the upload with the phone.

Yep, don't have an Iphone, have an Android and still do like above. Small price of extra steps is worth it to me to keep Josh and Liz from contemplating selling the website to an outside Auto Guide like group. TRUST ME, you do not want that at all ! Will ruin this site, lets's do all we can to help Josh and Liz maintain the present site.

Amen!!!

daveshilling 10-07-2020 12:12 AM

You post as many photos as I want to this site... just host the photos yourself on your own website and post the URL for the image using the image feature... you can also choose what size you want them to be.

There ya go, solved it.

LostMy65 10-10-2020 04:51 PM

I'm so flaming mad that after all these years there still isn't a "Like" button. :mad: ;)

Ol Blue K20 10-11-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostmy65 (Post 8820682)
i'm so flaming mad that after all these years there still isn't a "like" button. :mad: ;)

like!

Getter-Done 10-11-2020 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 8820682)
I'm so flaming mad that after all these years there still isn't a "Like" button. :mad: ;)

How about one of these?;)
Attachment 2054338