The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Creeps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=834888)

FleetsidePaul 06-08-2022 11:28 PM

Re: Creeps

So sorry to hear of your loss Mike. But 14 1/2 years in a loving home is a pretty good run for any dog. You gave him a good life.
He's in doggie heaven now with my little Nacho. Heck, they're probably taking over.

RIP Dante.

Stocker 06-08-2022 11:31 PM

Thank you, Paul.

Palf70Step 06-09-2022 07:30 AM

Beautiful looking dog Mike. Sorry for your family's loss.

special-K 06-09-2022 07:50 AM

Sorry to hear you lost your buddy, Mike.

dave6672 06-09-2022 08:07 AM

Beautiful dog. My condolences.

Stocker 06-09-2022 09:39 AM

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. I didn't intend to turn this thread down this pathway. After seeing the pics of other dogs, I felt like I needed to post mine. I will say this, life with a wolfdog has its unique challenges as well as its great rewards. Going to pick up his ashes today. The healing continues.... :)

67C10Step 06-09-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupsdad (Post 9088734)
And not just your dog. Whenever I hear a dog start barking anywhere in the neighborhood, I take a peek out the front door. SOMETHING made the dog start barking.
We have mastiffs. If you don't know the breed, they're intimidating as hell. Truth of the matter is, their biggest threat is drowning you in their drool.

My neighbor has, trains, and shows mastifs. Most will only hurt you trying to make you pet them. I got an 8 lb alarm system in a Maltese/Yorkie mix. She’s not mean at all but is a good alarm since she’s on point all the time.

Lurkers won’t do in my end of our neighborhood. We get what I call shoppers from time to time. Rolling slow in a vehicle that looks like a rolling junk yard. They stand out and I usually come out in the yard and stare at them when they are turning around in the cup de sac.

LT7A 06-10-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9088835)
This guy was my daughter's puppy and became my dog (and my wife's). We had to put him down 2 weeks ago tomorrow, saddest day of my life.
He was 14 1/2 years old when he told me it was his time to go. I can't type any more just now. Rest in peace, Dante.

EDIT: I'll add a bit more. Dante was 14 months old when this pic was taken in our back yard. He was Malamute, German Shepherd, and Gray Wolf.

That's a beautiful dog and it was worth the effort it took to get the picture posted. Not at all hard to imagine how much he meant to you and your family. Sorry to hear that it was his time to go. Also, I doubt very much that Paul minds a little bit of sidetrack like this in his thread.