The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project 7deuce (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=267665)

FRENCHBLUE72 12-28-2007 04:30 AM

Re: Project 7deuce

Well tried to install the new rockers but I could not get the fit I wanted the rockers seem to be square shaped? So Im just gonna order some new rockers. Also the widened tubs are not gonna work anymore guess I should have waited to build those. I did get the bedsides notched now I just need to get the new inner pieces build like n2billet did for lucy.

FRENCHBLUE72 01-01-2008 04:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally got the bed all cut out so the it would fit back on. I finally found my poly cab mounts so I can install them and get the sheet metal lined back up. I also got so air lines ran to the front bags with a schrader valve so that I can move it around. The bed does still have to come off so that I can finish the notch but that will have to wait untill the local metal shop is open. Its low but not low enough.

FRENCHBLUE72 01-01-2008 04:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Got my new firewall gasket for the steering column now I just need to get the pedal assembley blasted and painted. I also blasted and painted all the little parts that bolt to the column. I have got the motor just about ready to run finally. I blasted and powder coated the power steering brackets black. I need to clean up and paint the steering pump. I got belts for it,new msd cap,and all the chrome fittings for the intake. I had to buy a carb spacer in order for the fuel outlets to clear the valve covers. I also had to shorten and rebend the fuel lines so the fuel pressure guage would clear the valve covers.

Rokcrln 01-01-2008 05:30 AM

WOW that is a tight fit with that big block! Your truck is starting to come along quite well. When are you planning to bet her back on the road?

Kevin
LFD Inc.

FRENCHBLUE72 01-01-2008 05:40 AM

Hopefully I will be driveing it to hot august nights in 08...

FRENCHBLUE72 01-20-2008 11:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Not much going on here finally got the new rocker installed.:waah:

Sweeet72 01-21-2008 06:14 AM

Lookin' good French~
Love the stance!

FRENCHBLUE72 08-02-2008 01:33 PM

Ok more progress to update on finally.... I didn not make my aug deadline but I figured that by not going to reno I could spend that money on parts!!!!!!

SCOTI 08-02-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 (Post 2832738)
Ok more progress to update on finally.... I didn not make my aug deadline but I figured that by not going to reno I could spend that money on parts!!!!!!

Bummer the 'goal' wasn't met. Seems it happens all too often to many of us. Keep pushing forward . . ....

FRENCHBLUE72 08-02-2008 04:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Core support bumps are shaved..:metal:

FRENCHBLUE72 08-02-2008 04:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Got all my front clip bolts power coated along with the hood latch and support. I got my 4 core rad cleaned ,flushed,and installed with new rubbers and powder coated brackets. Picked up a rad cap with temp guage built into it and also installed my new msd plug wires with some help from my boy... Next up headders,plug wires,and hook up the power steering and maybe have her fired up :bann:

edit in the pics the power steering pump is just sitting there I sstill ahve not figured out how to mount the damn thing.................

FRENCHBLUE72 08-02-2008 05:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got the new air cleaner,plug wire holders and headders from summit yesterday and got most of it installed and now comes the complaints....... The patiort headders that f.f. is running im not sure why his fit so nice but I had many issues.. I had to trim the frame on the passenger side for the tubes to fit and they are very close to the starter. The drivers side fits the frame great(which tells me the motor maynot be sitting in the mounts correctly) But the colletor on the drivers side is very very very close to the lower strong arm there is gonna have to be one hell of a 90 degree bend there. Now it maybe so close to the lower arm due to the fact that I have sectioned my crossmember 1 1/2''.. Ok on to my last rant on the headers the drivers side does not match the passenger side wtf if it did it would fit perfect no issues what so ever.. On the plus side the headers look great and came with all the hardware to install them.. And these are the same ones the frizzle installed i do believe part #pte-h8013-1

FRENCHBLUE72 08-03-2008 10:24 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I got the 90's done just need to get to the local muffler company and get some pipe.. And yes the drivers side is tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new pipes will be above the frame so they wont get dragged off.. I also welded plated on the carrier bearing crossmember and had a buddy use his plasma to cut me two holes in it for the exhaust to pass though...

FRENCHBLUE72 08-03-2008 10:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres a few more of the pipes

FRENCHBLUE72 08-04-2008 10:36 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok started the front fender cup repair yesterday.... Not much left to do and the fender can be primed and rehung,.

FRENCHBLUE72 08-06-2008 12:36 PM

Got the motor running yesterday will try and get some video posted uptoday..

jay-dawg 08-06-2008 04:03 PM

looking good Luke!

Jcentsr6 08-06-2008 07:47 PM

Nice build so far. I cant believe I have not seen this before. Intrested in this build for sure. Keep posting.

Thanks for the ideas with the suspension.
My suspension is the next area for me to focus on...and some bed floor raising:)

vtblazer 08-10-2008 06:29 AM

Couple hours invested eh...? :lol:

Cool build, looking forward to the test drive part of it!

FRENCHBLUE72 11-09-2008 11:50 AM

Heres a short clip of the 454 finally running...

FRENCHBLUE72 11-10-2008 09:17 AM

Pulled the bed back off and started finishing the rear notch and also flipped the center cross member should have pics up tonight...

Bigbore 11-27-2008 02:20 PM

Hey French I wrote this once but don't know what I did wrong. Soooooo here I go again! I like what your doing cuz your using a long bed, me too. I also switched frames on mine but started with a 67 3/4ton and now have 71 1/2ton, so I've got disc brake now. Just recently I bought a 97 CHP truck with a 454 and 4L80e tranny which I'm pluging into my 67. I'm also and using a ten bolt possi rear end with disc's. I don't know which way I'm going to lower my ride yet. I do have a question, where did you get your motor mounts a perches?
Ok gotta go! keep up the great work....later

FRENCHBLUE72 11-27-2008 03:27 PM

My big block perches are the early style with regular s.b. chevy rubber motor mounts bolted to the engine with a harmonic ballancer washer takein up the space. I believe there is a write up in the f.a.q. section on how to do thei tx firefighter showed me this trick so far so good... Btw after this long weekend expect big progress on the 7 deuce

Bigbore 11-29-2008 12:55 PM

Hey French thanks for the tip on FAQs. I went there and saw another solution, I am now using 73-86 perches. There was a mod and it showed what you have to do to mak'em work. The funny thing about it, I was at the junk yard two weeks ago and saw the same perches and thought; I wonder if those would work?
So after reading the mod I went back yesterday to the junk yard and the same truck was still there, so I nabbed them. Just wanted to say thanks.
I would like to share pic on here but I have to figure that out. Anyway have a great weekend and I look forward to see more.........

FRENCHBLUE72 11-29-2008 02:01 PM

Hey big bore keep us posted on your progress..