The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Finally my own build thread! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=212871)

krue 11-18-2006 08:29 PM

Re: Finally my own build thread!

:cool:

Palf70Step 11-18-2006 08:31 PM

Sweet job! I really enjoy watching your progress.

abadsvt 11-18-2006 08:34 PM

I have learned so much from this site Krue so i just payed the $25 to support the site. I don't know why i didn't do it sooner.:crazy: Oh' well at least i finally did it!!!!:metal:

Josh

CAL 58 GMC 11-19-2006 01:22 AM

Looking really good abadsvt!

kylejamers 11-19-2006 04:12 PM

looks great:metal:

thekid54 11-21-2006 03:00 AM

Quick note on the CHP checking your frame. My experience is that if it was bought out of state and you are trying to transfer the title CHP or the DMV has to do a VIN verification and an inspection. The other situation where they would want to see it is if it has been "Non-op" for a while and you are trying to register it as a drivable vehicle. It looks like you're pretty far along, but I would have gotten the truck running/driving and tried to register it first before you did the frame swap. I know people that have run into this problem and it's a real pain. If they do notice the frame is swapped they will make you register it as a new construction or street rod and make you register it as a 2007 ( or whatever year you try and register it in). I would do some research before you went any further. I'm not saying this is fact, and it may not apply in your situation, but these are problems my friends and I have run into. Then again, as many of us have found out, it all depends on which DMV clerk you get and what kind of mood he/she is in!!!

PBFAB.COM 11-29-2006 11:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics of the custom Dropmember for Josh's (ABADSVT) chassis. This one is a complete weld-in piece and will be sporting the 'new' lower control arm mounting caps.

abadsvt 11-29-2006 11:24 PM

Sweet Job Nathan! I love all the way you built it! It looks sweet and I also love how much weld surface there is between the dropmember and the frame. I also love the new lower mounts for the lower control arms! I can't wait till i get it! I will have a rollin chassis soon:metal: :metal: :metal: . Now i just need to find a wrecked corvette and take the motor, trans, brakes from it! Thanks again Nathan and great job!

project76 11-29-2006 11:45 PM

Damn nice job! I cant wait till i get a dropmember from Nathan. :metal:

72CSTC5 11-29-2006 11:51 PM

Damn dude you are going to have 10 grand in a rolling chassis by the time you are done.

jimmydean 11-30-2006 12:45 AM

You lucky bastard! Man, that is tight! Can't wait to see it installed.

72CSTC5 11-30-2006 01:00 AM

Have to post again. That front crossmember is rididculous looking it is so cool!!!!!!!!

NPilot1975 11-30-2006 10:25 AM

Great chassis, can't wait to see it complete. You are giving me a lot of ideas for my next truck.

Bishops Trucks 11-30-2006 11:07 AM

Looking REAL GOOD! If you get bored with it I can send you my truck to work on.

abadsvt 11-30-2006 01:31 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! I am hoping to have it completed by end of March or first of April. I have a few more things to do on the rear suspension then when the dropmember gets here i am dying to get it installed!!! I sent my wheels to be powdercoated about a week ago and last wednesday. I guess when they were sandblasting some of the chrome on the rear wheels it ripped off a large piece of chrome. So i get a phone call from the people who i ordered my wheels from and told me that my powdercoater just ordered 2 new wheels for me. I couldn't believe it. Right after that i got a phone call from the powdercoater and told me what happened. I thought it was great customer relations for them to order a set of wheels right away. I am having just the centers powdercoated which leaves a chrome lip. That was what pealed off. I should get them this week hopefully! Anyways everyone i will post lots of pics when i get more done!

Josh

kylejamers 11-30-2006 04:58 PM

too cool:metal: :gi:

skchevota 11-30-2006 09:19 PM

Wow... and I was thinking that fabin up a couple of rear crossmembers and a shackle flip on mine was looking cool till I saw this.. Nice work.
Are you going to add some sort of bracing at the weld joints along your rails?

abadsvt 12-01-2006 02:49 AM

Yes i am going to weld on some gussets on all the weld joints. I am just waiting to get the cab back on and make sure everything lines up nice before i weld them on. Don't want to screw myself:crazy:. I am also going to be fabing up some extra supports for the 4 braces so they are nice and strong.

roj2323 12-02-2006 09:10 PM

killer work man, i fullly plann on a one off frame for my next build. i look forward to following this thread and taking notes. thanks for the insperation and ideas.
ondrew

kyle4381 12-06-2006 07:55 PM

Your truck is coming along nicely, keep up the good work...

rancid 12-06-2006 08:17 PM

how much for a exact frame like yours with only body mounts.

PBFAB.COM 12-18-2006 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Josh-
Here's the pic you needed.

BigSky71 12-18-2006 02:48 PM

Amazing fab skills guys, I will be watching closely!

abadsvt 12-18-2006 03:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks Nathan! That pic helps out ALOT!!!! I am going to start installing it tonight!

Well i finally got the rear suspension done. I still have to do some more welding but it is ALIVE!!!:metal: It was hard because of all the things i had to consider when designing it but finally i got it done and best of all it works perfectly! I believe that i get about 10" of lift (i haven't taken an accurate measure yet). Here are some pics of it. Thanks for looking!

Josh

abadsvt 12-18-2006 03:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple more of it fully lifted up.