The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Original Bucket seats installation???? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516328)

jocko 03-30-2012 11:27 PM

Re: Original Bucket seats installation????

I just assumed the front mounting points see the most stress because of the lever arm being the longest on the top back of the seat. Amplifies with mild acceleration. But braking reduces the load, without the added leverage on the rear braces. And side loads would be negligible I'd think. I'm gonna install a set of these seats someday, would like to horde away a set of braces along with my console!!! I'm really glad you posted this mcbassin - like I said in one of the early posts - I just thought buckets used the same holes as a bench and I didn't even know there WAS bracing for buckets that benches didn't get. Duh.

7dee2 04-14-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameyrasmea72 (Post 5283385)
pics !!!!

Sent sameyrasmea72 a PM to see if these brackets are almost ready to ship.... :metal:

scott72 04-17-2012 04:19 PM

subscribed

bovey 04-17-2012 10:52 PM

Great post. I had no idea they were that different. I am just finishing putting a set of Recaros out a Benz in mine - waaaaayyyyy more work than I ever imagined.

7dee2 05-22-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameyrasmea72 (Post 5283385)
pics !!!!

Are these reproduction brackets mentioned earlier #48 still a possibility anybody? My PM was never responded too. Seemed the best way to go because they use the existing floor support.

I also really like Mike's install method as it is also one of the best I have seen from my forum research. Really appreciate you posting yours Mike.

mcbassin 05-22-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dee2 (Post 5395032)
Are these reproduction brackets mentioned earlier #48 still a possibility anybody? My PM was never responded too. Seemed the best way to go because they use the existing floor support.

I also really like Mike's install method as it is also one of the best I have seen from my forum research. Really appreciate you posting yours Mike.

Thanks Brett. I ended up just going with the braces I made. I think it will be more than adequate for my wife and I to cruise around safely. I still need to come up with the correct shoulder seatbelt configuration. HERE is what the bottom of the cab looks like now.

jocko 05-23-2012 12:15 AM

btw mcbassin - i finally read your build thread for the first time - awesome write up. can't wait to see her all painted up soon. sorry bout the seam sealer! I'd have kicked the dog over that one....

mcbassin 05-29-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 5395595)
btw mcbassin - i finally read your build thread for the first time - awesome write up. can't wait to see her all painted up soon. sorry bout the seam sealer! I'd have kicked the dog over that one....

Thanks Jocko, no big deal on the seam sealer it's water under bridge now. It did force me into a long weekend off of it though. Just a step back to not get burn out is nice.

SS Tim 06-13-2012 07:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a great thread and I wanted to add these two illustrations as further points of reference.

mcbassin 06-13-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Tim (Post 5432111)
This is a great thread and I wanted to add these two illustrations as further points of reference.

Great illustrations Tim! thanks for adding them.

7dee2 06-13-2012 04:25 PM

:agree:

jocko 06-13-2012 09:24 PM

YESSSSS! I've been lookin for that picture! Thanks Tim.

budnikguy 07-22-2012 09:20 AM

subscribed,,,definitely a knowledge builder post!

slikside 07-22-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budnikguy (Post 5498978)
subscribed,,,definitely a knowledge builder post!

Indeed.

Calvin D. 07-22-2012 03:23 PM

subscribed

I needed this

Calvin

calvin78612 07-22-2012 10:05 PM

Great info.subscribed !

peterbuilt 08-19-2012 12:11 AM

Before I send PM's I thought I'd just ask here...
68 TT - did you finalize an idea you'd like to share on an easier approach to fabricating an under floor bracing bar?
Duncan & Sons - Did you ever get additional brackets made for resale to us?
FWIW - by centering my driver bucket with the steering wheel then measuring for equal distancing from console dimples I came up with the same as I found here - Existing outside front holes for bench seat are key starting references for fitting factory bucket brackets in bench seat trucks: 3/4 to 1" to right of driver outside front hole is good placement and existing passenger outside front hole was good as it stands. All other holes must be drilled after squaring tracks/brackets and marking. Not sure but the passenger seat center may have lined up with the glove box latch...

leddzepp 08-20-2012 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great thread! To add to Tim's illustrations above, here are two more showing the attachment of the factory shoulder belt retainers that mount to the front of the console, if your truck came optioned with both bucket seats and shoulder belts.

7dee2 08-20-2012 07:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Very cool Leddzepp, I am adding this option to my truck and had no idea about the buckle retainers on the console. I had something very similiar in a 1966 Impala SS I restored not sure if it was correct but I liked them. Do these brackets ever surface on the forum?

Thanks,

1972SUPERSB 01-06-2013 01:37 AM

Any new info if Duncan and Son is making these underfloor brackets?
Posted via Mobile Device

SS Tim 01-06-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972SUPERSB (Post 5798896)
Any new info if Duncan and Son is making these underfloor brackets?

RogerKoop Should still have some left.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=557195

29od1 01-06-2013 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Tim (Post 5798925)
RogerKoop Should still have some left.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=557195

Koops rear outer driver's side bracket won't fit if you drill the driver side 3/4" over from the front outer most hole. It was off by about 1/2" from where my bucket seat tracks holes needed to be drilled. It needs to be in the 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" over if measuring center to center.

Can someone with buckets in a truck please measure center to center the distance shown in this picture. Or maybe Koop can answer how far he moved his over.

Thank you.

FIREBALL 01-06-2013 12:39 PM

Subscribing........This is great info!

GOPAPA 01-06-2013 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Duncan and son
Hey Trevor, we have made some of those and they came out very correct even down to the square nuts. We only made a few to test quality etc. Do not have any now but will have more made.
Always appreciate you Paul

I would like to get a set of these braces from you also .. what are you asking for the set before postage ,, thx

octane 01-06-2013 09:07 PM

Subscribing...... Handy info to have around. I'll need this shortly.