The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Billet Radio Plate for cut dash...opinions? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=294381)

mahanian 06-04-2008 02:14 PM

Re: Billet Radio Plate for cut dash...opinions?

Ok, so I added up the cost and if I get at least 25 orders I can sell them for the following:

-Polished, ready to install- $67

-Sanded and prepped for paint and/or polishing - $53
(I highly recommend using a buffing wheel instead of a dremel or drill to polish it. If you don't have the material to polish aluminum, expect to spend ~$20 in buffing wheels, compound, cleaner, etc)

This cost includes the development costs I have spent and still spending (including the Vendor fee for this site). I will also include the hardware to install it and a template to drill the mounting holes with. Shipping will be $5 shipped to your door within the 48 states.

I won't sell them completely raw because it's too easy to sand away the curvature and radius with the coarse grit paper needed to remove the tooling marks.

I will start a list and when I have at least 25 orders I will start the ball rolling. It will take a couple weeks to get them completed after I place the order.

FormerMember 06-04-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahanian (Post 2751141)
Ok, so I added up the cost and if I get at least 25 orders I can sell them for the following:

-Polished, ready to install- $77

-Sanded and prepped for paint and/or polishing - $63
(I highly recommend using a buffing wheel instead of a dremel or drill to polish it. If you don't have the material to polish aluminum, expect to spend ~$20 in buffing wheels, compound, cleaner, etc)

This cost includes the development costs I have spent and still spending (including the Vendor fee for this site). I will also include the hardware to install it and a template to drill the mounting holes with. Shipping will be $5 shipped to your door within the 48 states.

I won't sell them completely raw because it's too easy to sand away the curvature and radius with the coarse grit paper needed to remove the tooling marks.

I will start a list and when I have at least 25 orders I will start the ball rolling. It will take a couple weeks to get them completed after I place the order.

Awesome. As said, 2 here. I can paypal now to get you started.

mahanian 06-04-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grendel (Post 2751164)
Awesome. As said, 2 here. I can paypal now to get you started.

Cool, you can paypal me the money at jmahan@hotmail.com

Forgot to mention Paypal...since I'm only making a small amount of money for my time on these, please add $2 to the cost for each plate ordered if paying with Paypal to cover half of the paypal fees. I think paying half the fees is fair.

If you are buying more than one, shipping is $5 for the first and $2 for each additional one.

lyrikz 06-04-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahanian (Post 2751174)

Forgot to mention Paypal...since I'm only making a small amount of money for my time on these, please add $2 to the cost for each plate ordered if paying with Paypal to cover half of the paypal fees. I think paying half the fees is fair.

If you are buying more than one, shipping is $5 for the first and $2 for each additional one.

The paypal fee is 3%....

So figure send an additional $2.50 per $80 dollar order.

mahanian 06-04-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 2751179)
The paypal fee is 3%....

So figure send an additional $2.50 per $80 dollar order.

Where did you see that rate? Straight from the Paypal Site...

"Receive payments funded by Credit Card, Debit Card or Buyer Credit 4.9% + $0.30 USD "

So an $82 order is actually $4.31, so I'm asking less than half

lyrikz 06-04-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahanian (Post 2751191)
Where did you see that rate? Straight from the Paypal Site...

"Receive payments funded by Credit Card, Debit Card or Buyer Credit 4.9% + $0.30 USD "

Oh, bravo. Mine is only 2.9%, but im some ninja member...

4.9% for the loss.

mahanian 06-04-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 2751193)
Oh, bravo. Mine is only 2.9%, but im some ninja member...

4.9% for the loss.

I want to be a ninja member too.... :(

Actually, I think you were helping me out by suggesting people send $2.50 instead of the $2 I was asking :metal:

My bad....

Robert8096 06-04-2008 03:40 PM

I'm in for one polished. PM me when they are ready with a total price ( ship to 29445) and I will send payment via Paypal.

lyrikz 06-04-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahanian (Post 2751199)
I want to be a ninja member too.... :(

Actually, I think you were helping me out by suggesting people send $2.50 instead of the $2 I was asking :metal:

My bad....

HAHA, I tried..

Ya, my transfer rate is 2.9% from credit cards or from paypal members.... Weird.. I have had this account since they started... Uberninja member status. ahaha.

Good work on those bezels man.. I think you should try and make more then 25 to cut that initial cost... I was thinking about picking one up.. $77 was just a bit steep... How much is the cost if you make 50...

ChevLoRay 06-04-2008 04:00 PM

Count me in. That is an awesome piece of bling to clean up a slice/dice dash. Just say when and I'll ante up.

FormerMember 06-04-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahanian (Post 2751174)

Fair enough.

When do you think you'll have them done?

2 pieces at 77 each
7 for shipping
4 for paypal fees?

mahanian 06-04-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 2751251)
HAHA, I tried..

Good work on those bezels man.. I think you should try and make more then 25 to cut that initial cost... I was thinking about picking one up.. $77 was just a bit steep... How much is the cost if you make 50...

Well, I think I'll be old and grey by the time I got 50 committed people. Compared to other billet items out there designed specifically for our trucks, I think the price is pretty reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevLoRay (Post 2751265)
Count me in. That is an awesome piece of bling to clean up a slice/dice dash. Just say when and I'll ante up.

I'm hoping to have 25 purchases before I order so whenever you are ready to pay...

Quote:

Originally Posted by grendel (Post 2751288)
Fair enough.

When do you think you'll have them done?

2 pieces at 77 each
7 for shipping
4 for paypal fees?

When I have 25 payments I will place the order, from there it should take roughly 2 weeks for them to be ready to ship to you. Yes, your total is correct :chevy:

FormerMember 06-04-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahanian (Post 2751376)
Well, I think I'll be old and grey by the time I got 50 committed people. Compared to other billet items out there designed specifically for our trucks, I think the price is pretty reasonable.

I'm hoping to have 25 purchases before I order so whenever you are ready to pay...

When I have 25 payments I will place the order, from there it should take roughly 2 weeks for them to be ready to ship to you. Yes, your total is correct :chevy:

Ok, based upon the old and grey comment, should I wait?

mahanian 06-04-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grendel (Post 2751379)
Ok, based upon the old and grey comment, should I wait?

That comment was to reach a quantity of 50, I'm only waiting till I have 25 orders

FormerMember 06-04-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahanian (Post 2751386)
That comment was to reach a quantity of 50, I'm only waiting till I have 25 orders

Ok, so the dumb question, what would it cost to run the two I want?

(How many do you have committed now?)

FormerMember 06-04-2008 05:51 PM

NM, I have faith. Paypal sent for 165.00 from grendelATpirate4x4.com.

Long Roof 06-04-2008 05:56 PM

Boy, I would love to see some pics before I commit to one. I'm feeling pretty good about this though.

Already Gone 06-04-2008 06:00 PM

Slightly off topic here but I am going to put a Sony X-Plode stereo in my truck and am wondering will I have to cut the dash to do it. If I need to cut the dash then I'd be intersted in one of these plates too.

mahanian 06-04-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 2751407)
Slightly off topic here but I am going to put a Sony X-Plode stereo in my truck and am wondering will I have to cut the dash to do it. If I need to cut the dash then I'd be intersted in one of these plates too.

Any stereo that isn't the classic 2 knob style will require you to cut the dash, if it isn't already cut. In other words, if the stereo plays CD's you have to cut the dash...

mahanian 06-04-2008 06:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of the radio plate in the heater control location. It fits so well that if I didn't know better I would say it was designed for that location ;) The bottom is flush with the bottom of the dash....

Magnuman 06-04-2008 06:11 PM

I just sent paypal for 1 polished Billet Bezel.
Add one more to the list.

mahanian 06-04-2008 06:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics in the stock stereo location. It looks a little odd since my dash isn't cut, but you get the idea on how well it fits the location and fully covers the stock knob holes. Also one with my cheezy photoshop using paint...

mahanian 06-04-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnuman (Post 2751426)
I just sent paypal for 1 polished Billet Bezel.
Add one more to the list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grendel (Post 2751398)
NM, I have faith. Paypal sent for 165.00 from grendelATpirate4x4.com.

Got both your payments...expecting a couple more payments this evening as well

s95930 06-04-2008 07:02 PM

Look Great

Blue85 06-04-2008 07:53 PM

i'll take 2 polished ones, how much extra to ship to Canada?