The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My remote camp trip near Monument Valley (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=827375)

89AKurt 11-21-2021 12:09 AM

Re: My remote camp trip near Monument Valley

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 8996791)
Iam amazed you sleep on the ground I’d be waiting for some animal to say hi does your phone still work out there

I slept in back of the truck. I don't want a snake or scoripon to sneak in! :lol:

89AKurt 11-21-2021 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8997898)
I was going to post, "By the way, nice pictures" (in an overly understated way), because I don't think I have yet. Now I'm saying this should be thread of the year! Why don't you go camping somewhere else now? :lol:

Appreciate your comment. I know right? Getting a little chilly now, at night anyway. The days in Prescott are like Fall, but when the sun drops brrr.

special-K 11-21-2021 10:06 AM

(high) Desert air

It's a nice romantic concept sleeping out under the stars on the ground like the cowboys. That's about it :cool:

89AKurt 11-21-2021 11:48 AM

The best way, unless it's windy and rains. I just timed it bad, but I'm so swamped with work it was a gamble.
I just discovered that Flickr has purged me, without warning. I've had trouble with that website several years ago, dealing with politics. So until I figure out exactly what happened, I won't be posting pictures for awhile. I see my pictures still show up, so they like owning them.

special-K 11-21-2021 03:07 PM

Argh. I'm about to see if I can finally free all my Photobucket pictures I've all but forgotten about. I'm going to subscribe and hope to be able to copy the pictures away from there. I don't know if that will work or if they will be watermarked, as if my pictures are theirs, once I cancel my subscription.

89AKurt 11-26-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8998297)
Argh. I'm about to see if I can finally free all my Photobucket pictures I've all but forgotten about. I'm going to subscribe and hope to be able to copy the pictures away from there. I don't know if that will work or if they will be watermarked, as if my pictures are theirs, once I cancel my subscription.

On the Model Car Magazine forum, many people got pissed about Photobucket, so many of the old threads became a screen with "no image", making the thread useless. I got started with Flickr when I was on my first forum for MINI Coopers.