The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Show us your projects (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=340046)

dubie 05-14-2013 07:54 PM

Re: Show us your projects

yup, you were right about the wheels bud, they look sweet!!! The gauges fit right in, I'll have to take a picture of them

1adam12 05-21-2013 07:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here is mine after 1 month..Need to notch rear..rides kinda rough....I need to figure some better shock mounts...its getting there.

57 3100 05-21-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1adam12 (Post 6082435)
here is mine after 1 month..Need to notch rear..rides kinda rough....I need to figure some better shock mounts...its getting there.

great looking truck.... you might want to lay up under the back and do some measuring before you notch your frame for more travel clearance.
i had a 57 and was gonna do the same thing, but found that my rear housing pumpkin would hit the wood bed floor before it would hit the frame.... i didnt want to put a hole in the wood so i left mine alone..
also, i made some top shock mounts that put the shock straight up and down and on the outside of the frame....
just a thought....

TX58 05-26-2013 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm still on it. Had a little problem with my engine builder but its all good now.
Got a chance to fix a leaking seal on the oil filter adapter today,it only took 3 seals to get it right. I also installed the driveshaft and old exhaust. Starts up sweet, nice and smooth. Next I'm putting the doors,fenders, and hood back on and double checking the body work. Bed,interior,and wheels are next.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX58 (Post 5101859)
Lets try this again

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard8971 05-26-2013 11:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just picked her up. 1954 Chevrolet 3800 1 ton long bed.

solidaxel 05-26-2013 11:46 PM

That is my most fun part on the projects, final assembly!

58ChevroletApache 05-29-2013 08:15 PM

What color have you painted your truck? I absolutely love it and was thinking about doing the same color.

mknittle 05-29-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58ChevroletApache (Post 6097196)
What color have you painted your truck? I absolutely love it and was thinking about doing the same color.

witch one?:lol:

58ChevroletApache 05-29-2013 10:53 PM

Oops, was directing that to TX58 but I love your projects too.

TX58 05-29-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58ChevroletApache (Post 6097196)

Now I don't know how serious you guys are about crossing lines here but I painted my truck a Ford color ( Wimbledon White )
I wanted the original Indian Ivory but WW was the closest I could get to using Eastwood's paints. I really like the color,I painted the interior the same white with the upper part of the dash black and the interior will be white and black. The white vinyl I used for the seat and visors was matched to the exterior color. The seat has black cloth inserts and the door panels are also black cloth ( cloth is same used in '66 impalas)
Posted via Mobile Device

Green 1959 05-30-2013 12:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The Chevelle my wife is working, 58 truck in the background.

mknittle 05-30-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX58 (Post 6097683)
Now I don't know how serious you guys are about crossing lines here but I painted my truck a Ford color ( Wimbledon White )
I wanted the original Indian Ivory but WW was the closest I could get to using Eastwood's paints. I really like the color,I painted the interior the same white with the upper part of the dash black and the interior will be white and black. The white vinyl I used for the seat and visors was matched to the exterior color. The seat has black cloth inserts and the door panels are also black cloth ( cloth is same used in '66 impalas)
Posted via Mobile Device

Nothing wrong with that. I like ford Grabber blue!:lol:

58ChevroletApache 05-30-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX58 (Post 6097683)
Posted via Mobile Device

It looks amazing! We were going to paint it GM Indigo Blue but I saw your car and changed my mind immediately. Great job. When you finish putting it back together I would love to see some more pictures.

TX58 05-30-2013 10:01 PM

Thanks for the compliment
I think when I finally get it back together you are gonna get tired of all the pics I'm gonna post. I lost a little steam while working on this truck but I plan to get back on it this summer. I just ordered some clutch parts that I know I had but somehow misplaced them.
I'm ready to drive it around the block the way it is. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

58ChevroletApache 05-31-2013 06:31 PM

No problem. I don't think I can get sick of seeing a great project come together. That's what I love most about classic vehicles and the cool people who bring all of the parts together to make something they can be proud of. When are you hoping to be completely finished?

TX58 05-31-2013 10:48 PM

Not sure, I'm planning on putting the fenders,hood,and doors back on the truck. I then want to check the bodywork again and fix whatever needs attention. I purchased the bed parts new. I will need to paint and assemble that soon. After all that is finished I will then put the interior together and trim,glass follows. In between all that I will have to figure out the vintage air install . Sounds like a lot doesn't it? Man, I have work to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

58ChevroletApache 06-01-2013 02:08 PM

My 58 is in the process of getting painted right now. It's all getting painted at one time so there won't be any any assembly of body panels. That'll save some time in putting it back together. I hope to have it done before school is back in so I could drive it the first day. Definitely lots of work to do.

Chads51 06-03-2013 02:10 PM

I just picked up a 51 last week. For me and my 14 yr old son.
Is there any way I can use my iPhone to post a pic. Its our first project
Posted via Mobile Device

bowtied4life 06-03-2013 02:48 PM

You certainly can post ads and submit pictures on your Smart Phone. You need to log into this site with ur phone and you are almost done. Happy Posting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rednek13x 06-03-2013 10:09 PM

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...psd2c37799.jpg
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0f745601.jpg

Just bought new wheels and tires, got alot of work done on the bed, set it on the frame to park in the shed for a while and come to find out the bed sides hit the tires. Held a fender up and the tire is close there too... too wide of tires..?

Any ideas on what i can do, id love love love to keep these tires and wheels. i dont really want to lift the box up and the body lines wont line up, look goofy. any ideas? How is everyone else running these big wide tires? 265-65-18

Coach529 06-03-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednek13x (Post 6106084)
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...psd2c37799.jpg
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0f745601.jpg

Just bought new wheels and tires, got alot of work done on the bed, set it on the frame to park in the shed for a while and come to find out the bed sides hit the tires. Held a fender up and the tire is close there too... too wide of tires..?

Any ideas on what i can do, id love love love to keep these tires and wheels. i dont really want to lift the box up and the body lines wont line up, look goofy. any ideas? How is everyone else running these big wide tires? 265-65-18

It does not take much of a tire to fill up those fender wells.

Mini tub?

mknittle 06-03-2013 11:43 PM

Most use wheel tubs. I am going to make a pair for mine out of trailer fenders.

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/sh...hp?tid/263994/

papastrk 06-04-2013 08:34 AM

I have 265/75-15 on 8 1/2" wheels. I used a motorcycle rear fender to make my wheel tubs. They are only about 3" deep and tire clears just fine. They are a heavy gauge and weld up great.

Rednek13x 06-04-2013 09:22 AM

Got any pictures there papa? You can pm me.
Posted via Mobile Device

mknittle 06-04-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednek13x (Post 6106634)
Got any pictures there papa? You can pm me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why not post them so we all can see? THANKS