The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Cubber's Build Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=540844)

cubber 02-22-2014 01:31 PM

Re: Cubber's Build Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra_4 (Post 6513328)
Awesome truck!!!!! I love it!

Thanks!

Rusbuilt 03-01-2014 09:03 PM

Matt's got himself a new home and he's been moving in over the past week or two. He sent me a couple of pics last night!
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54wjyz8c.jpg
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7uyhpts.jpg

JRANGER 03-01-2014 11:34 PM

those are nice pics

Luther Grimace 03-15-2014 12:20 AM

I was just gonna comment on this thread cause my brother showed it to me. I saw your truck at the Rumble and Rusbuilt LWB I believe. I took pics of both cause they were awesome! It's funny your from Unionville. My wife is from Shelbyville. We used to eat every Saturday morning at her Uncle's restaurant Sweet Aroma in Unionville.

cubber 03-15-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luther Grimace (Post 6575935)
I was just gonna comment on this thread cause my brother showed it to me. I saw your truck at the Rumble and Rusbuilt LWB I believe. I took pics of both cause they were awesome! It's funny your from Unionville. My wife is from Shelbyville. We used to eat every Saturday morning at her Uncle's restaurant Sweet Aroma in Unionville.

I bet her Uncle's name is Robert. We lived next door to Sweet Aroma. My back yard was next to their parking lot.

resto newbie 03-15-2014 11:21 PM

I didn't learn about your truck until I saw it in the "underhauling" workday pictures. It was then that I acquired about its owner because I had some questions about your suspension setup. I'm sad to say that I only found your thread tonight and had all my questions answered. I admire how close the central TN crew of C10 owners are! It's amazing how you all work together to accomplish each others goals with your trucks. You all really seem to be a nice and fun group of brothers. I wish I could find something like that in west central Alabama, but I digress. Going through your thread is an inspiration. I am starting a build and it can be overwhelming at times. Thank you for taking the time to post your hardships and victories. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who goes through it.

cubber 03-16-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resto newbie (Post 6577431)
I didn't learn about your truck until I saw it in the "underhauling" workday pictures. It was then that I acquired about its owner because I had some questions about your suspension setup. I'm sad to say that I only found your thread tonight and had all my questions answered. I admire how close the central TN crew of C10 owners are! It's amazing how you all work together to accomplish each others goals with your trucks. You all really seem to be a nice and fun group of brothers. I wish I could find something like that in west central Alabama, but I digress. Going through your thread is an inspiration. I am starting a build and it can be overwhelming at times. Thank you for taking the time to post your hardships and victories. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who goes through it.

Thanks, man. It has been a great ride, and it's not over yet. Once I clear the hurdles of all of this moving stuff, I'll be able to get back to the business of truck projects. I've got some plans, too!

resto newbie 03-16-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubber (Post 6578305)
Thanks, man. It has been a great ride, and it's not over yet. Once I clear the hurdles of all of this moving stuff, I'll be able to get back to the business of truck projects. I've got some plans, too!

Can't wait to see those plans. I'm subscribed. :)

Luther Grimace 03-16-2014 02:45 PM

Yeah that's him! I will have to holler at y'all next time I'm in Shelbyville. I think we are going to some Christian fundraising car show there soon. I will prolly post a link on the Tennessee page. I definitely want to see Rusbuilt's dually in person.

gdavis 06-09-2014 08:52 PM

I like the way a V-8 looks. keep working and good luck.

JRANGER 07-10-2014 05:10 PM

So...Is she back in the garage and being worked on?

5150 07-10-2014 05:32 PM

Hope to see it at the show next week!

JRANGER 07-10-2014 05:32 PM

lol, wow i didnt even realize the show was next week lol

5150 07-10-2014 05:41 PM

It's been sneaking up on me for 2 months now.

Rusbuilt 07-11-2014 10:25 AM

I got to talk with Matt this morning. I believe he's gonna make it Bryan.

gdavis 07-11-2014 10:22 PM

Hey man long time since I have been here. I guess you haven't made a trip to st. Pete, Fl. lately. But if you do stop by and see old patches. she is close to driving.

cubber 07-12-2014 10:47 AM

Thanks, Guys! I plan to be at the show next week.

Todd68Chevy 07-12-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubber (Post 6757861)

Good to hear. I will see you there.

thelonerife 07-13-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubber (Post 6757861)

Great! I miss you man!

cubber 09-20-2014 12:57 AM

Well, fellas, the truck is gone. It left Tuesday for it's new home in Alabama. I sure was sad to see it go, but sometimes life puts ya in a situation, and you just have to handle it the best way you can. With the new house and all it's renovation projects, long work hours, and looming medical bills, letting the truck go was the best option. I have to admit that I couldn't even watch it drive away. It's ok , though. I'm not out. I'll be able to build another one some day. When I do, I'll have all the things I learned building this one to help along the way. Better than that, though, I'll always have the friends I met through this site. Some of you are my brothers. Rus, Chuck, Jeff, and all the Tennessee crew were such a help on this project. I could never have completed it without y'all. I love every one of y'all. I won't ever forget the cold nights laying on the concrete in my shop at the old house, cussing the exhaust fitment, drilling 1000 holes, and drilling more holes. I also won't forget all the laughs we had as we built my dream truck piece by piece. This has truly been one of the best and most memorable experiences of my life. Thank you all.

Well, I guess I'll have some extra time now....might have to go up to Clarksville or Knoxvegas to find something to work on. Looking forward to it!

JRANGER 09-20-2014 10:52 AM

Well im sorry to hear that you had to let her go but glad you were able get her sold. Once you get another project let us know, be glad to help on the next one. Hope you get all the house hold projects in order brother.

thelonerife 09-20-2014 11:33 AM

all my rowdy truck friends have settled down.

I hope you get another truck soon. But your still my brother! Like it or not! lol

rusty76 09-20-2014 04:03 PM

At least we got this build in the low buck build threads! You've been a big supporter and for that I'm greatful. I can't wait to see another build one day. Keep us on the up and up.!

flashed 09-20-2014 09:21 PM

Sorry to hear you sold your truck ,I never got to see it in person but it was still one of my favorites .I will wait for the next one you build ,best of luck on the home projects .

gdavis 09-21-2014 12:02 AM

Matt I am sorry you sold the truck and it seems that you got what you wanted for the old girl. Keep in touch with me when ever you are in Fl. George

cubber 11-18-2014 09:03 PM

Been reading back through this build. I had so much fun and made some great friends. Man, I feel sick when I realize the truck isn't out in my garage anymore, and all I have is the 1969 original tag. I regret selling it. I miss working on it. I miss hanging out with the Three Amigos. This sucks. Don't ever sell your truck, if you can find any other option!

JRANGER 11-18-2014 10:42 PM

YOu can always buy another....If you buy it, we will come :)

Rusbuilt 11-19-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRANGER (Post 6923672)
YOu can always buy another....If you buy it, we will come :)

Yes we will!!:metal:

LuckyInk 06-17-2016 11:56 PM

Hey man just went through your whole build thread after seeing your truck come up on google while looking for pics of these trucks running soft 8s your truck is sweet trying to figure wheel an tire size to price them out I want to ditch my 15s for something a little bigger

LuckyInk 06-18-2016 12:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of mine from a couple years ago I'll have to take some newer ones tomorrow I love the patina look

Jerrysgmc 10-26-2017 04:21 PM

What was the backspaceing on the 17x8 wheels. And did you say you used 235/55/17 tiers? I love the look of the truck.