The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Not another build thread! Progress on my '67 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=192693)

67ChevyRedneck 06-28-2006 11:06 PM

Re: Not another build thread! Progress on my '67

I'm not sure which mounts you're referring to?

If you mean the seat mounts, no, they are the stock seat mounts off a 93 silverado that came with the 93 bench seat, I just set them back farther so I didn't have to modify them for the "hump" in the floor that runs from door to door.

If you mean the cab mounts, no again, the frame mounts are stock and the actual cab mounts were a kit I got from GMC Pauls.

I think you were referring to one of the two?

Tink 06-30-2006 07:01 AM

I was referring the the cab mounts... meaning the bracket part... they look new in the pic... I need to replace mine on a different model truck so I was wondering if you had made them or bought them. If I could buy mounts it would certainly be easier then making them. :)

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
BACK TO WORK! I started another long friday off packing up the dogs and driving to Cola to work on the ole girl again. I made good use of my CCP hidden hinges for the 67. The instructions were a little vague but they did tell you what size drill bits you need. Of course, I don't have a big honkin 1/2 drive drill.... so I had fun wallering out the big holes with a 3/8" bit:crazy: You have to drill out the side of the tailgate first (keeping the top of the hole against the back edge of the tailgate (the inside edge). You then have to guestimate where to drill the hole for the mounting screw, and you could then figure out where to drill the two holes for the slider and cut out the section between the two. The final step is to shut the gate, snap the latches, punch a hole and drill (or waller) out a 1/2 hole in the bedside for the rubber grommet.

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look MA! No chains! With a fellow board memebers help, I hope to have a set of hidden hinges on next time as well.

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, here's where I win the f*tard of the year award, I wasn't happy with the front clip of the truck... sooooooo, I repainted it:crazy:

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I also sanded the bed back down a bit and put some "real" primer on it.

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And I got up nice and early again and painted the bed and the front clip.

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will admit that I half, well you know what, the inside of the bed...big time. I plan on sanding the wood down a bit and staining it and the inner bedsides will be coated with a bedliner stuff. Just a driver, no show truck here:)

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Bill didn't like the fact that my truck was only a day-ly driver so I cleaned up the headlight buckets, rings, and lights, and reinstalled them. I also hit the core support with some flat black to make it stand out better behind the grill (yes, I got so excited I was finally painting it last month that I forgot to tape the backside of the grill off)

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like I got to bust out some bling too! Just as a side note.... REPOP FENDERS DO NOT HAVE THE HOLES DRILLED OUT FOR THE HEADLIGHT TRIM RINGS. It's scary drilling fresh paint:(

67ChevyRedneck 07-10-2006 09:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more shots of what's been done so far. Next time (probably a few weeks from now) I'll have the rear fenders, steps and tailgate in paint. I should also have all of the "bling" on the front end, including my super ultra cool (what a dork, huh?) fog light (excuse me, driving lights) front bumper. Whooo flippity hooooo. I might acutally be able to drive this sum beech in a couple months!

Palf70Step 07-10-2006 09:49 PM

Congrats, but boy you bettter slow down...you are getting to fer ahead of me. ;)

Work and progress looks great on the truck. Looking forward to seeing the final assembly and tire melting. :D

67ChevyRedneck 07-11-2006 10:55 AM

I promised the girlfriend I'd leave the "other woman" alone for a few weeks and spend the next couple weekends with her before she goes back to UGA to her junior year in graduate vet school (she's gonna be like 25 when she finally graduates but she'll be making lots of money so I can buy more projects:lol:) SO you've got about 3 weeks to catch up:lol: I'm gonna be pushin for early september.... now where am I gonna get another $1,800 to finish???

Palf70Step 07-11-2006 01:03 PM

I think you might still beat me even with that delay. It is looking nuce though.

jimmydean 07-12-2006 10:00 AM

That's looking great! You've gotten a lot farther than I have on mine in the near year I've had it. I told myself when I started the new job in January that I would make progress since I wouldn't be driving and I still drive it too much.

Man, this board sure is motivation to do stuff though!

glock35ipsc 07-12-2006 10:33 AM

Looking great! I really like that color!

ThatOneBlue67 07-14-2006 04:51 PM

I like the color as well! It looks very familiar... I'm looking forward to attempting a gas tank relocation of my own.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Truck/Wax2.jpg

MisterMan 07-14-2006 05:52 PM

waxing in sun!!??... oh... riskey!!... looks awesome man!

--den

"67"StepSide 07-15-2006 10:01 PM

Nice job!!!!!! Love to see progress!!!:clap: :c2: :five:

67ChevyRedneck 07-16-2006 04:08 PM

The color is a 1999 (and I'm sure it applied to many other years as well, I just so happened to see it under 1999 in the paint book) GM medium blue metallic. It looks dark in some of the pics, but in person the color is actually pretty light and somewhat close to the original interior color of the truck (the truck was originally blue interior with white exterior). I love progress too!

HotRod71 07-16-2006 04:44 PM

I was gonna say it looked like Med. Quasar Blue Metallic that was on my 91 Vette. Looks great

67ChevyRedneck 07-16-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatOneBlue67
I like the color as well! It looks very familiar... I'm looking forward to attempting a gas tank relocation of my own.

I actually didn't think it was hard at all. The only difficult part is how and where your going to get fuel IN the tank.

67ChevyRedneck 07-17-2006 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I worked real hard this weekend on the truck.... I somehow managed to paint my repop bowtie the same color as the truck and put some clear on it. Well, at least as close as Wal-Mart's med. blue metallic spray can paint is:)

I also painted the two grill pieces white, haven't cleared them yet, and I started to clean up all of the brackets and taillights for the bed.

krue 07-17-2006 11:48 AM

I just read this thread from start to finish (took about 1/2 hour for all the pics to load w/stupid dialup connection) and just want to say you should be proud of the job you've done on your truck! It looks great.:D

Scrubby 07-17-2006 12:16 PM

Very awesome job! This thread is inspiring! I need to get off my butt and get working on my blazer!

----
Pete

'72 K5 Blazer
'87 V10 Suburban
Pictures of my trucks!
GMTrucks.org - Absolutely Free Forums, Classifieds, FAQ, Image Hosting, and More!