The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What's the coolest/most interesting thing you've found in your truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=704891)

Montierth 08-10-2021 05:17 PM

Re: What's the coolest/most interesting thing you've found in your truck

I found several pesos under the rubber flooring and in the vents inside the cab.

Also inside the driver side vent I found a glass weed pipe that looked well used. Should have kept but wife encouraged me to toss it so I did.

I also found a small Batman action figure that when you squeeze his legs together he punches. When I bought my truck it was all black and I originally called it the black pearl because it sat in the "bay" all the time and was pretty rough. Once I found the batman it went on the dash and became the batmobile.

Caddylackn 08-10-2021 07:33 PM

I found mouse skeletons in the cab corners, about 5 lbs of mulch in the cowl, a marble and few rocks in the gas tank. I also found out that I am running two different heads on what looks like the stock 350. I think a 624 head and an 881 head.....So, I am sure there is a good story here I missed.

What was more scary was what I didn't find, like most of the factree air components, any solid metal in the rockers, cab corners, floor pans, under the battree, and the bottom of the front window lip.

Steeveedee 08-10-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montierth (Post 8956137)
I found several pesos under the rubber flooring and in the vents inside the cab.

Also inside the driver side vent I found a glass weed pipe that looked well used. Should have kept but wife encouraged me to toss it so I did.

I also found a small Batman action figure that when you squeeze his legs together he punches. When I bought my truck it was all black and I originally called it the black pearl because it sat in the "bay" all the time and was pretty rough. Once I found the batman it went on the dash and became the batmobile.

:lol: If someone squeezed my legs together, I'd be punching, too!

purple gas 08-10-2021 09:58 PM

A pair of vice grips clamped onto the frame near the front right wheel. Must have been there a decade or two. Pretty seazed up and rusty but I hosed them down with WD40 and got them off.

Montierth 08-10-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8956225)
:lol: If someone squeezed my legs together, I'd be punching, too!

LOL! HAHAHAH! I didn't even cross my mind but agree I'd be swinging too!

Hotcorner 08-12-2021 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe this

Southpaw69 08-12-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring (Post 7569979)
We must come from opposite poles: I would imagine finding a gun would be an absolute joy. :)

That's what I was thinking. I didn't even find any ammo in mine.

Sheepdip 08-12-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcorner (Post 8957089)
Maybe this

I'm considered s l o w....what is it??

Killer Bee 08-12-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcorner (Post 8957089)
Maybe this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 8957116)
I'm considered s l o w....what is it??

is that an assembly jig from manufacturing?

Hotcorner 08-13-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8957126)
is that an assembly jig from manufacturing?

It’s a magnet. Probably used to hold tools while working on the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

yuccales 08-17-2021 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this in the 69. Helps with grease under those nails. Dealer giveaway?

Already Gone 09-03-2021 12:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this For Sale sign behind the gas tank when I removed it from the cab and it had been there since 2014. I know that because the original owner sold it to his son in 1987 and I talked to the original owners son a year or so after I bought the truck and he told me he sold it to someone in Minnesota in 2011. The guy I bought it from only had it about 6 months and I was pretty sure he bought to flip. Finding this For Sale sign with the Minnesota Area Code phone number and the 8500.00 obo price confirms my thoughts. He did okay cause he didn't do anything to the truck and I paid him 9800.00 for it in October 2014 and was happy to do so.

72c20customcamper 09-03-2021 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this in the 85 today never flipped the seat forward before big amp for the radio . Had no idea it was even there. I need to see if it’s even hooked up

Palf70Step 09-03-2021 02:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bypass oil filter system on my 70. I have seen plenty on big rigs, but never a regular pickup

Sinisterspeed 09-14-2021 12:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After parting out a few of these I collected a few trinkets.

One of the oddest things I found is what appears to be a period roadside kit. In a 71 GMC longhorn body that was set up for a camper, Besides the access panels on both sides to get to the camper wiring and extra tanks, there was

1. Metal second battery tray mounted in the bed body color,
2. Metal mounted body color flare holder body color,
3. Metal mounted box holding roadside reflectors that you set up and fold into an upright position also body color.

They all seem to be period and I've never done any research on them nor have I ever found any others. So I don't know if they were a dealer camper options, some owner painted them body color back when the truck was new or what. I just set them aside and figured I would do something with them later.

... huh photobucket appears to have required you to pay now to host images at all.

desert-rat 09-21-2021 04:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this badging under the carpet attached to the upper section of the floor board. The truck use to belong to LOCKHEED. I also found a 6 cent postage stamp.

NewBayColony 09-21-2021 12:11 PM

Subscribe

pjmoreland 02-13-2023 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this cordless phone sitting on the radiator support under the battery tray. Also, the PO really must have liked munching on almonds while he was driving because I found them all over the place under the seat.

body bolt 02-13-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoreland (Post 9178215)
I found this cordless phone sitting on the radiator support under the battery tray. Also, the PO really must have liked munching on almonds while he was driving because I found them all over the place under the seat.

I wonder how long the PO looked for that. I should look there for the LED light I can't find.

67C10Step 02-13-2023 09:19 PM

Found a letter from a previous owner to the bank holding the note on the truck explaining why he was behind on his payments. Kept that along with a gas charge receipt for $3.50.

Warrens69GMC 02-13-2023 10:30 PM

Just bought a 67 lwb, 6cyl without title. It has changed hands a few times, but still was complete and appears straight. Going through the garbage in the truck, found the original title and a set of west coast Jr repros.

K10-Kansas 02-13-2023 10:35 PM

I found a screwdriver in one stake pocket, a chain in the other, and a belt in the engine bay. I had to fish the chain and screwdriver out with a coat hanger. Apparently when the PO dropped something, he just left it.

68bowtie 02-13-2023 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC (Post 9178261)
Just bought a 67 lwb, 6cyl without title. It has changed hands a few times, but still was complete and appears straight. Going through the garbage in the truck, found the original title and a set of west coast Jr repros.

I think title that ranks at the top for best find!

Warrens69GMC 02-13-2023 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9178270)
I think title that ranks at the top for best find!

Well, the owner passed away in 2011, so I had to get a bonded title.
With the title, none others were issued and found out it wasn't stolen.
Already had it inspected and waiting on paperwork to come back.

The 250 runs with gas put in the carburetor.
It's a 250, 3ott, lwb with heater delete. Someone added a Arvin heater sometime.

body bolt 02-13-2023 11:59 PM

I found only cigarette butts and receipt from a lumber company.