The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   68 aka "Chained in Porterbuilt Prison" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=475791)

idreama300 11-01-2015 12:30 AM

Re: 68 aka "Chained in Porterbuilt Prison"

Any updates?

blake's first 11-01-2015 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's looking good love them parts have you checked these. Out Attachment 1462480

tucker69 02-18-2016 06:45 PM

WOW!!!!! Don't know how I have missed this build from a fellow Louisianan... Awesome work, truck looks amazing, all the small details(some big ones too). All this talk of swap meets, we are getting ready for "Decatur" next weekend, I think I heard you mention earlier in your build that you make the Decatur swap meet. Let me know and where you are, I would love to meet you. Again, great work on your truck and good luck with it. You have given me so many ideas to steal from you. That just one of the nice things about this forum.... Casey

jim-bob 02-19-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucker69 (Post 7491051)
WOW!!!!! Don't know how I have missed this build from a fellow Louisianan... Awesome work, truck looks amazing, all the small details(some big ones too). All this talk of swap meets, we are getting ready for "Decatur" next weekend, I think I heard you mention earlier in your build that you make the Decatur swap meet. Let me know and where you are, I would love to meet you. Again, great work on your truck and good luck with it. You have given me so many ideas to steal from you. That just one of the nice things about this forum.... Casey

Sorry to butt in but you mentioned Decatur Swap Meet..What state? Thanks

darkhorse970 02-19-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim-bob (Post 7491753)
Sorry to butt in but you mentioned Decatur Swap Meet..What state? Thanks

Decatur, TX - it's a very cool, old school swap meet. We've gone for the past few years.

tucker69 02-19-2016 02:12 PM

Darkhorse are yall going over to decatur next week? If so do you have a booth or just going for the ride? Casey

PowerdbyChevy79 02-24-2016 11:05 AM

any new updates....

knomadd 03-03-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtp67-72 (Post 6512231)
Looks like Christmas came late......Marquez lites today.....any one want to guess what the collars are for??? Stole that idea from Belowme51.....Used on rear control arms and lower front arms to attach accuair level control sensors....jim

Hey Jim, I cam across your post in another thread about using the Marquez tail lights with the digi-tails LED's. Have you installed these lights yet, or at least checked the fitment of the panel between the housing and the lenses?

I'm asking because I recently purchesed the LED panels and they won't fit with my Fesler lights. I've been looking at the Marquez lights to see if they will fit since they are similar in style, but I don't want to drop another $250 on lenses if they won't solve my issue. Another member told me his Felsers looked like they would work, so I took the risk... They don't fit. Makes me wonder if the $825 kit is the only ones that work with the digi-tails.

jtp67-72 03-04-2016 11:18 PM

I have not installed yet....on another house project ....thats why i've been gone awhile....truck still needs finishing................I own the swapmeet at Conroe and Humble.......Decatur is always the weekend after me in Feb.....my Humble meet is Sunday April 3rd............I promise I'm coming back here soon................jim

MMcMasters 05-17-2016 04:47 PM

I stumbled on your thread because I searched "will porterbuilt hood hinges work with a boxed firewall gutter" and this thread popped up. So of course I just spent the last hour reading this entire thread, Wow!!! Your attention to detail is inspiring.

Mike

boostedc10 06-14-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 7507961)
Hey Jim, I cam across your post in another thread about using the Marquez tail lights with the digi-tails LED's. Have you installed these lights yet, or at least checked the fitment of the panel between the housing and the lenses?

I'm asking because I recently purchesed the LED panels and they won't fit with my Fesler lights. I've been looking at the Marquez lights to see if they will fit since they are similar in style, but I don't want to drop another $250 on lenses if they won't solve my issue. Another member told me his Felsers looked like they would work, so I took the risk... They don't fit. Makes me wonder if the $825 kit is the only ones that work with the digi-tails.

Knomadd shoot me a pm with some pictures, I am sure I can help you with a cheaper solution. Its odd you have the same setup as me but mine fit and yours dont.

Sorry to jack your thread Jim!

rob32472 01-14-2017 07:26 AM

Any updates?

jbice70gmc 01-06-2018 05:44 AM

Bump