The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   finally put some color on this thing. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=478828)

CMACDONALD1 10-26-2011 03:32 PM

Re: finally put some color on this thing.

Cool airsteam. Thats about the right size of trailer to pull behind the Burb. I've seen a lot of trailers with damage on the front like yours and have wonderd how you would fix that. What are your plans for that type of fix? I wonder if a aircraft mechanic could fix something like that. I'm not sure if I could tackle something like that myself. look forward to seeing some pictures or maybe in person once you have that rig on the road.

gumbys10 10-26-2011 11:40 PM

Actually Airstream still will make any panel you need, the correct looking rivets as well. The very bottom foot though is only available in plastic. So I am gonna give it a whirl on the english wheel. The rest will be as simple as cutting off the rivets,remove the old panels, install the new panels and re rivet. The inside however, we are gonna make alot modern materials, and components and fabric to match the inside of the suburban. I'll post a project thread on it when I start. I have to admit, I stare at a pic of your burb and admire the wheels and stance. Looks great.

PHAT TONY 10-26-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMACDONALD1 (Post 4971806)
Tony I think the 4x4 option back in those days was a luxury and I'm sure the Saskatchewan gov just could not justify the extra cost vs a set of good old tire chains.

Given the production numbers of Blazers, 4wd vs 2wd, not many people envisioned cruising a lowered 16 foot long topless truck back then eh?
Your 'Burb looks absolutely T$TS!! Hope we both get a little more cruise time next year!

PHAT TONY 10-27-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumbys10 (Post 4971909)
They air stream is a little rough, I plan to restore it while using it, starting in the spring as it is a little large to fit in my garage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0/SSPX0412.jpg

This was my suburban, but I opted to sell it for one with less work so I could spend more time fixing the airstream

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0/SSPX0411.jpg

You winterize that Airstream?...looks very well insulated. lol.

SLOW POKE 11-03-2011 07:37 PM

lol, now thats funny!!:agree:

Mr Pops 11-19-2011 10:26 PM

:haha::lol:

CMACDONALD1 03-22-2012 07:55 PM

ACCUAIR is orderd!!! Should be here within a few weeks.

PHAT TONY 03-22-2012 09:58 PM

Congrats..., but I think that 4th vehicle down in your list deserves some attention; maybe in another sub-forum? Maybe a picture filled intro? Hhmmmm?

CMACDONALD1 03-23-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHAT TONY (Post 5268955)
Congrats..., but I think that 4th vehicle down in your list deserves some attention; maybe in another sub-forum? Maybe a picture filled intro? Hhmmmm?

Alright... I will get some pictures up over there soon Tony. You should just pop over and have a look when you have a chance it is a pretty cool truck.

gumbys10 04-18-2012 01:06 AM

Well I'm waiting for more pics on your suburban, I got lazy and sold my gmc and bought this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...IMG_0377-1.jpg

I have some questions as I want to lower it alot more, closer to yours. Do you have a c notch in the rear? What do you have up front for suspension, air bags, and drop spindles? Do you still have inner wheel wells? Do you have any pictures of your ride height? I am trying to decide which way to go. Just bags and a c notch or full drop member kit, or airridetechnoligies slam air, but thinking budget will decide on just airbag set up and levelride e3 from airride technoligies.

Slammed66 04-18-2012 01:53 AM

I'll jump in here. I did the air ride on chads burb for him.
We are about to redo it again!! Stay tuned for pics!!

As for the questions, there is currently NO c notch.
The front has drop spindles and bags. The inner fenders are still in place.

By the way, that is a great looking burb you've. Got , I'm jealous!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

CMACDONALD1 04-18-2012 01:25 PM

Hopefully the weather smartens up here and then I will post a few more pics. As far as the set up I believe slammed66 sumed it up. I may put a c notch latter but nothing major. I may still want to pull a trailer and I don't want to compromise that by putting a c notch in there even thou a lot of guys have had success with it. Slammed 66 sold me the accuair setup so thats the next thing to install when I get a chance.

CMACDONALD1 04-18-2012 01:28 PM

Oh by the way GREAT LOOKING BURB!!! What wheels are you running? They look real nice on there.

Slammed66 04-18-2012 02:22 PM

Looks like eagle 225's. Good choice!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

CMACDONALD1 06-12-2012 05:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a quick picture before it goes back under the knife for some accuair!!! My son figures this is like a big lego project and is an great little helper. I think he is more excited than me. He just loves to roll up to school in the old burb.

gumbys10 06-12-2012 07:13 PM

Sweet, cannot wait to install my accuair as well, My porterbuilt stuff should be shipped this week if all goes well.

CMACDONALD1 06-13-2012 08:12 PM

Hey gumby I heard you were talking to Matt. I think mine is all ready to go. The boxes of accuair looked real intimidating but it was actually pretty straight forward and easy to install. I have a little more adjusting on the ride level sensors that I should finish up tonight and then it should be good to go. I had airide installed a couple of years ago that Matt put together for me and it worked ok but this accuair is just 10 times the product and you will giggle when you get it in there. Have fun with it!

Slammed66 06-13-2012 08:45 PM

Pictures/video or it didn't happen..
Posted via Mobile Device

PHAT TONY 06-13-2012 09:25 PM

Yeah! lol. It looks like your boy has a kid size beer in his hand lol.
Tell Matt the new set up is a bummer; then he might get off me about it for my Blazer.

CMACDONALD1 06-13-2012 09:44 PM

Shhhh Tony don't tell his mom I let him drink beer in the shop lol. You know I was not really sold on the air ride with the first install because it was kind of a pain when you wanted to get in the veh and drive away. That accuair you turn the key to on and it just goes right to ride height without even hitting a button. It is the way to go if you want air ride for sure and the controller is really user friendly. It also has key fobs with it if you want to raise or lower from outside your veh. YOU NEED IT TONY!!! It was easy to install as well.

Slammed66 06-13-2012 11:23 PM

Two against one tony.....

Will trade accuair for body work, or cash .. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

PHAT TONY 06-13-2012 11:50 PM

Matt quit posting from Chads account!

gumbys10 06-15-2012 01:49 AM

Join the accuair side boah ha ha

boschma 05-14-2014 10:30 PM

This is by far my favorite suburban yet

kbrown 06-17-2014 08:01 AM

Great looking Burb, Great Stance, How did you get the stance.
Thanks
Kevin