The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=418169)

thirdstreettito 09-07-2010 10:05 AM

Re: Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel"

Its been a week!

STOCKISH 09-07-2010 10:55 AM

Thats what I was just thinking! Get at it Chuck!

Stitch 09-07-2010 05:14 PM

didn't get the control arm bushings and lower ball joints pressed into the control arms in time to put the suspension together this weekend...I did get a new windshield and solid back glass put in the truck last week...nothing else though...me and the family are going out of town this coming weekend and the weekend after that, so nothing will be done to the truck before then....sorry guys...it's killing me too to drive it around looking like a dern donk...

87 chevy silverado 09-08-2010 05:26 PM

ha it does look like one to from a distance

LS1_C10 09-09-2010 03:06 AM

Ive gotta say...Next payday, Im buying a bottle of CLR. I wanna see what itll do to a zero gloss and already 42 year patina'd car. You are awesome for sharing your wonderful idea.

Stitch 09-09-2010 08:01 AM

Thanks man but I can't take credit as my idea. I saw a thread about it months ago and thought it would be cool to try. What could I lose really. So I tried it and it's worked good so far. I still have to go over the a couple more times I think but on the rest of the truck it got rid of all the surface rust already. So right now everything is down to the original paint, primer, or metal except the hood. Once I get the hood down to the original stuff, I'm gonna tape everything up and clear over it all. Then alittle wetsanding and buffing and the body will be done for now. The only other thing I'm gonna do to the outside is put a boltless front bumper and rear sport bumper and one piece windows in the doors.

Thanks again man. I can tell you that it definitely worked pretty good
Posted via Mobile Device

mcbassin 09-10-2010 01:35 PM

Very cool project Chuck! I will be following along too.

aggie91 09-11-2010 10:51 PM

Looks good so far. I am going to try the CLR on my 65 this fall. Can't wait to see you interior ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stitch 09-12-2010 09:10 AM

Thanks fellas. I can't wait to get started on it. I need to get a dash and door panel covered so eveyone can see and then I can start getting things situated so I can get the truck dropped. I still need to get the control arms, rotors, calipers, and rear disc brake bracket painted. I bought some stuff from lvschevytrucks to paint and seal all that stuff.

Also I wanted to comment that even though the rear disc brake brackets from blackbird look like they are well made and cut out by a machine, for the money I pad I expected the brackets to be pwodercoated or some thing and the kit to come with grade 8 hardware which it did not. The brackets must have painted right before they were put in the box and they had to be pried apart and the hardware is subpar in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

JohnC 09-12-2010 11:45 AM

That's a bummer thing to hear about the Blackbirds setup. I'm like you I would expect a better product output than that.

Tagg33 09-12-2010 12:08 PM

Subscribed! Love the diesel.

menace121978 09-12-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Hoe (Post 4185790)
Thanks fellas. I can't wait to get started on it. I need to get a dash and door panel covered so eveyone can see and then I can start getting things situated so I can get the truck dropped. I still need to get the control arms, rotors, calipers, and rear disc brake bracket painted. I bought some stuff from lvschevytrucks to paint and seal all that stuff.

Also I wanted to comment that even though the rear disc brake brackets from blackbird look like they are well made and cut out by a machine, for the money I pad I expected the brackets to be pwodercoated or some thing and the kit to come with grade 8 hardware which it did not. The brackets must have painted right before they were put in the box and they had to be pried apart and the hardware is subpar in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry to hear that Chuck. mine had grade 8 in it but i had to blast the brackets and paint them myself. i couldn't complain too much more because he knocked $50 bucks off mine because he shipped the wrong kit the 1st time. you should give him a call. i'm sure he'll make it right.

Stitch 09-12-2010 07:52 PM

It's not really that big of a deal or that much trouble. I've got some sealer paint for my hard parts underneath and I'll just paint them with that and the grade 8 hardware isn't that expensive. Maybe the hardware was an oversight as you got good hardware. Just thought I'd mention that for the money I expected more that's all.
Posted via Mobile Device

nbpro 09-21-2010 10:54 PM

Streetrod Farm Truck -sings- Oh where oh where can my owner be, has he forgot about me:waah:

Stitch 09-21-2010 10:58 PM

This Saturday I'm going to be lowering the truck hopefully as long as everything goes as planned WOOT...and then Sunday I'm going to the pull a part and buy every dash and door panel they have lol...

this week sometime I have to take and seal and paint my control arms and shafts...and get the control arm bushings and ball joints pressed into the arms...then I'll be ready for Saturday...:D...I'm excited to get the truck on the ground finally...

nbpro 09-21-2010 11:04 PM

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully you'll have time to take progress pics. Wait. Do you take pics, even?:haha::haha::haha:

Stitch 09-21-2010 11:06 PM

A$$hole...lmao...:haha::haha::haha::haha:

nbpro 09-22-2010 12:16 AM

i need to paint my control arms as well :smoke:

87 chevy silverado 09-22-2010 10:27 AM

:burnout:yea there will be pics :metal:;)

STOCKISH 09-22-2010 11:22 AM

Pics? Shoot, Chuck had to borrow MY camera to take pics of the crew cab when I was leaving with it! :lol:

palposity 09-22-2010 12:11 PM

I'm sure with the new "Stitch" business Chuck is more focused on his entrepreneurial pursuits than on his build. His veritable plethora of candidates who are agog with interest for interior packages from his feeler thread will likely keep him slaving over the sewing machine for years to come in order to complete this Brobdingnagian project. But, years from now, when all the orders have been fulfilled and every last loop of thread has been stitched - he will emerge victorious from his entrepreneurial catharsis. His interiors will be legendary. The Indians in the mountains will sing folk songs about him. And we - those who knew him before he joined the exalted ranks in automotive folklore with others such as Chip Foos, will remain, as always, his humble servants. All of us, united together, support him in the belief that his efforts will not prove feckless.

I take this moment to salute the birth of "THE STITCH" and look forward to your ascension to the aforementioned ranks in North American Automotive legend.

ccreddell 09-22-2010 01:13 PM

Im surprised that I understood all the big words, and that they were all strung together in a correct way.............but, like I always say; "eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation".

Stitch 09-22-2010 01:58 PM

Y'all be sure to read this. This is awesome :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by palposity (Post 4203802)
I'm sure with the new "Stitch" business Chuck is more focused on his entrepreneurial pursuits than on his build. His veritable plethora of candidates who are agog with interest for interior packages from his feeler thread will likely keep him slaving over the sewing machine for years to come in order to complete this Brobdingnagian project. But, years from now, when all the orders have been fulfilled and every last loop of thread has been stitched - he will emerge victorious from his entrepreneurial catharsis. His interiors will be legendary. The Indians in the mountains will sing folk songs about him. And we - those who knew him before he joined the exalted ranks in automotive folklore with others such as Chip Foos, will remain, as always, his humble servants. All of us, united together, support him in the belief that his efforts will not prove feckless.

I take this moment to salute the birth of "THE STITCH" and look forward to your ascension to the aforementioned ranks in North American Automotive legend.

Posted via Mobile Device

nbpro 09-22-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palposity (Post 4203802)

Well there goes all my PR work down the drain. I've been replaced.:lol::lol::lol:

May THE STITCH live forever.:flag:

joe231 09-22-2010 02:40 PM

:haha:
Chip Foos?
it that the Asian version of Chip Foose? :devil: