The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=678331)

Misled 05-30-2016 11:09 PM

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddoky (Post 7610286)
No, there's no particular PS hoses called out in the instructions of any of the components...the lab tech who does all the final assembly of our swap projects normally makes custom hoses using Aeroquip fittings and hose.

You should smuggle (or at least have them sell) me a set!!!! :):)

toddoky 05-30-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misled (Post 7610303)
You should smuggle (or at least have them sell) me a set!!!! :):)

The fittings he uses are are the re-usable type, so you can obtain and use the same parts he did.

Advanced Design 05-31-2016 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A bit off topic though here is the exhaust system I put together using the 73 - 87 downpipes. The downpipes worked perfectly for this application.

Thanks again Todd.

toddoky 06-01-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 7611123)
A bit off topic though here is the exhaust system I put together using the 73 - 87 downpipes. The downpipes worked perfectly for this application.

Thanks again Todd.

It looks like you put those Hooker manifolds and adapters to good use Doug, nice job.

Houston Ben 07-15-2016 08:03 PM

Todd,
how much better is the flow of the cast iron headers than stock truck, tbss, or Camara manifolds?

Thanks

toddoky 07-15-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston Ben (Post 7654463)
Todd,
how much better is the flow of the cast iron headers than stock truck, tbss, or Camara manifolds?

Thanks

There's never been any comparative testing done between those various manifolds at Holley, but I can tell you the Hooker manifolds were modeled after (but more tightly tucked to the engine) the geometry of the 2010-up Camaro manifolds and would offer similar performance as them.

reaper71 08-25-2016 09:31 AM

Have a question...I picked up a set of the cast manifolds for a customer job and I am having a heck of a time finding the gasket to fit the s.s flange that comes with the manifolds.
On the website it states 2010 camaro exhaust gasket will fit.
I have ordered 4 different sets and are all the same (center to center on flange is 3 3/4") and the gaskets are 4 3/8" and the round portion that is supposed to fit into the groove on the s.s flange is way bigger.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark.

foamypirate 08-25-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper71 (Post 7693590)
Have a question...I picked up a set of the cast manifolds for a customer job and I am having a heck of a time finding the gasket to fit the s.s flange that comes with the manifolds.
I have ordered 4 different sets and are all the same (center to center on flange is 3 3/4") and the gaskets are 4 3/8" and the round portion that is supposed to fit into the groove on the s.s flange is way bigger.

Thanks Mark.

If you look up the instructions on the Holley website, it has part numbers for the gaskets.

toddoky 08-25-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper71 (Post 7693590)

Thanks Mark.

The GM manifold outlet gasket referenced in the instructions is part number 92202326, is that the gasket you've ordered/received?

reaper71 08-26-2016 09:34 AM

Thanks for the reply...

No I have not ordered that one yet (GM#) these were from the local parts house Ill give them a try.

Mark...

ccrane0044 12-11-2016 11:05 PM

Can anyone confirm if the Headers sold in the kit hang below the frame rails? In the pictures it looks pretty close but hard to say for sure. If they do hang lower is there any fitment issues with using other brands of shorties or midlength headers hitting the mounts at all?

toddoky 12-11-2016 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccrane0044 (Post 7793673)
Can anyone confirm if the Headers sold in the kit hang below the frame rails? In the pictures it looks pretty close but hard to say for sure. If they do hang lower is there any fitment issues with using other brands of shorties or midlength headers hitting the mounts at all?

The headers do not drop below the bottom of the frame at all. I can't say if any other headers will fit with the Hooker engine brackets.

ccrane0044 12-11-2016 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddoky (Post 7793698)
The headers do not drop below the bottom of the frame at all. I can't say if any other headers will fit with the Hooker engine brackets.

Now that's what I call service! Awesome, Thanks a lot.

As for the engine brackets I don't think I was clear on what I mean't, Sorry. I was referring to the engine mounts that are sold in the 2334K1 Kit.

toddoky 12-12-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccrane0044 (Post 7793710)
Now that's what I call service! Awesome, Thanks a lot.

As for the engine brackets I don't think I was clear on what I mean't, Sorry. I was referring to the engine mounts that are sold in the 2334K1 Kit.

That kit number you posted is something the Jeg's packages and sells on its own, but going off of the image of the components on their website, they are the Hooker GM truck engine mounts (12621HKR) I had in mind when I gave my answer as to the fitment of non-Hooker headers.

SC_Titan 01-30-2017 09:26 PM

Any more info on the dual tank setup on the red truck?

wondering if an 87+ blazer tank will work with the 3in exhaust.

toddoky 01-30-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC_Titan (Post 7843450)
Any more info on the dual tank setup on the red truck?

wondering if an 87+ blazer tank will work with the 3in exhaust.

The tanks are stock, but I'm not sure what other parts the rest of the fuel system is comprised of. I can't say whether or not the Blazer tank would be compatible with Hooker exhaust system as it was not evaluated for compatibility during development of the whole system.
Posted via Mobile Device

toddoky 02-02-2017 12:38 PM

I've not posted any new information in this thread in a while and thought I'd share some new Holley accessory drive options that apply to this application.

Holley has recently released a new accessory drive system that shares the same component configuration as the 4th-gen F-body FEAD. This set-up is capable of being installed at both the F-body and truck offsets with the parts contained in the packaging; installation at the Corvette-offset is not possible.

A very cool feature of this set-up is it allows the user to install the small or large truck type alternators as you can see in the attached photos.

The new Holley low-mount A/C compressor bracket for the Sanden SD7B10 also shown in the photos has the capability of being installed at the Corvette, F-body or truck offsets, depending on the vehicle application and the specific engine swap brackets being used.

For those of you using the Hooker 12612HKR 73-87 GM truck brackets, the A/C compressor bracket can be installed at the F-body and truck offsets without have to cut or modify anything.

The parts shown in the photos were painted black by the vehicle owner and are not available from Holley in that finish; all production components are bare aluminum.[IMG]http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...psvb9hn5af.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps0iqpntgx.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...psj4dqz8zv.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...psbc0k5o7e.jpg[/IMG].

SC_Titan 02-20-2017 03:28 PM

Hope to have my LY6 6.0 on a test stand soon. Where is everybody ordering the Holley parts from? Haven't really found the swap parts cheaper than holley.com??

sprint_9 02-20-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddoky (Post 7846223)
The new Holley low-mount A/C compressor bracket for the Sanden SD7B10 also shown in the photos has the capability of being installed at the Corvette, F-body or truck offsets, depending on the vehicle application and the specific engine swap brackets being used.

Any idea as to when the AC bracket will ship? I pre-ordered a month ago and the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back to maintain a two week gap to the present day.

toddoky 02-20-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_9 (Post 7864622)
Any idea as to when the AC bracket will ship? I pre-ordered a month ago and the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back to maintain a two week gap to the present day.

I don't have any idea personally as I'm not involved with the development of those particular products.
Posted via Mobile Device

Advanced Design 05-14-2018 01:25 PM

Todd,

While I remember you posting somewhere (ls1tech maybe) you had developed the mounts for the LT power train in the 73 - 87 trucks, I have been struggling to find them on the Holley website. There is no reference to the LT in the products section.

Would you be able to provide a link or part numbers?

Thank you!

toddoky 05-14-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 8260960)
Todd,

While I remember you posting somewhere (ls1tech maybe) you had developed the mounts for the LT power train in the 73 - 87 trucks, I have been struggling to find them on the Holley website. There is no reference to the LT in the products section.

Would you be able to provide a link or part numbers?

Thank you!

Hello Doug. Holley has not designed LT swap engine brackets for the 73-87 GM truck applications at this time, only LS swap engine brackets.

Advanced Design 05-14-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddoky (Post 8261020)
Hello Doug. Holley has not designed LT swap engine brackets for the 73-87 GM truck applications at this time, only LS swap engine brackets.

OK, thank you Todd. That explains why I can’t find them. It must have been another application. Really appreciate your quick response.

Are they on your “To Do” list? I was thinking they had been developed based on post 79 in 87Chevy.com LT swap...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=712571&page=4

Also, the Holley mid mount accessory drive system is on my purchase list for my 48 Burb. Really appreciate the product support you guys are providing!

Misled 07-23-2018 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by toddoky (Post 7610286)
No, there's no particular PS hoses called out in the instructions of any of the components...the lab tech who does all the final assembly of our swap projects normally makes custom hoses using Aeroquip fittings and hose.

This is what I put together using stock lines.....

Roaddogg 11-12-2019 09:19 PM

Does anyone know if the Holley engine mounts and crossmember will work for a 6l90e transmission on a 2wd C10 with low hump?