The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486894)

MisterC 08-20-2015 11:45 AM

Re: MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread

2 Attachment(s)
I've been getting a couple of hours each night to work on the truck. Amazing how fast the time goes. Oh well, any progress is good.

I managed to get the old tank mounts ground down to where I wanted them and filled all of the extra holes in the floor pan. Then, I was able to start laying the FatMat rattletrap sound deadener.

I removed the frame rivets that I needed and got the Boyd tank mocked up to it's final location. I'll get some more help this weekend and get the tank and trailer hitch mounted.

Jcox68rt 08-24-2015 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Subscribed! This is a *****in build, and perfect truck to start with. I bought my truck from a guy in Corcoran who had picked it up last year from Visalia. I wonder if any of your buddies over there will recognize it? I'm originally from Exeter but live on the central coast now.

MisterC 08-24-2015 10:09 PM

It doesn't look familar, J, but I see so many around here. Thanks for the kind words. We go over to SLO frequently as my daughter lives there. I'll have to drop by and check out your truck next time I'm in the area.

Jcox68rt 08-25-2015 12:32 AM

Yes please do, come on by anytime. PM me I'm home a lot with my work schedule. I've been cutting out a lot of rust lately. Thought it would take me 3 days I'm on week 2. Haha! It might have been a farm truck back in the day... Being from the valley I would have expected it to have a lot less rust.

MisterC 02-29-2016 01:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Made some great progress this weekend. Finished up the rattletrap install and got the new Trim Parts carpet laid in. Had to order some bolts and such so it will be another week before the interior is buttoned up.

Also, managed to get the tank and hitched mocked up together and final mounting holes marked. Need to get the lines run later this week.

LostMy65 04-30-2021 11:49 PM

Hey, got any recent pics and/or updates?

MisterC 05-01-2021 01:22 AM

I do and will post them after the weekend. Not much noticeable progress other than the custom turbine wheels that Detroit Vintage Wheels did for me. Between a divorce, job change and a move to another town, other things have consumed my time. I started working on it again about 3 months ago and I'm making steady progress on getting it running again.

88Stanger 05-01-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterC (Post 8915499)
I do and will post them after the weekend. Not much noticeable progress other than the custom turbine wheels that Detroit Vintage Wheels did for me. Between a divorce, job change and a move to another town, other things have consumed my time. I started working on it again about 3 months ago and I'm making steady progress on getting it running again.

sorry to hear... that stuff is hard to deal with, time and energy intensive, so understandable. Hope things are much better now.