The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Hazel the older Sister.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=351837)

n2billet 10-28-2009 04:37 PM

Re: Hazel the older Sister....

Quote:

Originally Posted by my67chevytruck (Post 3591022)
WTF...... Hope the claim process doesn't drag out tooooo long!!

Just got off the phone with them..........min. 30 days! They wouldn't let me wait 30 days to pay them! :lol:

SCOTI 10-28-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3591045)
Just got off the phone with them..........min. 30 days! They wouldn't let me wait 30 days to pay them! :lol:

Sounds like 'scot-luck' . . .... :lol:

kev2809 10-28-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3591045)
They wouldn't let me wait 30 days to pay them! :lol:

lol.
well that sucks man, i would be on their ass every 3 days checking in on it.

Hart_Rod 10-28-2009 11:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3591010)
Well sorta..... The motor came in but it was damaged during shipping (they dropped it from the truck) now I'm dealing with UPS freight to get my money back so I can order another one so technically yes, I do have all my parts. ;)

Did your's look something like this? This was the first engine for my 69 Burb. I had it delivered to my buddy's shop and it arrived when I was out of town. It was all wrapped in black plastic and you really couldn't tell what was wrong until he had the driver take it everything off. Some how or another they had broken a couple of bands during the shipping process. Luckily my buddy called me and I told him not to accept it and told them to send it back to the shipper. The company I bought it from sent me another one but I'm not sure what would have happened had we accepted it and then unwrapped it after the driver left....:waah:...

EDIT: OBTW, this motor and tranny only had 20 miles on them.....:(.

n2billet 10-29-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev2809 (Post 3591767)
lol.
well that sucks man, i would be on their ass every 3 days checking in on it.

I was thinking more like everyday.......I have his direct number now so where going to get to be good buddies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 3591895)
Did your's look something like this? This was the first engine for my 69 Burb. I had it delivered to my buddy's shop and it arrived when I was out of town. It was all wrapped in black plastic and you really couldn't tell what was wrong until he had the driver take it everything off. Some how or another they had broken a couple of bands during the shipping process. Luckily my buddy called me and I told him not to accept it and told them to send it back to the shipper. The company I bought it from sent me another one but I'm not sure what would have happened had we accepted it and then unwrapped it after the driver left....:waah:...

EDIT: OBTW, this motor and tranny only had 20 miles on them.....:(.

Mine came still in the crate but the wood was a little messed up on one end but nothing that would make you think the motor was damaged. After looking closer at it they move the protective paper under the plastic to cover the damage and they did a little crate repair. It basically landed on the drivers side valve cover; you can see every rocker arm in great detail. :lol: I was told to leave it as is by the investigator that came to the house and took the pictures but I really would like to see what’s under that pancaked valve cover.

Ricks' 72C10 10-29-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3592099)
I was thinking more like everyday.......I have his direct number now so where going to get to be good buddies!

Mine came still in the crate but the wood was a little messed up on one end but nothing that would make you think the motor was damaged. After looking closer at it they move the protective paper under the plastic to cover the damage and they did a little crate repair. It basically landed on the drivers side valve cover; you can see every rocker arm in great detail. :lol: I was told to leave it as is by the investigator that came to the house and took the pictures but I really would like to see what’s under that pancaked valve cover.

Excellent work on your projects, love "Break point" and "Hazel"

Where are you guys finding these low mileage LS eng & trans packages to order? Bummer deal about the shipping problems, good luck on that.

Hart_Rod 10-29-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricks' 72C10 (Post 3592518)
Where are you guys finding these low mileage LS eng & trans packages to order?

I got mine from Schramm's Auto Salvage out of Ohio...

ChuckDriver 10-29-2009 01:28 PM

Definetly one to watch!

n2billet 11-01-2009 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well since I don't have a motor to assemble and paint I finished lowering the seat brackets and made a mount for my air management. I made it to mount under the seat so it will be easy to reach.

lolife99 11-01-2009 08:46 PM

Cool looking controller mount!

djw32 11-02-2009 01:33 AM

That mount looks sweet!

CheyenneShop 11-02-2009 01:44 AM

Bad A$$ bro:metal:

98L150 11-02-2009 11:17 AM

very nice keith

kev2809 11-02-2009 11:42 AM

thats nice man. so it stays under the seat or it bolts under the seat and comes out and in front?

67cheby 11-02-2009 11:58 AM

That is awesome , i am thinking about mounting mine in the storage compartment in the buddy buckets, i have the remote to use on my keychain , but if i had those kind of metal working skills i would probably whip up something like that ....

n2billet 11-02-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev2809 (Post 3598689)
thats nice man. so it stays under the seat or it bolts under the seat and comes out and in front?

It bolts to the bottom of the seat, right in the middle (out front). I'll get a picture of it next weekend when I'm back at the shop.

my67chevytruck 11-02-2009 01:54 PM

looking good keith!

72BlckButy 11-03-2009 09:16 AM

Awesome work Keith, can't wait to see how this is going to mount.

powell72 11-20-2009 03:40 PM

Hey Keith, just wanted to congratulate you on the feature on your Rambler in the Feb '10 issue of Rod & Custom, looking good. Now how about an update on the truck?:D

72BlckButy 11-20-2009 03:51 PM

Thanks Chris, there's another mag I need to look for at the store. Congrats on the feature Keith!

n2billet 11-20-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powell72 (Post 3630463)
Hey Keith, just wanted to congratulate you on the feature on your Rambler in the Feb '10 issue of Rod & Custom, looking good. Now how about an update on the truck?:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 3630480)
Thanks Chris, there's another mag I need to look for at the store. Congrats on the feature Keith!

Thanks Guys........

I'll have some updates in a week or two.......nothing really worth showing right now. ;)

n2billet 11-21-2009 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a little done today, I made a top mount for the Aluminum radiator that I'm going to use and I also brought out my motor so I can start mocking it up. I worked on another item but that's hush hush because it may look like crap and end up in the trash.

VA72C10 11-22-2009 09:29 PM

Very nice rad mount. I am planning a custom one for mine and hadn't considered capping the actual entire top of the radiator, but that is a very nice and clean look.

PBFAB.COM 11-23-2009 10:23 PM

I had a dream about this truck laying on the ground. Too bad it's destined for a "mild" drop. :waah:

n2billet 11-23-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porterbuilt (Post 3635808)
I had a dream about this truck laying on the ground. Too bad it's destined for a "mild" drop. :waah:

About 50 percent of it is laying on the ground, the work bench and all over the shop!;)