The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=384900)

regan wilson 04-07-2022 10:20 PM

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 9063304)
regan where are you? any updates?

I'm in Baytown at Houston Raceway Park. This will be our last NHRA Lucas Oil Divisional here before the track closes. If anyone wants to watch online it will be on NHRAracer.TV. In two weeks we will be back here for the last National Event here. It's sad because as big as Texas is we are running out of race tracks. Thanks for asking Liz.

mongocanfly 04-07-2022 10:23 PM

I'll try to watch...!

Liz 04-07-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 9063361)
I'm in Baytown at Houston Raceway Park. This will be our last NHRA Lucas Oil Divisional here before the track closes. If anyone wants to watch online it will be on NHRAracer.TV. In two weeks we will be back here for the last National Event here. It's sad because as big as Texas is we are running out of race tracks. Thanks for asking Liz.

Awesome!

SCOTI 04-08-2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 9063361)

It is sad. Tracks keep getting shut down for suburban growth or warehousing districts.
I remember when they did SuperChevy shows @ Baytown. We went to a few of them as well as race events.

regan wilson 04-11-2022 09:01 AM

Well I screwed up second round. I haven't been good on the tree the last two races. Coming off of two .020's and one .022 light I rolled .008 out of the delay box shooting for a .010 to .012. I was fighting the sixty foot also. I have been able to predict loss of 60 ft ET morning to afternoon but not this past weekend. If I had been perfect on the tree my opponent would have been hard to beat. My 60 ft fell of 5 hun more second round. I should have been 10.87 to .88 on this pass with room to scrub ET at the finish line.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...w/IMG_0470.PNG

mongocanfly 04-11-2022 05:13 PM

That guy wuz tuff.!

regan wilson 04-12-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 9065234)
That guy wuz tuff.!

Yes he was. He is an accomplished young driver. If only I had rolled .008 in I would have had him by .001 at the stripe. Shoulda coulda woulda

djracer 04-19-2022 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 9065548)
Yes he was. He is an accomplished young driver. If only I had rolled .008 in I would have had him by .001 at the stripe. Shoulda coulda woulda

Hinesite is 20/20

regan wilson 05-05-2022 07:19 AM

I haven't posted in awhile because I'm dealing with internet issues or the lack of.
Two weeks ago at the Houston National Event I had a couple of good time trials on Friday. First pass I was .001 on the tree and 10.94. Second pass I was .007 on the tree and 10.906. I felt pretty good going into first round Saturday morning. Unfortunately I slipped to a .029 reaction time first round. The young lady I was racing had the best package of the round with a .005 light and 10.907. I was toast and couldn't even be mad about it LOL. I'm currently getting ready for our Double Divisional at the Texas Motorplex on May 19th.

Liz 05-05-2022 11:10 AM

Was thinking about you this weekend. My (our) girls went to the 4 lane at zmax Sat and Sun to watch J's friend Bill run. Great time

regan wilson 05-10-2022 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 9075502)
Was thinking about you this weekend. My (our) girls went to the 4 lane at zmax Sat and Sun to watch J's friend Bill run. Great time

I had a few friends at that race. All but one went out first round in Super Street. My friend Tony Jones went to third or fourth round. He drives a really nice yellow 67 Camaro.

regan wilson 05-24-2022 06:25 PM

Well I had my third and fourth race this past weekend at the Tx Motorplex in Ennis, Tx. I arrived on Wednesday morning and attempted to run the test session. I made one pass and everything seemed ok. I went up to make another pass and had to shut it off about 300ft out. I can't believe this tank rolled all the way to the first turnout lol. I was by myself with no help at the time. So I'm sitting there wondering what the hell is wrong. I decide to fire it up. It wasn't making any noise for say. So I drove back to the trailer. It sounded ok idling but sounded like crap revving it. I pulled the right valve cover first looking at valve springs and such. Just the normal WTH is going on routine.
I didn't really see anything so I started checking valve lash on that side. When I got to the #4 intake rocker it just flopped up. There was no pushrod to be found. Ol' Ken was getting ready to head out to come to the track. I had to tell him (Wait for me! I can't find my pushrod). I pulled the drivers side valve cover and found the #4 intake pushrod on the other bank next the #3 pushrod. I got it fixed but ran out of time to make another pass.

regan wilson 05-24-2022 06:33 PM

I made it to the third round of the first race but lost by giving up the stripe unintentionally. We got one time run on Saturday and were supposed to get two. They changed the schedule due to incoming weather. We ran first round of the second race around 2pm Saturday. I screwed that one up bad. I flinched and was .042 on the red side. We may be in Tulsa, Ok in a few weeks I just don't know right now. Fuel prices are killing all of us.

mongocanfly 05-24-2022 06:49 PM

Sounds like my luck...lawn mower started running ruff...like bad ruff.. pulled valve cover..one bent pushrod and the other broke,
These fuel prices are sure crazy.. sure puts a damper on extra curricular activities

SCOTI 05-24-2022 07:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 9083102)
I made it to the third round of the first race but lost by giving up the stripe unintentionally. We got one time run on Saturday and were supposed to get two. They changed the schedule due to incoming weather. We ran first round of the second race around 2pm Saturday. I screwed that one up bad. I flinched and was .042 on the red side. We may be in Tulsa, Ok in a few weeks I just don't know right now. Fuel prices are killing all of us.

I was there & was frustrated for you on that one..... I watched them finish the round & when I made it over to your trailer you were rolling out.

The weather definitely screwed everyone schedule wise. I'm not sure if it even rained out there @ all (it didn't in Dallas).

BTW.... That staging pic was awesome until that lady walked into it :rolleyes:

regan wilson 05-24-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 9083106)
Sounds like my luck...lawn mower started running ruff...like bad ruff.. pulled valve cover..one bent pushrod and the other broke,
These fuel prices are sure crazy.. sure puts a damper on extra curricular activities

When a lawnmower breaks. That’s just a good excuse for me not to mow. Lol

regan wilson 05-24-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 9083134)
When a lawnmower breaks. That’s just a good excuse for me not to mow. Lol

Dang man I thought about you possibly being there. The Boss told me to load up and outrun the storm. I wish I had known you were there. Those are good pics too. Thanks

SCOTI 05-24-2022 09:25 PM

No worries. Figured that was the exact plan (get out & beat the storm).

regan wilson 06-08-2022 08:22 AM

Well it's Tulsa time again. I'll be there this weekend for my 5th Divisional of the year. I have referred to it as "The Track That Hates Me". Maybe it will be nice to me this time. I didn't do too bad there last year. And everything came home in one piece.

SCOTI 06-08-2022 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 9088614)
Well it's Tulsa time again. I'll be there this weekend for my 5th Divisional of the year. I have referred to it as "The Track That Hates Me". Maybe it will be nice to me this time. I didn't do too bad there last year. And everything came home in one piece.

Perseverance pays off. Hopefully you're treated right because of that!

aggie91 06-08-2022 05:03 PM

Hoping for the best for you and the truck!

regan wilson 06-09-2022 07:55 AM

Thanks guys. I'll post links to the video stream this weekend.

regan wilson 06-11-2022 09:00 AM

We had a lot of rain Thursday night. We also were without power most of yesterday due to a lightning strike to a transformer. When they finally got the power back up they had to work on everything that blew up. I didn't even unload the truck. They had a track operated TNT yesterday evening but I didn't run. We have 3 time trials today and first round in the morning. This is the link to todays youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccuDFM2Xf5k

regan wilson 06-13-2022 05:23 AM

Well I almost brought home another Wally this weekend. It was a tough three days. Lightning struck a transformer early Friday morning. It not only knocked out the power to the track. It also fried a bunch of equipment at the same time. It was late Friday afternoon before they got everything up and running. They had a track held TNT that evening but I didn't participate. We got three official three official time trials Saturday and started the race first thing Sunday morning. I was the last loser yesterday to Joe Lytle. The heat index was only 112 to 115 yesterday so it was a miserable SOB all day. Even though it's been 2009 since my last final round it's really only been four full seasons since my last. This was decidedly a do or die race for me due to fuel prices etc. I had made my mind up that if I didn't do good enough here I was done for the year. I have three out of Division races I can make for points I will most likely just make the Double Divisional in Topeka the last week of July. It's really not feasable to run anything else due to the miles.

mongocanfly 06-13-2022 08:53 PM

These sucky gas prices are killing everything...
But I'm still amazed at all the people running up and down the road..like gas was a dollar a gallon
My plant job is on the local river bank..boats running all day..
They must have some deep pocketa