The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   GMC Pauls vs Brother's (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=589266)

Mudflat 08-10-2018 05:37 PM

Re: GMC Pauls vs Brother's

Sick you are not alone. After reading these great reviews i checked out his website and had same experience as you.

68is4me 08-10-2018 05:48 PM

Their web site is kind of clunky and can be hard to find stuff. If you don't find it email them they respond very quickly. I have had good luck with GMC pauls.

Red71gmc 08-10-2018 10:01 PM

Their web site is clunky and as a small business owner I understand that. I was so glad to find a supplier in Indiana and did email them about a sway bar. I didn't get a reply so I ordered one from Brothers since I could call them and ask questions.
Reading about how good Gmc Paul's parts are I wish I did get a reply because I definitely wasn't impressed with the one I got. I will try again as I know it is not easy being a small guy in a monsoon of big glamour.

MACO 08-11-2018 02:09 AM

I ordered a lot of parts last winter from Brothers when they were on sale. For the most part everything was ok quality. They did send me an A/C hose that was incorrectly marked 67-72 when it was actually for a 73 and up. I emailed them pictures of the hose that was clearly wrong and miss labeled. No response. I still have the hose and will give it to someone who needs it, not worth the hassle of sending back. I was also surprised that a shop specializing in trucks did not notice the hose was wrong when filling the order. I use Classic Auto Air for all my A/C stuff now. I would pay double for parts that were of superior OEM quality, I just don't have time to mess around with crap parts. There is also the issue for me of limited places to buy from as not all suppliers want to ship to Canada.

mike16 08-11-2018 02:42 AM

the deal with the canadian issue is not limited just to repro truck parts. I 've delt with other stuff trying to send it to Canada and its a pain either way.

tim71 08-11-2018 01:33 PM

My experience with GMCPauls is their products are as good or mostly better than their competitors, and there service and shipping is way better.

plowro8 09-22-2018 08:23 AM

Don't really have a problem with Brothers or GMC Pauls, however, after reading so much about GMC Paul on this thread, I paid waaaay too much for a grill for a 72, thinking that it would be of some super-high quality compared to others... Got a big, flimsy thing made in Taiwan and paid over $100 for shipping, even though I am right here in Indiana. Could have gotten the grill paid for and shipped for $100+ cheaper from Classic Parts or Brothers, but went with what I assumed would be superior. Oh well... live and learn

wesmigletz 09-23-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72K5CSTDarkOlive (Post 6713999)
I made my first order from GMCPauls and so far I'm really happy with the quality and service.

Poly Gas tank - wow this thing is light. Came with new sending units and brackets.

Have you installed the Blazer gas tank yet? If so, did you have to modify the filler neck to fit?

NC_John 09-23-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowro8 (Post 8349296)
Don't really have a problem with Brothers or GMC Pauls, however, after reading so much about GMC Paul on this thread, I paid waaaay too much for a grill for a 72, thinking that it would be of some super-high quality compared to others... Got a big, flimsy thing made in Taiwan and paid over $100 for shipping, even though I am right here in Indiana. Could have gotten the grill paid for and shipped for $100+ cheaper from Classic Parts or Brothers, but went with what I assumed would be superior. Oh well... live and learn

Same experience here with a bumper. They sent me the same chinese made junk everybody else had and when I had a problem with it they said "you installed it wrong" (said I overtightened it but couldn't give a torque spec to back up their claim). They are very overrated in my opinion/experience.

aerotest 09-23-2018 06:40 PM

Corrected.

YBNORML 09-23-2018 07:33 PM

Last i checked GMCPauls won't ship to Canada, so i'll have to go with Brothers on this one. I have ordered form multiple companies and purchased from several stateside board members without any issues. its not like we are overseas or something like that.

pappy 2 09-28-2018 04:39 PM

I can now respond to this thread. 3 wks. after ordering the 1 pc. window kit, I finally have all the order. BELIVE it or not the original shipment was missing the 2 pcs. glass. After 3-4 phone calls and sending pictures of ???missing glass??? I have finally rec. the glass. I doubt this would have happened had I not filed a claim with Pay-Pal. Only then did I receive a phone call from a supervisor. Before filing the Pay-Pal claim I don't think my issue was all that important to Brothers Trucks.

I will not be making any future purchases from, or recommending Brothers Trucks to anyone.

sick472 10-16-2018 02:41 PM

I received the replacement parts that Brother's promised and the battery tray was bent in the same fashion, but not as bad so I bent it back and called it good. The linkage bracket showed up rusted again...I sand blasted it and painted it. Brother's will be my last resort from now on. I can't say that they don't serve a purpose, but unless they are the only vendor for a specific part, I'll spend my money and, hopefully, less time with GMCPauls or WES.

bondo510 01-31-2019 05:02 AM

Brothers problem is they have things shown on the site and when you get your order from them you always end up missing a item. The site needs to show out of stock. They gave me the run around since last october on a part. They told me they would call back with more info and they never did. I called today and cancelled it. I have had great luck with my orders from GMC pauls .