The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Not another build thread! Progress on my '67 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=192693)

67ChevyRedneck 08-06-2006 11:32 PM

Re: Not another build thread! Progress on my '67

3 Attachment(s)
I figure I have another good day or so into the rear fenders and I'm going to prime the hell out of them and sand em back down. They should look ok? The tailgate and steps are almost ready for paint....it's comming along!

Then I open up the doors and see this:(

The plans for the interior are: Get the truck running/painted and to GREENVILLE! Tape everything off and finish spray-canning the doors and jams royal blue. I have new carpet, real nice door panels and a few other pieces to finish it up, but that will be absoluetely last on the list! I was hoping to take 'er up to charlotte in september... looks like it won't make it until next spring!

ThatOneBlue67 08-06-2006 11:57 PM

It looks to me like you do real good metalwork there and, hey, sometimes you just gotta kick the bucket and cut corners. Anywaym lookin' forward to seeing the old girl with her fenders back on.

Tynee 08-07-2006 12:03 AM

I'm impressed with how you've stuck with it for the duration of this project to this point. It makes you feel a little less sympathetic to the guys who have a garage full of tools and projects in their back yard and can't keep motivated/keep losing interest, doesn't it?

When I finally get started on mine, I'll be reading through your thread at the end of a long hard day of working on the truck just to keep my juices flowing.

Palf70Step 08-07-2006 05:24 AM

Looking good. I think yours will still make the road before mine ;)

ChevyDude 08-07-2006 10:24 AM

You have done a heck of a job!!!! Your truck looks awesome and done right at home! Fantasic...I am just nuts about the 67-68' front...when I finish my 71' or maybe even before...a 67-68' is and just has to be, in the cards!

67ChevyRedneck 09-04-2006 11:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It's been a little while, so it's time for an update! I started the long weekend off by painting the backside of the tailgate and the "steps." I then painted all of the brackets, the backside of the bumper, and the backside of the "steps."

67ChevyRedneck 09-04-2006 11:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I got the rear bumper put on too. It was a bit of a pain. Apparently my bed was about an inch too low??? I don't know how that happened? So with my redneck shimming skills I was able to raise the bed high enough to get the rear bumper brackets in place. Now that the bed is raised it does look better, the steps match the bottom cab line better.

67ChevyRedneck 09-04-2006 11:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
After staring at the shiney stuff for a while I got the steps on the truck. Kinda funny, but I think the steps are the best looking thing that I've painted for the truck so far :lol: I guess I'm getting better?

67ChevyRedneck 09-04-2006 11:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I also spent way too much time (again) on these here back fenders.

67ChevyRedneck 09-04-2006 11:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After a lot of sanding, hand sanding, more sanding, cussing at the skeeters, and more sanding.... they finally look like this:metal:

There's still more to do. I laid this primer on THICK. I think I put about 1/4" of primer on :lol: Now that they're in primer I can see the "bad spots" better and I'll fix 'em next weekend and finally have some paint on the suckers.

67ChevyRedneck 09-04-2006 11:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The last thing I did this weekend (after helping to pressure wash a house :crazy: was get the sway bar kit installed. What's up with the grease that comes with the ECE kit? That stuff is nasty sticky. The kit was SUPER easy to install, and I would have had it installed in under an hour if one of the rivets in the frame didn't decided to be a PI the A. I ended up having to drill almost all the way through it :banghead: Well, even so, about an hour and a half after starting I had a sway bar!

67ChevyRedneck 09-04-2006 11:56 PM

More to come next weekend :)

smbrouss70 09-05-2006 01:37 AM

Looking good! Can't wait to see it finished, I just brought a stepside bed home this weekend, and I'm thinking I want to go with just a little darker shade of blue than you have. But seeing yours painted may be close enough to help me decide for sure.

byrd 09-05-2006 08:18 AM

Good Job, looking great, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

boundstaffpress 09-05-2006 09:18 AM

Looks great. It's really starting to come together.

67ChevyRedneck 09-07-2006 08:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The rims came IN!!!!

Tynee 09-07-2006 09:15 AM

SWEET!! they look great. Can't wait to see 'em on the truck.

67chevemall 09-07-2006 11:45 AM

Oh you lucky dogg!!!!!!!

Man I need another job maybe two more........

67ChevyRedneck 09-07-2006 12:17 PM

Don't be jealous. I've been "broke" since February. I FINALLY paid off the credit card I bought all the parts on just this month! (It was zero % int. until Nov.) All I have left to buy is the tranny and I should be able to pay cash for that and buy the tires (I have a lot of overtime I'm going to "cash out" this month.) If I didn't have to drive to columbia to work on the truck I'd probably have about $700 more to spend on the truck, but I had to spend it on gas to get there.

timcos 09-07-2006 01:12 PM

You can make 1000 a month part time delivering pizzas.

Palf70Step 09-07-2006 09:22 PM

Wheels look great. That puppy will be suckin down the gas regularly before you know it :D

67ChevyRedneck 09-10-2006 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by timcos (Post 1799721)
You can make 1000 a month part time delivering pizzas.

With the mileage my Z71 gets I highly doubt my "profit" after fuel would be that high :lol:

First off, I'd like to say thank you to those who guided me in the right direction on my bumper. With the brackets in the correct position I was able to lower the bed back down (it was too high once the bumper was lowered) to where it should be!!! THANKS GUYS! Who would have thought the brackets were SUPPOSED to be crooked (see pics.) My truck formerly had 73-87 modified cut up brackets made to fit.

With that taken care off.... I was in columbia for the second week in a row with one thing in mind.... FINISH THE PAINT WORK BECUASE I'M SICK OF PAINTING THIS DAMN TRUCK :lol: :lol: :lol:

67ChevyRedneck 09-10-2006 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I didn't feel like working yet and I really wanted to see what my truck would look like with the "new" rims on it.... so I tried on the new shoes. I freaked out at first because without rubber on the rims it looked like they were going to hit the bedsides, but with a tape measure and level I determined there is a full 2" between the rim and bed :) The rims look small, but they are 15x8's and they are going to get 235/75/R15 tires.

I know you shouldn't leave a truck set on a jack, but I was far away from it and with no fender on to whack me in the head, I felt safe :crazy:

67ChevyRedneck 09-10-2006 07:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I spent some time on the taillight brackets and the fuel filler door to get them ready to go on the truck. The taillight brackets looked pretty good on the truck, everything was primed before paint. The white looking things are the reverse light buckets.

67ChevyRedneck 09-10-2006 07:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The work on tailgate took a few days to complete. I got it prepped for paint fiday night, painted it early saturday morning, then got the letters on it saturday evening. I also sprayed a bedliner on the backside. I left the top and bottom exposed on purpose (this truck will never haul anything anyway). Once the truck is back to G-ville, I'll do the entire inside of the bed just like the tailgate (the whole inside of the bedsides (but not the top rails) and the floor will be sanded and stained.) I got the gate on the truck after painting and greasing the tailgate round mounting thingys (yup, thats a technical term!)