The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Snowbound Entertainment (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=818571)

67C10Step 02-18-2021 08:02 PM

Snowbound Entertainment

1 Attachment(s)
I am fortunate in that I work out of a home based office all the time so the 10.5" of snow this week in Central Arkansas has affected me but not stopped me from working.

However, since I wasn't out travelling to customers I have been playing around with the 3D printer.

'63GENIII 02-18-2021 08:51 PM

Re: Snowbound Entertainment

That is ridiculously cool! Imaginative too!

FleetsidePaul 02-19-2021 01:29 AM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...er-snowman.jpg

Redneck Rydes 02-19-2021 04:47 AM

My kind of drinking buddy,no arguments!

Palf70Step 02-19-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8882344)

Calvin has grown up. Hobbes must be at home near the fire. :lol:

yuccales 02-19-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8882197)
However, since I wasn't out travelling to customers I have been playing around with the 3D printer.

Very cool. You need to do one with him holding your stepper above his head. (to scale of course)

67C10Step 02-19-2021 09:19 AM

Fleetside - that's funny. I like it.

yuccales - Now you got me thinking. I got work to get done this morning but the afternoon may open up.......

Boog 02-19-2021 12:26 PM

Well I'm "entertaining" the idea of thawing a couple of our trucks this afternoon. ;)

Ol Blue K20 02-19-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8882438)
Well I'm "entertaining" the idea of thawing a couple of our trucks this afternoon. ;)

At least you're just "entertaining " the idea.......:lol:

FleetsidePaul 02-19-2021 02:32 PM

I'm entertaining the thought of barbecuing up some ribs and emptying some bottles of beer.

Might make some of my world famous tater salad. (Okay it's not world famous but it's good) And some corn on the cob.

Yup. That's my plan and I'm sticking with it.

67C10Step 02-19-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8882507)
I'm entertaining the thought of barbecuing up some ribs and emptying some bottles of beer.

Might make some of my world famous tater salad. (Okay it's not world famous but it's good) And some corn on the cob.

Yup. That's my plan and I'm sticking with it.

Now that's entertainment! 'Bout what time will the vittles be done?

LockDoc 02-19-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8882515)
Now that's entertainment! 'Bout what time will the vittles be done?

Long before you can get there. Unless you happen to be vacationing in the neighborhood....:lol:

LockDoc

Boog 02-19-2021 08:59 PM

I like Paul's plan better than mine.

Steeveedee 02-19-2021 09:13 PM

No snow here, though it's going to dip into the 50s again, tonight. It's going to be lamb loin chops on the grille for dinner. One of my sons will be grilling them. I despise cooking, and especially the clean-up, after. It's great having a mechanical dishwasher!

LS short box 02-19-2021 10:50 PM

A number years ago when it was -40 air temp here we would take a glass of water and throw it into the air and it would turn to snow dust. But a cooler thing was taking the kids blow bubble bottle and blow bubbles. They would freeze instantly and you could catch them and stack them.
Then go in and have a hot toddy.

Gotenntitans 02-19-2021 11:02 PM

We have had around 14” of snow, but luckily no power outages where I’m at. I found a chocolate cookie recipe that I made last week......just made my third batch tonight. They’re easy, good, and they go quick!
https://i.ibb.co/FVPymXV/899-EDB78-3...8-E3-DAE50.jpg
Best Chocolate Cookies recipe:
In one bowl, with an electric mixer, beat 2 1/2 sticks real butter (softened), 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla, and 2 cups white granulated sugar until smooth & creamy. In another bowl, mix 2 cups all purpose flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda until all combined. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until it forms a big brownie type dough ball. *Sometimes I add chopped pecans*. Chill dough for about an hour, then make little walnut size balls out of the dough, roll in more white granulated sugar, & bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before removing from cookie sheet. Makes around 40 cookies.

They’re good!

LockDoc 02-19-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8882769)
We have had around 14” of snow, but luckily no power outages where I’m at. I found a chocolate cookie recipe that I made last week......just made my third batch tonight. They’re easy, good, and they go quick!

Best Chocolate Cookies recipe:
In one bowl, with an electric mixer, beat 2 1/2 sticks real butter (softened), 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla, and 2 cups white granulated sugar until smooth & creamy. In another bowl, mix 2 cups all purpose flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda until all combines. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until it forms a big brownie type dough ball. *Sometimes I add chopped pecans*. Chill dough for about an hour, then make little walnut size balls out of the dough, roll in more white granulated sugar, & bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before removing from cookie sheet. Makes around 40 cookies.

They’re good!

Looks good. Copied and pasted to computer. I have a few Chocolate Waffle cookies to finish off first then I will try them.

Chocolate Waffle Cookies

¾ C. sugar
1 C. all purpose flour
½ C. butter or margarine, melted
4 ½ t. baking cocoa
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla

In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to sugar mixture. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into each section of a preheated waffle iron. (Med High). ** I baked 2 ½ - 3 minutes, no longer. Remove carefully; cool on wire racks. Spread with powdered sugar frosting.
Yield: about 2 dozen

Frosting:

2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Kahlua (or 2) :)
Add Milk to get correct consistency if needed
(If you don't use the Kahlua add 1 teaspoon good vanilla)

LockDoc

Andy4639 02-20-2021 12:51 AM

Quote:

I am fortunate in that I work out of a home based office all the time so the 10.5" of snow this week in Central Arkansas has affected me but not stopped me from working.

If you don't mind me asking. What 3d printer do you have? What is a general cost to get started with one. I'd like to build some parts. :chevy:

LT7A 02-20-2021 02:01 AM

Thanks for the recipes fellas. I do a little baking my own self now and again. Holler if you want me to post up my 'not so bad for you' cookie recipe. It's based on the toll house recipe.

ChevyRacefan 02-20-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

How steep of a learning curve is the software for the 3d printers.
Still on the fence. But seems like a nice way to make custom parts.

67C10Step 02-20-2021 11:21 AM

The machine I am using is a Creality Ender 3. Pretty inexpensive hobby unit and they are typically about $200. The material I am using is PLA (polyactic acid) and is about $20 for a kilogram but it lasts a long time. I also have some softer material but I’m waiting on a different drive setup to feed it reliably.

The software I use to make the files is Cura and can be downloaded for free. It is required to set up the file, scale the size, etc. I don’t have the software to create something from scratch but my son does. I download stuff off the net with a site called Tingiverse being a favorite.

Setting up the bed for level and height is critical and can get frustrating. I watched a few videos and downloaded a print file that made it a lot easier.

Like anything it takes some patience and time but after that it’s pretty neat.

old Rusty C10 02-20-2021 11:41 AM

We have a plowing contract, so for about thirty hours we were going non stop. I have two trucks running, my step son drives the old CUCV squarebody and i have the old municipal 1989 K 2500 I run so we made a killing with those two trucks $70 hour each its white gold for us... and now that its plowed... hope this crap melts real quick

LockDoc 02-20-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8882864)
Thanks for the recipes fellas. I do a little baking my own self now and again. Holler if you want me to post up my 'not so bad for you' cookie recipe. It's based on the toll house recipe.

Sure, Post it up. I Love me some CC cookies.....:gi:

LockDoc

Ol Blue K20 02-21-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockdoc (Post 8883197)
sure, post it up. I love me some cc cookies.....:gi:

Lockdoc

x2

GOPAPA 02-21-2021 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went out and tried mowing the grass couple days ago ,,gave up and went back in the house .

Attachment 2083366