The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   53 Surburban "Family Truckster" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=605484)

youngrodder 01-25-2014 09:20 PM

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Thanks duallyjams.

48 GMC BURB 01-28-2014 10:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 6488308)
Thanks 48 GMC-

It sounds like yours definitely gets used. I have always liked your burb. If I recall correctly you are running an LT1 just like I am in my 48 truck. My friend is trying to drag me to Columbus this yr..

Thanks for stopping in.

Marc

Marc
I did the Burb first now Shannon is helping me on the Pickup ..See Shannon 51 c4 build , that one has the LT1 like yours plus full vett susp.
Columbus is a blast ,more AD Burbs N panels than any show I've been too.

4 your inspiration ..

youngrodder 01-29-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 48 GMC BURB (Post 6496408)
Marc
I did the Burb first now Shannon is helping me on the Pickup ..See Shannon 51 c4 build , that one has the LT1 like yours plus full vett susp.
Columbus is a blast ,more AD Burbs N panels than any show I've been too.

4 your inspiration ..

That's right. I know all about the truck build that Shannon is doing for you. I always enjoy seeing his work/progress on his many builds.

I appreciate the motivation. It's just what I need with over 18" of snow on the ground an sub zero temps....

Marc

xpickup 01-29-2014 11:43 AM

youngrodder, Thank you Marc. Tell me about it. We have had snow on the ground for awhile now and weather in the single digits. I am so ready for spring. We should all meet up in Columbus. I was there a few years ago and it was the best show I was ever at.

Shannon

youngrodder 01-29-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpickup (Post 6497136)
youngrodder, Thank you Marc. Tell me about it. We have had snow on the ground for awhile now and weather in the single digits. I am so ready for spring. We should all meet up in Columbus. I was there a few years ago and it was the best show I was ever at.

Shannon

Yes, but you hardcore, you work outside quite a bit. Yes all of my car buddies are tired of this. One is a plow truck driver and is on the verge of going postal..JK. I will keep you posted if I make it to Columbus. I coach youth football and it interferes with my later summer free time.

Keep up the great progress
Marc

xpickup 01-29-2014 02:03 PM

youngrodder,Thank god for the carhartts. But at least this weekend is going to be a high of 40, way better than the 13 it is now. I would not mind going to Columbus this year but I have to see.

Shannon

youngrodder 02-11-2014 11:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally made it over to my friends hotrod shop. It is called Dutchboys Hotrods. I used there metal brake and bead roller (and their heat) to finalize my floor pans.

Overall happy with how they turned out. I will take some more pics once I start to istall them. I made them out of 18g sheet metal.

Marc

youngrodder 02-11-2014 11:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pics of what is being worked on at Dutchboys. There is currently (6) first gen Camaros being built at one time. My friend Paul (one of the owners of Dutchboys) is building the 2nd gen Camaro. It is full of Detroit Speed goodies.

I know eveyone enjoys pics so here goes.

Marc

youngrodder 02-11-2014 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more..

oldman3 02-12-2014 12:32 AM

Marc, those are some great looking rides going together, nice to have friends in the right places...Jim

Flames97 02-12-2014 01:26 AM

Nice floor pan. And nice pics too, thanks for sharing.

GEARBOXGARAGE 02-12-2014 09:34 AM

They do some nice work, I've been following them on facebook. Floor pans are looking good Marc!

youngrodder 02-12-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 6521537)
Marc, those are some great looking rides going together, nice to have friends in the right places...Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames97 (Post 6521604)
Nice floor pan. And nice pics too, thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEARBOXGARAGE (Post 6521854)
They do some nice work, I've been following them on facebook. Floor pans are looking good Marc!

Thanks guys. It is little progress but once the outside temps improve, I can get out in the garage and install these.

Yes, Dutchboys does great work. Paul's 67 Nova (since been sold) was on the Nov 13 cover of Popular Hotrodding magazine. His 71 Camaro is destined for stardom as well.

Marc

Iceburgh 02-12-2014 09:56 PM

Marc...go to Ocean City in May. I have been to Car Shows all over the country.
Ocean City Md. in May in my book rates only behind Back to the '50s and Frog Follies

xpickup 02-12-2014 10:16 PM

Marc, great job on the floor pan. That shop makes some good looking rides. Thanks for the pictures.

Shannon

youngrodder 02-12-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceburgh (Post 6523016)
Ocean City Md. in May in my book rates only behind Back to the '50s and Frog Follies

Thanks for the tip Jim. I might have to check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpickup (Post 6523052)
Marc, great job on the floor pan. That shop makes some good looking rides. Thanks for the pictures.

Shannon

Thanks Shannon. I appreciate fabrication and they do nice work. It is crazy the amount of work they get done with (4) people. The Camaro might get completed for SEMA. If if does we're making a road trip....

Marc

48 GMC BURB 02-15-2014 08:29 AM

Jim I saw your truck at OC ,you may recognizes the pic in post 102 of my burb & clan. Also I cannot see any pic of your burb ?? If I'm in town for OC this year maybe we could get a bunch of PA & MD AD's together.
KC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceburgh (Post 6523016)

youngrodder 03-09-2014 11:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The weather has been warmer as of late, so I have been working on the suburban some.

Nothing pretty, but I did manage to remove the rear suspension. Boy was that a filthy job. I want to get the floors in before I take the bosy off the frame.

Marc

99 to Life 03-09-2014 11:41 PM

hey atleast you got something knocked off the list. no matter how heavy light clean or dirty, big or small its all gonna need done. spring will bring back my sanity for a while, as will many of us on here.

Flames97 03-10-2014 01:11 AM

It's progress. like said before, that's one more thing done..it all adds up.

oldman3 03-10-2014 10:28 AM

Marc, just think, if those old parts could talk what that would have to say...Jim

Iceburgh 03-10-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 48 GMC BURB (Post 6526848)
Jim I saw your truck at OC ,you may recognizes the pic in post 102 of my burb & clan. Also I cannot see any pic of your burb ?? If I'm in town for OC this year maybe we could get a bunch of PA & MD AD's together.
KC

We can do that...I usually have 3 or 4 other trucks with me.

GEARBOXGARAGE 03-10-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 6566879)
The weather has been warmer as of late, so I have been working on the suburban some.

Nothing pretty, but I did manage to remove the rear suspension. Boy was that a filthy job. I want to get the floors in before I take the bosy off the frame.

Marc

Sometimes the dirtier the work is, the funner it is. Will you be keeping the original set-up with the torque-tube or updating?

youngrodder 03-10-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEARBOXGARAGE (Post 6567524)
Sometimes the dirtier the work is, the funner it is. Will you be keeping the original set-up with the torque-tube or updating?

Fun only that it's done. Removing that suspension worked me over. A lot of rivets and 60 + year old mud and grease holding things together.

I plan to run Porterbuilt suspension so I will try to sell this OE stuff. If I still have it by the time spring rolls around I will take it for scrape metal.

Marc

youngrodder 03-26-2014 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Worked on pulling all of the glass out. Overall everything is in good shape. No real rust or rot.

Marc