The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Brothers Trucks Orders (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=830627)

fauXGT 02-05-2022 03:11 AM

Brothers Trucks Orders

Just inquiring about others experiences with ordering from 'Brothers Trucks'.
I think 9 out of 10 orders I've placed with them has had inaccuracies. I have to Email them and wait for a response. And the orders have been between a few houndred dollars to thousands of dollars. Granted they have eventually fixed the issue. I know that 'covid' has played a big issue in the last few months, but I've had invoices that stated certain parts were shipped and not received, but shippers/manufacturers invoices stated they were requested from Brothers orders less than the original order. (I requested 2 of a certain part, but only getting 1 and finding out that Brothers only requested 1 to ship to me).
My brother has praised them for years and has contacts there, but I'm not liking how they have treated me.
Don't get me wrong. They have good prices, but it seems to be a bit of a hassle compared to paying a bit more for no headaches.

Others experiences?

crossfire84 02-05-2022 07:50 AM

Re: Brothers Trucks Orders

Brothers has always had a problem with people, not a big deal I’ve purchased many things from them. It doesn’t matter who you order from there will be problems. I love classic parts but some people hate them. look at cpp it’s a love/hate thing. Bottom line you will get your parts just may take time.

leddzepp 02-05-2022 08:27 PM

I live 10 minutes away from Brothers. I stopped buying parts there about 15 years ago. The end :)

fauXGT 02-05-2022 10:44 PM

They put out their winter price reduction., so an $800 order was placed.
Like I had stated, I've only had 1 order from them that has had no issues. All others had something wrong. This time one of the items was not only half filled, but was missing the bolts from the pics, and is raw metal and not the anodized that is in the pic. But it may be my mistake, being the pic is the only thing in the description and no written comments or 'what is included'. When you get stuff without a shipping tracking email or number, or an invoice when received, you tend to guess what was actually shipped, from where, and what is back ordered. Or when to expect front door boxes. I sometimes work out of town and it is nice to know when packages expected and someone can swing by and grab the porch packages and move them inside.
I check my order status off their site and it states that all is still pending, not that anything has shipped or received.
They have always fixed in the end, but it is turning into a hassle.:m5:

unclebrad 02-08-2022 01:16 AM

I've ordered from them once, and that will be the only order.

vintovka 02-14-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebrad (Post 9031679)
I've ordered from them once, and that will be the only order.

Me too.

TKCR 02-22-2022 10:33 AM

I gave up on Brothers years ago, like 6-7 years ago. I got a few things from them when I first bought my truck. Took awhile on most of it, and this was long before covid. I realize that has impacted a lot of places, but they were having this sort of problem back then. There’s too many other places out there to get truck parts, so I don’t even consider them anymore.

truckdude239 02-28-2022 03:01 PM

i placed an order once for stuff that was listed as in stock after waiting for a month i called and they all said it was on back order, i was like ti was listed as in stock but they said it was estimated as 6-8 month back order i canceled the order and never went back