The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   slammed 57 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=662590)

Kartch1 06-15-2023 03:22 PM

Re: slammed 57

The truck is looking amazing! We talked a while back when I was "slammed" with the pandemic stuff. You really helped me getting going on my project. Thanks!!!

Random question: Do you remember the backspacing on your front rims? My Scotts seems like the rotor sits pretty far back towards the frame. Also, what did you end up with on clearance between the front tire and fender?

Thanks again for helping me out so much at the beginning of my project.

slammed57 06-17-2023 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartch1 (Post 9212551)
The truck is looking amazing! We talked a while back when I was "slammed" with the pandemic stuff. You really helped me getting going on my project. Thanks!!!

Random question: Do you remember the backspacing on your front rims? My Scotts seems like the rotor sits pretty far back towards the frame. Also, what did you end up with on clearance between the front tire and fender?

Thanks again for helping me out so much at the beginning of my project.

Hey bud, good hearing from you, glad to see your getting some work done on it. For my front wheels they are 8" wide with 4.5" back spacing on them. if you get a measurement from your rotor to your frame I'll compare it to mine, also your hub to hub track width.
as for tire to fender I have 3.5" of clearance. Remember when you ride these trucks low your going to need some clearance for turning. having then this low your always going to rub some where ( its just the nature of the beast) question is, when you get a good turning radius do you want it to rub on the outer lip of the wheel opening of the fender or the frame. I pick the frame because its a smooth surface and no one will ever see the rub mark . the wheel opening on your fender is going to chew up your tires and even worse damage your fender a bit. mine rubs just ever so slightly on the frame at full steering lock. hope this helps.

slammed57 06-24-2023 08:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
AAAAAnd it is in! now back to color sanding and polishing the rest of the truck!

BIGglaSS 06-24-2023 10:53 PM

Looks good! Get'r done!

Kartch1 06-29-2023 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammed57 (Post 9213049)
Hey bud, good hearing from you, glad to see your getting some work done on it. For my front wheels they are 8" wide with 4.5" back spacing on them. if you get a measurement from your rotor to your frame I'll compare it to mine, also your hub to hub track width.
as for tire to fender I have 3.5" of clearance. Remember when you ride these trucks low your going to need some clearance for turning. having then this low your always going to rub some where ( its just the nature of the beast) question is, when you get a good turning radius do you want it to rub on the outer lip of the wheel opening of the fender or the frame. I pick the frame because its a smooth surface and no one will ever see the rub mark . the wheel opening on your fender is going to chew up your tires and even worse damage your fender a bit. mine rubs just ever so slightly on the frame at full steering lock. hope this helps.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I will message you some measurement tomorrow. What you say makes total sense. I went with the Scotts Hotrod superslam after talking to you a while back. Great kit.
Your project is looking great!! So awesome to see it come together.

8man 01-01-2024 04:40 PM

I just went through your build and wanted to say very nice work. Thanks for sharing.

slammed57 03-23-2024 08:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well been working slow motion here. Had my mother in law and father in law pass away so I been dealing with them and their assets. But I did manage to finish up the engine bay took it for a spin around the block a few times, then to have a rear main seal redone due to it leaking, so I had to pull the tranny to fix it. But it’s done and runs REAL good and zero leaks. I also added a hydroboost system for the cam gave me poor vacuum for the brakes( I had a gut feeling that was going to happen) but it stops on a dime now. Iam moving on to finish color sanding and getting the rest together. Talk to y’all soon

dsraven 03-23-2024 10:47 PM

sorry to hear about your loss, never good. hope you can work through it. best wishes for that and prayers for you and your family.
truck looks great.

Rickysnickers 03-24-2024 04:57 AM

Sorry about the passing of your parents. Condolences to you and your family.

Kevin_C 03-24-2024 12:57 PM

My condolences.

Jason 56 03-25-2024 07:52 PM

So sorry for your loss. I find tinkering with my project helps occupy my mind during difficult times. On a different note… Hydroboost looks good!

58CameoAZ 03-26-2024 12:49 PM

Hey Slammed,

Just stopped by to catch up on your build and seen your post, My Condolences
on your loss , So Very, Very Sorry Guy.

Amazing progress on your truck Buddy! looks Awesome!

Allen,
Payson Az.

oldman3 03-28-2024 01:28 PM

Sorry for your loss.

my56chevytruck 03-31-2024 09:55 AM

My friend, I am so sorry for your loss.