The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Restoring Rusty (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=645440)

hatzie 07-08-2020 10:35 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty

I don't see how people can live in areas where you can't drive a wheelbarrow into the back yard because the neighbors houses are too close.
My area is going to stay rural. The minimum subdivision size is 5 acres to stunt hyper development. No more than one dwelling per parcel too. Barns and sheds all you want but only one house to live in.

fordguy40 07-21-2020 03:02 PM

In for pics of the new seat.

texxxan 07-21-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordguy40 (Post 8779380)
in for pics of the new seat.

x2

Gregski 07-21-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordguy40 (Post 8779380)
In for pics of the new seat.

ha ha, well maniana is my wife's and mine 20 year wedding anniversary so you know where the seat money went, ha ha

don't worry there is a plan B (lemme know if any of you are interested in a TH400 transmission, never been raced lol)

hatzie 07-21-2020 06:28 PM

Happy wife happy life.
You'll make more mad money.

daddyjeep 07-22-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8779391)
ha ha, well maniana is my wife's and mine 20 year wedding anniversary so you know where the seat money went, ha ha

don't worry there is a plan B (lemme know if any of you are interested in a TH400 transmission, never been raced lol)

Congrats.... 20 years is a rare number these days.

Gregski 07-22-2020 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyjeep (Post 8779713)
Congrats.... 20 years is a rare number these days.

Indeed, thank you very much

Gregski 07-24-2020 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
cheers campers

LT7A 07-24-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8770175)
It's all about perspective.
Comparing SF county to LA county is apples to oranges...

LA county is huge. I've driven all over that county for work in the 1990s. It's easily twice the land area of Rhode Island or Delaware and then some. At 10x plus more population it's far more densely populated than either of those Eastern seaboard states... LA county has almost the population of the state of Ohio packed into a land area around twice the size of RI.

The SF Bay Area is Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, and Solano Counties.
Of those SF Bay Area counties San Francisco is tiny tiny tiny... literally almost just a tiny little bit bigger than the city of San Francisco. Considering that fact... the infection rate for that tiny high population density area is insane.

Interesting information. I think we both have an appreciation for statistics although yours probably exceeds mine. I agree that the counties don't really compare. I'd simply said that I think most of the infections were occurring in LA. I think that adding all the infection numbers for those additional SF counties would probably still not equal the LA number (but I haven't done the math ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8770175)
Enough of that lets talk about trucks some more.

I agree with this as well, so feel free to PM me if you have further relevant thoughts that you want to talk about.

LT7A 07-24-2020 01:31 PM

Just getting caught up here. Congratulations to you and wife for 20 years! That's fantastic really. And this might sound weird, but seeing both of your rigs parked at a campsite underlines the benefit of your investment in the family together. Love seeing it man. And it's good to see Rusty doing truck stuff out in the wildlands.

Wide Open 08-19-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8532731)
let's dance

Gregski or Hatzie,

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...1&d=1559002593

Will this gizmo read BCM info? Like Service Suspension System codes?
HPTuners will not. Any experience with the fake Tech II’s (the ones that aren’t PC based emulators)?

Wgesnerjr 08-20-2020 11:04 AM

Where, oh where has our Gregski gone. Oh where, oh where can he be?

Gregski 08-20-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr (Post 8795299)
Where, oh where has our Gregski gone. Oh where, oh where can he be?

um.... A '54 named Busty - LS Swap !!!

texxxan 09-15-2020 07:28 AM

Just stopped by to do some square body research and thought I should say hello to you and Rusty.

MikeB 09-15-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8795300)

I suggest you start a new thread called "Playing with Busty." That should get lots of traffic, plus this old thread is getting kinda rusty. :)

Gregski 09-16-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texxxan (Post 8808344)
Just stopped by to do some square body research and thought I should say hello to you and Rusty.

How very kind of you my Lord, thank you

just a quick update, the upholster I was supposed to take the bench seat to lives up in the forest I believe he is safe and out of harms way and his area is not on fire, however I haven't been able to make the treck lately and last thing I need is my seat burning up in his shop during this "fire season"

texxxan 09-16-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8808893)
How very kind of you my Lord, thank you

just a quick update, the upholster I was supposed to take the bench seat to lives up in the forest I believe he is safe and out of harms way and his area is not on fire, however I haven't been able to make the treck lately and last thing I need is my seat burning up in his shop during this "fire season"

Hopefully the fires are contained soon. Rusty deserves a comfortable seat.

Gregski 09-16-2020 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LSed Truck doing Truck Things!!!

Gregski 09-16-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8808420)
I suggest you start a new thread called "Playing with Busty." That should get lots of traffic, plus this old thread is getting kinda rusty. :)

hmmm, click bait as they call it, good thinkin'

Gregski 09-22-2020 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so a bit of good news finally, the skies turned blue finally (think California fires) and I also sold a Turbo 4,000 transmission from another project for $425 which will go towards the $1 million dollar bench seat re covering

so today my 19 year old son (left his bedroom) and I piled the old bench seat in mamas Honda Pilot and off it went to Dan at Scott's Auto Trim in Auburn (you follow that, ha ha Dan bought the shop from Scott) where I dropped it off with Tim who will have Adrian work on it, ha ha

super excited we are looking at black pleather on the back of the seat and black cloth for where the buttocks and our backs will go with gray stitching I think it will look *****in'

this may be the first thing I build with my wallet and it feels great!

MikeB 09-22-2020 09:58 PM

Been through Auburn many times. My wife's family lived in Grass Valley, and we spent a lot of time there when we lived in the San Jose area and I worked a "3 on and 4 off" shift at Intel. Used to ride dirt bikes back in mining country with some guys from Nevada City. It was a great place, at least back in the 1970s.

Gregski 09-22-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8812228)
Been through Auburn many times. My wife's family lived in Grass Valley, and we spent a lot of time there when we lived in the San Jose area and I worked a "3 on and 4 off" shift at Intel. Used to ride dirt bikes back in mining country with some guys from Nevada City. It was a great place, at least back in the 1970s.

Killer, thank you for sharing, they have one of the last remaining Foster Freeze burger joints where they dip the soft serve ice cream in a pool of milk chocolate and allow it to harden on the cone, I believe Dairy Queen stole the idea but theirs don't come close, that and a bag of salty fries and you are in heaven my friends!

MikeB 09-23-2020 09:22 AM

My wife loved Foster's Freeze as a girl. Said there were quite a few of them in the East Bay area where she grew up in the 50s-60s. She also remembers an A&W in Auburn where you could get a root beer float in a real glass mug. I think switching to plastic was the beginning of A&W's death spiral. :(

memo43 09-29-2020 08:16 PM

I just wanted to say wow.
I sent the link of your build to my 17 year old son. He is getting an 86 k20 (dream car) for him. Your build has given him and myself some ideas, starting points.
I'm glad he doesn't think that I am the only that is just OCD about certain things.

Gregski 09-30-2020 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by memo43 (Post 8815716)
I just wanted to say wow.
I sent the link of your build to my 17 year old son. He is getting an 86 k20 (dream car) for him. Your build has given him and myself some ideas, starting points.
I'm glad he doesn't think that I am the only that is just OCD about certain things.

glad you enjoyed it I hope it brings you and your son some value, these trucks are like Duplo blocks even easier then Legos to put together so they are great conventional front engine vehicles to learn on, I say it that way because my first car was a '69 Bug and that is the penultimate knuckle buster for the youngins

thank you for your service