The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Restoring Rusty (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=645440)

LT7A 06-29-2020 05:44 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty

Good work, both you and Rusty. Where did you guys go with the kayak?

Gregski 06-29-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8765771)
Good work, both you and Rusty. Where did you guys go with the kayak?

Lake Natoma it is a small lake right below Folsom Lake by highway 50 and Hazel Ave (I forget you know these parts!) I like it cause its sailboats only no motorized idiots

texxxan 06-29-2020 10:34 AM

I can't wait to follow Dusty's progress!!!

Gregski 06-29-2020 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by texxxan (Post 8765878)
I can't wait to follow Dusty's progress!!!

well then get down here and help me finish Busty, ha ha (FYI: Dusty was going to be my Mother / Son Project but we lost all the pics in a house move, hard drive failure)

texxxan 06-29-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8765891)
well then get down here and help me finish Busty, ha ha (FYI: Dusty was going to be my Mother / Son Project but we lost all the pics in a house move, hard drive failure)

Is that project your mother and you or your wife and your son?

texxxan 06-29-2020 11:01 AM

Never mind. I see the picture now.

Gregski 06-29-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texxxan (Post 8765899)
Is that project your mother and you or your wife and your son?

sorry, just added a pic that would have answered that, it's my retired 70 year old mom, I bought the truck and towed it to her house cause I didn't have enough room at my house and that's where I take all my strays, and it forced me to visit her every weekend, she lives alone (divorced) she took to it like a duck to water, removed the cylinder heads by herself and was amazing in finding all of my displaced/lost wrenches, ha ha (we nick named her, "Supervisor")

texxxan 06-29-2020 11:26 AM

That's awesome. Cherish this time with her.

Wide Open 06-29-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8765906)
sorry, just added a pic that would have answered that, it's my retired 70 year old mom, I bought the truck and towed it to her house cause I didn't have enough room at my house and that's where I take all my strays, and it forced me to visit her every weekend, she lives alone (divorced) she took to it like a duck to water, removed the cylinder heads by herself and was amazing in finding all of my displaced/lost wrenches, ha ha (we nick named her, "Supervisor")

:lol:

So she’s in management...
does that mean you’re just a lowly union worker??

Gregski 06-29-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide Open (Post 8765941)
:lol:

So she’s in management...
does that mean you’re just a lowly union worker??

means she has no clue what she's doing but still tells me what to do, ha ha

Wide Open 06-29-2020 12:01 PM

:haha:

Yep that’s what I’m talking about

Gregski 06-29-2020 12:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
next up for Rusty... get the stock bench seat reupholstered professionally ($550) with new replacement foams from a junk yard I scored a few years back (cause knew these are monster EXPENSIVE!), going with black, vinyl back and sides and cloth sit down parts and back rests I think that's what Dale the seat dude said

thank you all for offering advice on how to DIY this but I refuse to do it myself, ha ha, too old and grumpy and I want this done right, I did a seat or two in the past and it's just not my cup of tea (hope you all understand and won't hold it against me in the Court of Trucks)

texxxan 06-29-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8765977)
next up for Rusty... get the stock bench seat reupholstered professionally ($550) with new replacement foams from a junk yard I scored a few years back, going with black, vinyl back and sides and cloth sit down parts and back rests I think that's what Dale the seat dude said

thank you all for offering advice on how to DIY this but I refuse to do it myself, ha ha, too old and grumpy and I want this done right, I did a seat or two in the past and it's just not my cup of tea (hope you all understand and won't hold it against me in the Court of Trucks)

I believe you've earned a free pass by now.

Gregski 07-02-2020 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
can you spot Rusty?

LT7A 07-05-2020 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8765874)
Lake Natoma it is a small lake right below Folsom Lake by highway 50 and Hazel Ave (I forget you know these parts!) I like it cause its sailboats only no motorized idiots

Haha, motorized idiots. I see an orange boat in the picture above. Other than that, hard to say. Looks like a cool spot and that you could paddle around forever. Can you row upstream to the big lake if you want?

Is that a seat out of a 81-87? Not that it matters necessarily. I have a 73-80 I could swap you (PT-3) if it ever becomes reasonable to travel around again. How are you guys doing down there? Most of the numbers are coming out of LA, yeah?

hatzie 07-05-2020 01:49 PM

The San Francisco bay area is likely just as bad.
Living in high population density areas increases your risk.

texxxan 07-06-2020 01:57 PM

Rusty is looking good out there.

Gregski 07-06-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texxxan (Post 8769748)
Rusty is looking good out there.

thanks, man that little 4.8L pulled so good up the hills with two in the cab and totally loaded up and that aero dynamic orange brick on the roof, luv it when the truck runs good, hopefully next year we're out there in the '54

plus round trip on one tank of gas! - Bonus!

LT7A 07-07-2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8769192)
The San Francisco bay area is likely just as bad.
Living in high population density areas increases your risk.

Would seem to make sense, but look at LA County vs. SF County.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...sa/california/

Gski, sorry about the hijack. We're just discussing your safety and wellbeing.

hatzie 07-07-2020 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's all about perspective.
Comparing SF county to LA county is apples to oranges...

LA county is huge. I've driven all over that county for work in the 1990s. It's easily twice the land area of Rhode Island or Delaware and then some. At 10x plus more population it's far more densely populated than either of those Eastern seaboard states... LA county has almost the population of the state of Ohio packed into a land area around twice the size of RI.

The SF Bay Area is Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, and Solano Counties.
Of those SF Bay Area counties San Francisco is tiny tiny tiny... literally almost just a tiny little bit bigger than the city of San Francisco. Considering that fact... the infection rate for that tiny high population density area is insane.
Attachment 2030727

Enough of that lets talk about trucks some more.

Wide Open 07-07-2020 10:04 AM

Can the covid still find you if you’re sitting in a kayak in the middle of a lake??

Asking for a friend

hatzie 07-07-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide Open (Post 8770193)
Can the covid still find you if you’re sitting in a kayak in the middle of a lake??

Asking for a friend

LOL

Having the state forest as my largest neighbor doesn't hurt anything either.
I have one lot between me and the state lands. It's completely land locked by my property and the state lands with no easements.

hatzie 07-07-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8765977)
next up for Rusty... get the stock bench seat reupholstered professionally ($550) with new replacement foams from a junk yard I scored a few years back (cause knew these are monster EXPENSIVE!), going with black, vinyl back and sides and cloth sit down parts and back rests I think that's what Dale the seat dude said

The butt foam is worth getting new if you can swing it.
40+ years of weather and sunlight tends to break the foam down. Not to mention the dirt, pollen, mold, and mildew along with the prior owners' butt groove worn into it.
The new stuff is better quality foam as well so it lasts longer than the stuff GM used.
I put a new butt foam in my 2005 and it was night and day different.

Gregski 07-08-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide Open (Post 8770193)

Asking for a friend

ha ha, not if you are drinking a Corona it cancels each other out, like Googling Google (do NOT try it)

Gregski 07-08-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8770277)
LOL

Having the state forest as my largest neighbor doesn't hurt anything either.
I have one lot between me and the state lands. It's completely land locked by my property and the state lands with no easements.

rub it in why don't you, well when I stretch out my arms I can touch both mine and my neighbors house