The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dukes of Hazard ain't got Jack on this gal (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=823945)

Sheepdip 07-18-2021 09:40 PM

Dukes of Hazard ain't got Jack on this gal

This happened in Yuba City Ca. they say it was a female driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeXGlNXJeEM

cwcarpenter98 07-18-2021 10:09 PM

Re: Dukes of Hazard ain't got Jack on this gal

Dadgum!

yuccales 07-18-2021 10:12 PM

Threaded that needle, under the power lines, over the phone line.

Getter-Done 07-18-2021 10:23 PM

Wow.
What's the description of the car?
White upsidedown and smokin:ito:

mongocanfly 07-18-2021 10:34 PM

i saw that yesterday..said she was a hit and run driver i think...lucky shes not dead

Getter-Done 07-18-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8946946)
i saw that yesterday..said she was a hit and run driver i think...lucky shes not dead

For Sure.

57taskforce 07-18-2021 11:55 PM

Damn that’s some impressive hang time, pretty sure Evil Knievel probably applauded that one.

68Gold/white 07-19-2021 12:29 AM

Holy Sheepdip, Batman!!

Ol Blue K20 07-19-2021 08:26 AM

Holy Cow!!!

Boog 07-19-2021 09:50 AM

Uh, that's not how the Fall Guy did it...;)

weq92f 07-19-2021 10:02 AM

Judging from the debris field following that car through the air, it substantially impacted the grass/dirt berm on its way to the sky. It's likely the occupants took a major G-force input right about the same time.

-klb

Stocker 07-19-2021 11:42 AM

Hell of a show.... it's hard to believe she walked out of the hospital afterwards.

Troy Sr 07-19-2021 11:42 AM

Height A+ but the Dukes mostly landed on the wheels, not their roof so she gets an F-!!

67C10Step 07-19-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8947120)
Hell of a show.... it's hard to believe she walked out of the hospital afterwards.

How did Rick James put it? “Cocaine is a hell of a drug.”

I’m obviously just guessing but more times than not drugs are involved somewhere and make folks do the strangest things and survive stuff that would kill a normal person.

That’s one of the craziest rides I’ve seen in a while and the screaming instantly got on my nerves. I hate that reaction.

67ChevyRedneck 07-19-2021 12:10 PM

2/5, didn't stick the landing.

Steeveedee 07-19-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8947138)

:lol: Oh, it's stuck, all right! Gonna have to scrape it up!

CG 07-19-2021 05:13 PM

I feel like I would have jumped out of my car and ran over to see if I could help right away. Those guys in the car the video was from ... Not so much.

special-K 07-19-2021 05:58 PM

That's a mighty high jump. I'd love to see a video of the first half, other side of the berm. The Duke Boys, Fall Guy, and weren't there others? all I know is none can top this real life semi action scene that I remembered when seeing this thread. This guy did run over to see if the driver was ok as soon as the video stopped.

EDIT: It's called "Airborn Semi Truck" or just click the blue banner with title of video. It looks horrific but the driver also survived. If an expression you might hear, or say, when witnessing an unbelievable surprise event offends you, then turn the sound off

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8947286)
I feel like I would have jumped out of my car and ran over to see if I could help right away. Those guys in the car the video was from ... Not so much.

I always think that when I watch a video of a bad event happening and this person is more concerned with grabbing a video.

mongocanfly 07-19-2021 08:44 PM

Tim, heres the footage i saw the day it came out...some grainy security cam
it shows the lead up to the launch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZixovB...has_verified=1

'63GENIII 07-20-2021 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8947138)

^^^ Agreed....landing was a 2 but threading that needle? Id have to give her a 6/5 on the technical aspect there :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8947286)

I was thinking the exact same thing. They had quite the discussion before getting out of the car. Almost thought that they weren't gonna get out. Maybe waiting for more pieces to land first?

I tend to not think before I jump out of the car to help and its bit me in the arse on a couple of occasions. Guess there's a middle ground there somewhere..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8947375)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciu5WcFZ7_k

The perspective that the rental yard guy gives when showing the sharp left at the end of the road that she overshot helped me to understand what happened.

Hearing that she was driving the opposite direction on 99 before hand was another part of setting the stage.

special-K 07-20-2021 05:29 AM

Quote:

Dang! Nice to learn the circumstances. Karma I guess. Good thing she didn't knock out power and start a fire. Maybe it truly is best to stand and face consequences

67ChevyRedneck 07-20-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

This comment got me :lol:

Quote:

how did she not get arrested? A hit and run , speeding(probably over 100 mph) and not notifying the FAA of her flight plans. That's Reckless driving/flying at its best.

special-K 07-20-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 8947447)
The perspective that the rental yard guy gives when showing the sharp left at the end of the road that she overshot helped me to understand what happened.

Hearing that she was driving the opposite direction on 99 before hand was another part of setting the stage.

Did they say she was 'only' driving in the opposite direction or did they say 'backwards'? That's what I thought they were saying. Either way it fits an expression I use a lot... even more these days, She came up with
"a whole new way of F-ing up"

Richard 07-23-2021 02:34 AM

Quite a spectacular accident. Regardless of her being at fault or not. The thing about this video that saddens and frightens me the most is that all the viewers seemed more concerned with capturing the video than anything else. No one took action.

72 tigger 07-23-2021 05:33 AM

No one took action- exactly! How do you just sit there?