The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Question about non-GM vehicles for sale section (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=813109)

j_cst_10 10-12-2020 11:10 AM

Question about non-GM vehicles for sale section

I know you have to be a contributing member to sell (mine ran out and will be renewed shortly), but what is the policy on other brands listed in the for sale section?

I know this is a Chevy/GMC forum, but it is also filled with truck enthusiasts first and foremost.

I have a cool older dodge truck I wanted to list for sale but couldn't find a single non GM vehicle in the classifieds.

Thanks!

truckster 10-12-2020 12:59 PM

Re: Question about non-GM vehicles for sale section

I don't see any restriction on listing other makes. I think you won't see many because not many people will come to a Chevy/GMC truck site looking for a Dodge.

j_cst_10 10-12-2020 01:04 PM

Thanks truckster, I didn’t see any restrictions either.

I understand it may not be the best place on paper to advertise but was going to support the forum anyway so figured why not.

Lots of Chevy enthusiasts obviously but its cool and not a Ford haha.

Boog 10-12-2020 07:22 PM

I could see that maybe fitting in the miscellaneous section.

70cst 10-12-2020 09:31 PM

Great checking...

I don't know but I will find out. :metal:

cwcarpenter98 10-13-2020 11:00 AM

Once you renew your membership, you can post it in the Miscellaneous for sale section. It's right under the trucks for sale section

dmjlambert 10-13-2020 07:42 PM

I wish I could get one each of 1960's GMC, Dodge, Ford, IH, Jeep, and Mercury long bed pickups, to go in a lineup with my Chevy. All different colors. Fun collection.

I first became interested in getting an old truck because of an old Dodge pickup that I saw in Rockport, Texas, parked in front of a restaurant. It was all different colors, cobbled together. There were fishing rod holders made of PVC pipes strapped on the front bumper. The tailgate was made of old weathered lumber with a variety of old chrome Dodge and Ram emblems nailed onto it. I wish I had that truck.

Steeveedee 10-13-2020 08:31 PM

My dad had a '51 Dodge truck that he put a 318 with a typewriter Torqueflite in. I always liked that truck. It got towed for parking in LA and never recovered. What year is this truck?

'68OrangeSunshine 10-14-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8822052)
My dad had a '51 Dodge truck that he put a 318 with a typewriter Torqueflite in. I always liked that truck. It got towed for parking in LA and never recovered. What year is this truck?

A guy I know got his Mercedes impounded in San Diego County. When he saw how much it would cost to get out of impound, he said ''Forget it. I can get a newer Mercedes a couple grand cheaper. You keep it."

Steeveedee 10-14-2020 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine (Post 8822496)
A guy I know got his Mercedes impounded in San Diego County. When he saw how much it would cost to get out of impound, he said ''Forget it. I can get a newer Mercedes a couple grand cheaper. You keep it."

Sad, but I can see that. Mercedes really don't age well, and when they need work the cost is just stupid big. Maybe it's better when they are closer to the factory?

'68OrangeSunshine 10-15-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8822562)
Sad, but I can see that. Mercedes really don't age well, and when they need work the cost is just stupid big. Maybe it's better when they are closer to the factory?

IKR. I had a '61 MBZ 190B when I was in college. Drove the hell out of it. One day the engine blew up while I was tooling down the freeway at 70. Had it towed to my mechanics. The price to fix the engine [don't think they had the crate engine concept] was astronomical. My Dad told me to sell it to them as parts for $300.
A couple weeks later, I bought a used '68 Stepside.
Still got it. About to roll 400,000 in less than 300 miles. Easy to work on, parts available and not too spendy, and with the Chassis and Overhaul manuals, I could read them in my native language, and work on it myself

j_cst_10 10-15-2020 01:12 PM

Thanks, I'll renew my membership and put it in lthe misc. section.

The truck is an original paint 79 Dodge D100 shortbed with a 4 cylinder cummins turbo diesel.

I did this after I completely my 72 C20 cummins conversion. I would post a picture of the Dodge but it may break the internet on this forum.