The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Decks open for a party! come on over, I'll got one for you. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=334780)

jbgroby 03-21-2009 08:13 PM

Decks open for a party! come on over, I'll got one for you.

I've been at this for about 3 weeks now, she got finished today, still deciding
if we're going to put railing railing on lower deck section yet. The hole on
the corner will be a pond less water fall. Check out the build album.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...70241977kdoDls

It was a nice break from working on the truck.

Jake

TheDark1 03-21-2009 08:27 PM

Re: Decks open for a party! come on over, I'll got one for you.

You did a good job. Hey, I just noticed where you're at. I used to live in Pearl River.

Liz 03-21-2009 08:33 PM

That is such a cool layout. Great job! Are you putting anything at the bottom of the slide, so the kids dont tear up the deck or their butts? Get some night pics with the lights on if you can :)

jbgroby 03-21-2009 09:46 PM

I'm probaly going to put in a 3ft. area with red mulch to break the landing on the deck. I'm going to see how it does tommarrow, a bunch of the gang are suppose to be comming over. The swing still ain't quite right, it pulls to the left. I need to see how it will swing with weight in it.

Sometime next week I'll re-wrap all the main branches with the small white Christmas lights and add some more so I can lit it up at night. I'm trying to see how I'm going to run a low voltage light system. A few small spotlights at the base of the tree shining upwards toward the tree. 2 small lights at the step riser, and a few small lights around the outter edges shining upwards, Total voltage will not exceed 1 amp. Those low votage systems are pretty neat.

I have to wait a few weeks before I use the Thompson Water Seal, according to the guys at Lowes.

Liz 03-21-2009 09:53 PM

The mulch will probably help alot. They have some that is playground grade too, and about the same price as the pretty stuff.
That should help with the landings :) poor deck, could you imagine what it would look like after a few good hell diggin in stops.

The low voltage lighting systems are really cool. We have looked into that as well. Good luck tomorrow, and just tell the kids.. if it pulls to the left, lean to the right ;)

jbgroby 03-22-2009 10:19 AM

I was at Lowes yesterday getting a refund for the 8' slide we'd bought to upgrade to the 10' version. I saw factory made 1" pressed rubber "red mulch" I think that might do the trick. You put it around the base of the tree it lets water through buy weed won't / can't grow through it.

Jake

Liz 03-22-2009 10:28 AM

Yeah, the rubber mulch is great. Just costs a bit more then the wood mulch. You can get it in a bunch of colors too

LUV2XCLR8 03-22-2009 02:33 PM

:phat:

Frizzle Fry 03-23-2009 12:50 AM

Well done! I've built decks so I know how much work that was. That looks fantastic!

rambler 03-24-2009 02:46 PM

note to self.... DO NOT SHOW THIS POST TO THE WIFE!

Great Job!

jbgroby 03-24-2009 08:29 PM

Rambler,

You're too late, I sent her a PM, get out the saw and hammer.:lol: