The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rock Auto Suspension parts? Anyone use them? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=433232)

mcbassin 11-29-2010 05:14 PM

Rock Auto Suspension parts? Anyone use them?

Just curious if anyone out there has use Rock Auto for there ball joints, tie rods, pittman, idler etc.? I noticed they have some super cheap prices up to really high $$. I'm wondering if the lower price stuff has any quality or is it just about like Autozone or Oreilly house brand? Any advice? and yes I know there are some really good brands out there for big prices like Moog. This is a low buck project driver and I really don't want to break the bank on stuff that will be upgraded in the future. thanks,

knuckledragger 11-29-2010 05:22 PM

Re: Rock Auto Suspension parts? Anyone use them?

I recently ordered ball joints and bushings for my truck.I did not buy the cheapest ones but looked for the clearance stuff.All of the parts are wagner or bendix nos .So really good parts cheap!i have been extremely happy with everything so far.No autozone quality stuff.Good luck.
Dan

dznucks 11-29-2010 08:39 PM

I just bought my Moog stuff from them to rebuild my front end.
Two of the tie rods and a ball joint were the incorrect part, in the correct box. so i ended up having to go buy the correct parts from autozone.

I learned that Autozone duralast suspension parts, are Moog parts in a different box.

That being said, it may be cheaper and less frustrating to go buy Duralast (Moog) from autozone. You will want to check to make sure they are giving you the right part, in the right box.

Tommy454 11-29-2010 08:47 PM

I use them all the time; never had a problem and the parts are usually less expensive.

knuckledragger 11-29-2010 09:07 PM

I use autozone suspension parts at work.They are not moog parts.I quite often replace parts less than a year old from autozone.So..you get what you pay for.I personally will not use their suspension components on my personal vehicle after installing them in a retail enviroment for a couple of years.Just my 2 cents.
Dan

brn agn 11-30-2010 12:00 AM

I've bought a lot of stuff from Rock Auto over the last few years. I usually purchase parts from Manufacturers that I recognize (Moog, AC Delco, etc...). I've never had a problem. If you decide to buy from them, send me a PM and I will give you a discount code for 5% off.

mcbassin 11-30-2010 12:16 AM

Thanks guys for all the help guys. I am going to try to find some of that new old stock with good brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brn agn (Post 4321706)
I've bought a lot of stuff from Rock Auto over the last few years. I usually purchase parts from Manufacturers that I recognize (Moog, AC Delco, etc...). I've never had a problem. If you decide to buy from them, send me a PM and I will give you a discount code for 5% off.

Thanks,
I will take it if I place the order. I have a shopping cart full of parts;)