The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Classifieds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   DBW Gas Pedal Adpater bracket for truck/suv pedal (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=651123)

Hart_Rod 11-27-2014 01:06 AM

DBW Gas Pedal Adpater bracket for truck/suv pedal

4 Attachment(s)
DBW mounting bracket for 03-07 Truck/SUV Pedal

$120 Shipped via USPS (**adjusted 10/4/2022)

Paypal: robhartley@aol.com, enter "TPB" in message block.

*** All purchases now include: USPS shipping in CONUS, paypal fees and all the necessary hardware to install the pedal bracket. ***

After receiving many of requests for pedal bracket that will work with the 03-07 truck pedal, I fabricated this pedal bracket. This is a bolt in bracket that uses the 03-07 truck/SUV DBW pedal (may fit others) for the 67-72 LS conversions. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

GEN IV flat brackets for the 05+ Corvette Pedal can be found here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=631165

**** PEDAL MOUNT INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ****

1. Start by bolting your truck/SUV DBW pedal assembly to the mount bracket using the provided 3/4" 1/4-20 bolt. Do not tighten.

2. Next, loosely bolt the mount bracket to the firewall using the three nutserts in the firewall where the original pedal was mounted. You can do this by aligning the three pre-drilled holes on the right side of the mount bracket. Use three 3/4" 1/4-20 bolts to attach to the firewall that were included in your kit.

3. Next, align the left edge of the mount bracket with the raised vertical firewall brace. There are two pre-drilled holes on the top and bottom on the left edge that will be used as a guide to install the provided self-tapping bolts.

4. After you attach the left side of the mount bracket to the raised brace, you can tighten the three bolts on the right side of the bracket using a 7/16 socket.

5. When the pedal bracket is securely attached, you can adjust the pedal position as desired by moving the top of the DWB pedal assembly left or right. If necessary, there is also about 1/2" up or down adjustment from the slotted hole in the bottom of the DBW pedal assembly.

6. After you have the pedal in the position that you like, use a 7/16 socket to tighten the bottom bolt holding the DBW pedal assembly.

7. Next, you should actuate the pedal up and down to check for any interference in the movement. There shouldn't be any, but all the trucks are a little different so be sure to check. If there is any interference, loosen the bolt and adjust as necessary.

8. Once the DBW pedal assembly is adjusted, make sure the bottom bolt is tight and remove the mounting bracket and DBW pedal assembly from the firewall as one piece. This will hold the pedal in your desired position and allow you to drill the top hole to finish mounting the pedal assembly.

9. Next, mark the top pedal assembly hole using the DBW pedal assembly as a guide. Remove pedal assembly and then drill a 1/4" hole where previously marked. Re-install the pedal assembly with the provided 1/4" bolt and nut and tighten. This nut should be tacked in place, just like the one on the bottom, so that the DBW pedal assembly can be removed by itself without removing the entire pedal mount bracket.

NOTE: If you don't have a welder, you can just tighten the top bolt and leave the DBW pedal on the bracket for reassembly.

If you have any questions or suggestion about the installation, please let me know. Thanks for your purchase!

Hart_Rod 12-03-2014 11:24 AM

Re: Gas Pedal Adpater bracket for truck/suv pedal

bump

Hart_Rod 12-05-2014 10:09 AM

3 brackets sold. 9 left.

Hart_Rod 12-09-2014 10:40 AM

5 brackets sold. 7 left.

Hart_Rod 12-12-2014 09:50 AM

6 brackets sold, 6 left.

Hart_Rod 12-12-2014 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
**** INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ****

Pedal mount instructions:

1. Start by bolting your truck/SUV DBW pedal assembly to the mount bracket using the provided 3/4" 1/4-20 bolt. Do not tighten.

2. Next, loosely bolt the mount bracket to the firewall using the three nutserts in the firewall where the original pedal was mounted. You can do this by aligning the three pre-drilled holes on the right side of the mount bracket. Use three 3/4" 1/4-20 bolts to attach to the firewall that were included in your kit.

3. Next, align the left edge of the mount bracket with the raised vertical firewall brace. There are two pre-drilled holes on the top and bottom on the left edge that will be used as a guide to install the provided self-tapping bolts.

4. After you attach the left side of the mount bracket to the raised brace, you can tighten the three bolts on the right side of the bracket using a 7/16 socket.

5. When the pedal bracket is securely attached, you can adjust the pedal position as desired by moving the top of the DWB pedal assembly left or right. If necessary, there is also about 1/2" up or down adjustment from the slotted hole in the bottom of the DBW pedal assembly.

6. After you have the pedal in the position that you like, use a 7/16 socket to tighten the bottom bolt holding the DBW pedal assembly.

7. Next, you should actuate the pedal up and down to check for any interference in the movement. There shouldn't be any, but all the trucks are a little different so be sure to check. If there is any interference, loosen the bolt and adjust as necessary.

8. Once the DBW pedal assembly is adjusted, make sure the bottom bolt is tight and remove the mounting bracket and DBW pedal assembly from the firewall as one piece. This will hold the pedal in your desired position and allow you to drill the top hole to finish mounting the pedal assembly.

9. Next, mark the top pedal assembly hole using the DBW pedal assembly as a guide. Remove pedal assembly and then drill a 1/4" hole where previously marked. Re-install the pedal assembly with the provided 1/4" bolt and nut and tighten. This nut should be tacked in place, just like the one on the bottom, so that the DBW pedal assembly can be removed by itself without removing the entire pedal mount bracket.

NOTE: If you don't have a welder, you can just tighten the top bolt and leave the DBW pedal on the bracket for reassembly.

If you have any questions or suggestion about the installation, please let me know. Thanks for your purchase!

205harleyman 12-12-2014 11:29 PM

I want one

Hart_Rod 12-13-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 205harleyman (Post 6955378)
I want one

Sweet! PayPal information is in the first post of the thread. Let me know so I can ship it today.

smbrouss70 12-13-2014 03:21 PM

I want one Rob!

Hart_Rod 12-14-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smbrouss70 (Post 6955971)
I want one Rob!

Shipped. THANKS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 205harleyman (Post 6955378)
I want one

Do u still want one?

205harleyman 12-20-2014 07:53 PM

Sorry, I forgot about it, but just sent paypal

Hart_Rod 12-23-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 205harleyman (Post 6965191)
Sorry, I forgot about it, but just sent paypal

No worries! It shipped yesterday. Thanks again.

R

dayj1 01-04-2015 12:33 AM

Bump for a great seller. The bracket installed easily and is a great time saver.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...1/IMG_0025.jpg

elimontfort 01-06-2015 12:45 PM

hi I was wondering if you have any brackets left?

Hart_Rod 01-06-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elimontfort (Post 6987922)
hi I was wondering if you have any brackets left?

Yes I do! The price is 100.00, Paypal is robhartley@aol.com. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayj1 (Post 6984087)
Bump for a great seller. The bracket installed easily and is a great time saver.

Thanks Jonathan!

Roz 01-06-2015 01:44 PM

Just got your PM, I'll take one well!

Hart_Rod 01-06-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roz (Post 6987989)
Just got your PM, I'll take one well!

Thanks!

Roz 01-06-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 6988000)
Thanks!

PayPal sent!

XtremelyLow 01-06-2015 08:49 PM

Hey man will this work on a 2009 pedal?

Hart_Rod 01-06-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roz (Post 6988032)
PayPal sent!

Thanks! Will be shipped tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremelyLow (Post 6988542)
Hey man will this work on a 2009 pedal?

Please post a picture of the pedal.

ironfish96 01-07-2015 02:16 PM

I want one too.

ironfish96 01-07-2015 02:19 PM

Payment sent. Thanks

Hart_Rod 01-07-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironfish96 (Post 6989503)
Payment sent. Thanks

Will try to get it shipped out tomorrow. Thanks!

atltd4x4 01-08-2015 08:41 PM

Re: DBW Gas Pedal Adpater bracket for truck/suv pedal

Payment sent, Thanks

Hart_Rod 01-08-2015 08:53 PM

Re: DBW Gas Pedal Adpater bracket for truck/suv pedal

Quote:

Originally Posted by atltd4x4 (Post 6991573)
Payment sent, Thanks

Thanks! Will be Monday before I get the next batch and get it shipped.