The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Another crap aftermarket part. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=821666)

Accelo 05-11-2021 02:59 PM

Another crap aftermarket part.

3 Attachment(s)
Went to assemble my locks today and found out my pretty chrome lock bezels will not fit into the hole in the door. I haven't taken the time to look up which vendor I purchased them from. That will take some digging. However one should check every part that arrives, for fitment, whenever possible.
Sure it a minor thing. Exactly my point, vendors should be able to at least get the easy things correct.

One question on the lock rods.
Is there a right and left on the lock rods. I am assuming so. However, the way it is currently installed, it appears that the rod rubs the lock mechanism? Maybe I can get a picture?
Possibly someone has a picture of the right and lefts marked as such?
Once I get the window in it will be difficult to deal with so I want to get it correct the first time.
Thanks
Rick

pjmoreland 05-11-2021 04:39 PM

Re: Another crap aftermarket part.

1 Attachment(s)
Joy...

Here's a photo of a driver side lock knob rod. It appears that the angled center straight section gets closer to the outer door skin higher up. There is always the chance this rod is bent.

1970cstblazer 05-11-2021 06:12 PM

Those lock knobs are for GM cars with a much larger hole. Some vendors sell a chrome plated version of the original black knobs.

HotWheelsFan 05-11-2021 07:28 PM

The chrome knob in photo fits several GM vehicles. Yes larger diameter...

It appears you have the wrong part, rather than a incorrectly made part.

Bob

Accelo 05-11-2021 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=
It appears you have the wrong part, rather than a incorrectly made part.
Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob: It was sold as fitting my truck. Yes I understand it might fit others correctly. Maybe I could have used a better title.

Richard 05-12-2021 12:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The plastic chrome knobs I had no longer fit after my new paint, to tight at lock position. Picked up a set of billet knobs. Fit and look mostly original. They are a bit longer than the ones I had but it is much easier to grab them to unlock. Think they were purchased from Classic Parts. Pic is at unlock position.

1970cstblazer 05-12-2021 07:27 AM

Those are beautiful..

special-K 05-13-2021 05:08 AM

Is this thread a product review for Classic Part's billet door lock buttons? :lol:

Accelo 05-13-2021 12:53 PM

Could be. But at $26 for two, I call them expensive.

Tim Christian 05-28-2021 11:21 AM

Quite buying parts from people that don't know what they are selling. Nothing wrong with part it fits what it suppose to. The problem is the vendor sold you the wrong part not made for your truck and they should know this.

Accelo 10-01-2021 05:49 PM

I know this is an old thread, but with new information.
I figured out where the door locks came from.
They were purchased from inlinetube.com
I wrote to them and they said they will send it to the product group for description modification. Will take longer than a week. My bet is it never gets done. Although I hope I am surprised.
I also sent them a fix for the excellent reproduction ebrake cable I purchased from them. The hole for the pin was drilled 5/16" and it required a 3/8" pin.
It was excellent except for the one detail and it was an easy fix as the part wasn't hardened.