The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My '69 C-10 First Truck Project! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=557409)

the_69_C10 12-22-2012 10:14 PM

My '69 C-10 First Truck Project!

Alright guys, I'm new to the site, and have been wanting to share with you all my project. I'm almost 16 and I have decided I want a '69 C-10 for my first vehicle. As of now I have the old bed off and in scrap because of it's bad shape, and have bought a parts truck ('69 LWB) to replace some body parts. Well turns out, $500 later, I have a LWB 1969, with a 350 that was rebuilt 19 yrs ago and then the truck was put in a barn. Fired it up today, Runs like a champ, and the inside of the block looks like I just pulled it out of a crate. So I have a nice 350 for my SWB. Wanted to give you guys an idea of my project my dad and I started a month ago. I'll have pictures soon! Any questions or suggestions, please let me know! :metal:

darush01 12-22-2012 10:30 PM

Re: My '69 C-10 First Truck Project!

Nice find and welcome to the site youll use these guys all the time i know i have and i havent even started a resto mines a dd fir now but these guys know every inch of these trucks , looking forward to pics. Oh and cherish this truck im only 21 and i got mine when i was 18 and i love it to death, ive been offered more than its worth but i wont sell it
Posted via Mobile Device

the_69_C10 12-22-2012 10:39 PM

My dad had 3 and sold everyone, he says he regrets it all the time. I made a promise to never sell mine. I'm only restoring mine to a dd and to show the ladies, maybe a few extra bells and whistles. Thanks!

darush01 12-23-2012 02:26 PM

My dad has had a dizen or so 67-87 chevy trucks he didnt mind selling them because thats all he bought them for buy one use it till he found something else fix a few issues and sell it but i was always more attached i think thats why when he found mine for sale i spent every dime i had at the time to buy it and still try to do at least one improvment a paycheck hopefully someday i can do a frame off on it but with it being a 350 4spd and low rearvend gears i just cant afford to drive it and fix a whole lot on it at once
Posted via Mobile Device

hugger6933 12-23-2012 07:38 PM

I would like to say welcome to you and congrats from eastern parts of Arkansas. I have a body shop and have had since the late 1980's, and build late model trucks and suv's for a living and old trucks and muclecars for fun. There are a lots of great people on here willing to help so don't be afraid to ask. I don't mind questions and feel that there are no stupid ones, everyone started out from somewhere. My main advice to you with your truck is first get it runnig then get it safe not only for you but those around you. I kbow at 16 you feel you can't get hurt but sadly that is not true and it goes same for those you meet on the road as well so make sure it steers and stops safely for everyone please it will be a lot more fun if you can drive it. That comes to my next piece of advice don't tear down too far to get it back up and runnig soon again if your not able to drive it you may lose interest in it and that happens alot.so keep your projects [after the safety concerns] small and quick where you can be on the road soon. Next when you get bit by the hot rod bug don't go too big and don't go too crazy with your daily driver. That is about all until you ask for help, I have some general and I hang out in the paint and body since that is my thing and in here so that is where I can be found or PM me if needed. Jim

the_69_C10 12-23-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugger6933 (Post 5774377)
I would like to say welcome to you and congrats from eastern parts of Arkansas. I have a body shop and have had since the late 1980's, and build late model trucks and suv's for a living and old trucks and muclecars for fun. There are a lots of great people on here willing to help so don't be afraid to ask. I don't mind questions and feel that there are no stupid ones, everyone started out from somewhere. My main advice to you with your truck is first get it runnig then get it safe not only for you but those around you. I kbow at 16 you feel you can't get hurt but sadly that is not true and it goes same for those you meet on the road as well so make sure it steers and stops safely for everyone please it will be a lot more fun if you can drive it. That comes to my next piece of advice don't tear down too far to get it back up and runnig soon again if your not able to drive it you may lose interest in it and that happens alot.so keep your projects [after the safety concerns] small and quick where you can be on the road soon. Next when you get bit by the hot rod bug don't go too big and don't go too crazy with your daily driver. That is about all until you ask for help, I have some general and I hang out in the paint and body since that is my thing and in here so that is where I can be found or PM me if needed. Jim

My biggest thing now is getting the body fixed, and putting disk brakes on the front end. Then getting my 350 dropped on the chassis. Thanks!

rkintn_68 12-23-2012 08:27 PM

Welcome !!! Its great to see young people, interested in building something... Can't wait to see your truck !!!

RCbowtie69 12-25-2012 11:08 AM

Hey from N.C. and welcome to the forum.Keep on Truckin'' :metal:

70cst 12-25-2012 11:21 AM

Hey the_69_C10 ...

:welcome2: to the forums and :hi: from Ohio and :cong: on your truck.

Keep us updated and yes...we love pictures. :metal: