The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   is our photoshop forum gone? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=812298)

Custom 68 09-22-2020 03:48 PM

is our photoshop forum gone?

LIke the title says I cant find it so maybe it is gone? I had a picture I hoped to get a change to see if I wanted to proceed with doing the two-tone paint on my 68.
Thanks
Dave

cwcarpenter98 09-22-2020 03:52 PM

Re: is our photoshop forum gone?

Because of the severe lack of activity in the photoshop forum, it was removed. All the posts from that section are now in general discussion

Custom 68 09-22-2020 03:55 PM

Gotcha, I knew there was not much going on in there so I understand.
Dave

cwcarpenter98 09-22-2020 04:08 PM

Photoshops can still be requested in the general discussion forum though, so there probably is someone who can complete your request for you

Custom 68 09-22-2020 04:14 PM

I will throw it up.
Dave

jayoldschool 09-22-2020 04:29 PM

If you're just looking to play with colours, you can use PIXLR online. It's like an online (no install) version of Photoshop Elements. All the Photoshop Elements tutorials will apply.

Custom 68 09-22-2020 05:28 PM

Thanks Jay I will give it a look. I have already posted my photo but always like checking out different things. I am not familiar with using photoshop but will give it a try

special-K 09-23-2020 07:32 AM

It seems the members who were really good at it drifted away and that left us with a dead forum. Hopefully there are others who will see threads like yours and take a shot. It ain't me!

The Rocknrod 09-23-2020 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm getting pretty good at paint, see how I made him kind of 3-Dish?

Custom 68 09-23-2020 01:48 PM

When I shake my head around I can actually see him dance.
You are hired!
I did a little touch up with "paint" but it is nothing like I have seen on here before. They make it look easy a lower here, a new wheel there...
Dave

unclebrad 05-27-2021 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did anyone ever photoshop your truck? If not...

Custom 68 05-27-2021 02:34 PM

Unclebrad, that is exactly it. Thank you very much. I had given my hand at one of the online programs but didn't get it anywhere near that.
I appreciate it. I had almost decided to just go with it and give it a shot to change things up since it has been painted around 12 years. I just haven't had anytime to start but that will be what it would look like for sure.
again thanks,
Dave

yuccales 05-28-2021 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebrad (Post 8925575)
Did anyone ever photoshop your truck? If not...

Good work!

unclebrad 05-29-2021 09:21 PM

Thx

unclebrad 06-07-2021 11:50 AM

I'll check this thread once in a while to see if anyone has photoshop requests.

And I am sure there are other photoshop lovers out there, better than me, who might like the occasional challenge.

LONGHAIR 06-07-2021 05:31 PM

I used to do a lot of them several years ago, but a major PC melt-down stopped me for a while. Then after getting a replacement and getting pretty much everything reinstalled, my house was broken into and that one was stolen.
After that, I just took a break from pretty much everything internet.
I have only been back around for a little while and the laptop that I use now is not compatible with the old program that I am familiar with.

unclebrad 06-11-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 8929789)
I used to do a lot of them several years ago, but a major PC melt-down stopped me for a while. Then after getting a replacement and getting pretty much everything reinstalled, my house was broken into and that one was stolen.
I have only been back around for a little while and the laptop that I use now is not compatible with the old program that I am familiar with.

I am using Photoshop CS4, which is fairly old. It runs on Windows 10, but has a couple little quirks. I can live with them though.

You have probably already thought of this but in case you haven't, you could try using compatibility mode if you are using a PC with windows 10 and still have your program.

unclebrad 07-29-2021 12:36 PM

Nobody needing a virtual paint job or want to see different wheels, or...?

Liz 07-29-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Jim!

CG 07-29-2021 06:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Only picture I can find of one of the plaque designs I had made for all of you winners. Fun times for sure!!

Plus here is a Burb chop you did for another one of the contests we had ...

unclebrad 06-01-2022 10:53 AM

It has been a while. Still nobody interested in seeing their baby in a new color or with new wheels or something different?

LONGHAIR 06-01-2022 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I won one of the Photoshop contests with that 'burb.
The one I was most proud of was pirated by some jerk who claimed it as "his work". Seems to me that he changed the wheels or something? But the pic he was using as his "source" was not even a real truck. It was one that I had spent hours upon hours creating. I don't have the original truck pic anymore myself, because of the computer melt-down. I do have the final form, but only because of the archive feature of this forum.
There was no color-change or anything like that, this truck actually exists somewhere as a single cab. It took a lot of effort to stretch it into a crewcab, along with the complex background, and that's why the obtrusive logo is on there.

Liz 06-01-2022 08:54 PM

I remember that.

LT7A 06-02-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebrad (Post 9085846)
It has been a while. Still nobody interested in seeing their baby in a new color or with new wheels or something different?

It's cool that you're making the offer. Maybe start a new thread asking if somebody wants help with Photoshop in the title. And if you are photoshopping other things, you can show what you're working on, even if it's not a truck. That way people are reminded once in awhile that somebody could help them. I've got some ideas for my truck, but if you render them, it might look so cool that I'll spend money I don't have right now, haha.

unclebrad 06-03-2022 11:35 AM

That's a good suggestion.

Maybe we should start with your truck!? ;-)