The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The ‘Positive’ California ‘Thread’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=826771)

Chevyland 10-13-2021 01:26 PM

The ‘Positive’ California ‘Thread’

Just what it says
-
-
Trucks without rust

The weather

Disneyland

I’ve traveled to nearly every state
Once I have the conversation of where I’m from
Most people’s response is ‘ I’m sorry! ‘
They obviously don’t know about how great it is
Half the time they’ve never even been here

Cmon—-
Let’s here it
(Especially if you’ve actually been here)
Why is California so great

Ol Blue K20 10-13-2021 01:55 PM

Re: The ‘Positive’ California ‘Thread’

I'll come out of my corner for this Eric. I can be home in beautiful 80 to 100 degree weather without humidity. Then when I want to cool off and enjoy the scenery. I take a 2 & 1/2 hour drive and I'm sitting on the porch of my cabin in the Sierra mountains. I can't ask for more....

57taskforce 10-13-2021 01:55 PM

I’m in for San Diego, we got married in the big castle down there… My kids and wife are fond of Disney land… me; well, Mickey breaks it off in me every time:lol:

I do LOVE the scenery in California, you get it all, desert, mountains,beach. I always enjoy the yearly visit.

leddzepp 10-13-2021 01:57 PM

Beaches and mountains, I’ve surfed and snowboarded both in the same day (When I was younger, just to say I could :lol:)

Anything outdoors. I ride my bike literally every day.

If you’re into classic cars/trucks the culture here is phenomenal.

Food and drink variety. Whatever kind of food you can think of, there are fantastic restaurants that make it. Wineries and micro-brews.

Chevyland 10-13-2021 01:57 PM

If I really want to confuse people
I say

I live in
The best universe
On the best planet
On the best continent
In the best country
In the best state
In the best county
In the best town

They just shake their head
‘I’m not so sure about that’

AntiGov 10-13-2021 02:42 PM

In n Out ...... although they are getting closer to me now . 2 1/2 hrs to the closest one and had to wait for over 30 yrs for it . Lol

Stocker 10-13-2021 03:07 PM

My far northern California county has 14,000 people and 32,000 square miles of mountains, rivers, lakes, timber..... Clean fresh mountain air, four seasons with a mild climate..... If I draw my last breath here, I'll die a happy man.

Gotenntitans 10-13-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiGov (Post 8983463)
In n Out ...... although they are getting closer to me now . 2 1/2 hrs to the closest one and had to wait for over 30 yrs for it . Lol

My wife's grandmother moved from California to Arkansas in the 1930's, met her husband, and the two of them opened a wood-floor roller skating rink in the town where I live today. Someone in Grandma's family back in California opened a burger joint that eventually became the In n Out Burgers chain. Yeah.....my wife's cousins are multi-millionaires!

I've met some of them when they came to Arkansas for Grandma's funeral a few years back. Nice people. We're trying to get them to open one in Arkansas, but so far they say that its just not doable. I, personally, have never had an In n Out Burger, but I've always heard they were good. I'm a Whataburger guy, myself.

FleetsidePaul 10-13-2021 03:17 PM

I don't own a snow shovel. Never have.

I may be a little rusty but my cars aren't.

I may bag on California (a lot) But I admit that I do live in a beautiful place with nice weather.

Higher cost of living and a LOT of people living here causes people like myself to become frustrated and complain. But you can say that about any big state. Even some that aren't so big. It just depends on who lives there. A high population means a lot of stupid people are going to get in and try to take over. Sometimes they do it.

But California has a lot to offer. Great car shows, The Redwoods, The beaches, Hollywood if you want some action. Wine country, Santa Barbara or Carmel if you just want to chill. Great food. In N Out Burgers and Tommy's are the best. And I can't forget Bob's Big Boy in Burbank.

Or come to beautiful Lake Isabella and go fishing or rafting on the Kern River. I've heard that there's a guy with a 71 C/20 that lives there. Bring beer. :)

It's really not that bad here.

kingsolver72 10-13-2021 03:20 PM

Triple Aught Design. San Francisco. I own a dozen pair of their pants, half dozen shirts, a few jackets, one backpack and 7 hats. All their stuff is excellent quality.
I’ve never been to San Francisco. I did however visit L.A. back in the early 80s.
I went to throw an eyeball on M.I.
I think back then it was G.I.T.
I was wanting to go to school there but it didn’t pan out for me.

Kifaru in Wheat Ridge Co. make excellent backpacks too. I’ve read they’re berry compliant.

FleetsidePaul 10-13-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8983475)
Someone in Grandma's family back in California opened a burger joint that eventually became the In n Out Burgers chain. Yeah.....my wife's cousins are multi-millionaires!

I'll bet they are! From what I understand Lynsi Snyder (the grand daughter that inherited it all) is a billionaire.

The lines are always long at In N Out and they are fast. There's a lot of cooks in the kitchen cranking out those burgers and there's still a line. The demand is so high.

Now I want a Double Double Animal Style with fries. Dammit! :lol:

GOPAPA 10-13-2021 03:51 PM

Our son moved to California north of Santa Barbara ...married a nice girl . They live in a great weather area not far from the ocean in the midst of Solvang -Buelton-Danta Inez-Los Olivos towns . The wife and I enjoyed a anniversary in the outskirts of Santa Barbara eating out where John Kennedy and his wife spent their first anniversary at the San Ysidro Ranch ,, also where many old movie stars has their photos on the walls .. I like that feeling of walking where some of my old idols of yore walked..

Gotenntitans 10-13-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8983484)
I'll bet they are! From what I understand Lynsi Snyder (the grand daughter that inherited it all) is a billionaire.

The lines are always long at In N Out and they are fast. There's a lot of cooks in the kitchen cranking out those burgers and there's still a line. The demand is so high.

Now I want a Double Double Animal Style with fries. Dammit! :lol:

That's her. She didn't come to Arkansas for the funeral, but her mom (Lynda) and Aunt & Uncle did. Wifey is 53 now, so Lynsi is probably early 40's now. Wifey's grandmother was name Louella, or "Lou" for short. Lynsi's mother, Lynda's middle name is Lou, named for her Aunt from Arkansas.

Everybody's gotta know somebody who is kinda famous (or infamous). Not related to the California thread, but my father's grandmother (Edna Roxanna James) was born in the 1870's and came to Arkansas from Missouri. Her father, Robert James, was a cousin to Frank & Jesse James. They do not believe that he ever rode with them in any of their exploits. Edna died in 1974 at the age of 96. I remember her, my great-grandmother. She wrote poetry and was hard of hearing. Would like to talk with her today about the things she knew.....

FleetsidePaul 10-13-2021 04:36 PM

Santa Barbara is cool. My cousin lives there. She's got a big fully restored Victorian house right by the beach. It's beautiful. She's rich but she's really cool. Always a lot of fun to hang out there with her.

I need to get up there and see her.

DeadheadNM 10-13-2021 05:06 PM

Here's an ode

CG 10-13-2021 07:14 PM

Ive been to Cali a ton of times. Its really a great place to visit, and because I'm just a visitor I don't get caught up in the politics of Cali. Im a car guy and have been to many car "functions" down there. Although I have not been to the Peterson Museum yet, its on my list.

I think my favorite place is the Red Woods off 101. I have family in Eureka we see from time to time. So overall I would say Northern Cali is probably my favorite area.

yuccales 10-13-2021 07:20 PM

I really like California. I love northern California!

1970 CST Short Wide 10-13-2021 07:40 PM

Moved to Ca (Bay Area) from Iowa when I was 2 so it’s where I grew up. When young we went back to Iowa to visit family about evert 2 years. I traveled to a LOT of different states when worked and enjoyed seeing all the different scenery however it was always nice to come home. SF is an hour away if you dare, Tahoe is 3 hours, Reno 3 1/2. From my house at the top of my property I can see the Delta and be fishing within 45 min. I don’t get into politics, I say if they leave me alone I’ll leave them alone. I’m fortunate enough through good retirement planing to afford living here
Remember, “where ever you’re at, There you are” LOL

Low Elco 10-13-2021 08:03 PM

I've visited a few times, last time Feb. '18. Reno/Tahoe and SoCal. Great mountains up north, just stunning. Awesome car culture. Insane driving roads, I got to do both Mulhollands the last time and the Ortega hwy. I'm ticked I didn't cram in Angeles Crest. Super nice people. I met some bona fide Legends in the car community who couldn't have been nicer. I'm born/bred Midwest, but I love me some CA for a visit. Sorry, not on the in-n-out train. I dig their corporate culture and drag racing roots. Had it in Reno and that was the nastiest thing ever. Looking forward to Whataburger in KC!

Warrens69GMC 10-13-2021 08:04 PM

60% of the real women at the beach have Bikini bodies :D

72 tigger 10-13-2021 09:42 PM

Coronado island, Sequoia NP, in and out, great weather. I like to visit, couldn’t live there

kwmech 10-13-2021 10:12 PM

Calif native here, born in So Cal and now reside in Nor Cal for the past 40. Way I see it lately, is that anything 'positive' about Calif is systematically being outlawed by Newscum

Chevyland 10-13-2021 10:23 PM

Same here born in Southern California
Been in Northern California since 1969

So,
Is your plan to leave the state ?

Seems like that has been the fashion
Every 10 or 20 years for the past 100
Especially when real estate gets expensive

But the people keep coming

AntiGov 10-13-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwmech (Post 8983622)
Calif native here, born in So Cal and now reside in Nor Cal for the past 40. Way I see it lately, is that anything 'positive' about Calif is systematically being outlawed by Newscum

Our pos governor is no better

I'm from So Cal also , also lived in Newcastle , Weimar , Donner lake , and Truckee .

Been in the central Oregon high desert for 35 yrs now

Life does slow down when you get away from the 40,000,000 people...lol

Chevyland 10-13-2021 10:40 PM

Now now now
‘Positive thinking’

Has nothing to do with politics
California and Oregon
Are beautiful places
:bann: