The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hickey enterprises diff cover (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=806768)

Matt's k5 05-24-2020 06:40 PM

Hickey enterprises diff cover

1 Attachment(s)
Any Hickey experts out there? I've seen the finned aluminum diff cover ,but never a chrome plated one, it's thick too! Pulled it from a late 70s square body, rare?

Vicente Aceves 05-24-2020 08:14 PM

Re: Hickey enterprises diff cover

I’ve never seen one like that. But then again I just started looking for them about 6 months ago :)

I think in one of the old catalogs i saw online, the front diff cover was described as chrome. I’ll see if I can find it.

Vicente Aceves 05-24-2020 08:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is what I was talking about.

C10Nate1967 06-12-2021 10:07 PM

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Matt's k5 08-26-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c10nate1967 (Post 8931827)
please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to what its worth, want to buy, want to trade, and for sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

if you need any further assistance with that please contact any admin for help.

this cover was not listed for sale or whats its worth a simple question to ask if anyone seen one before or if its rare. Thanks

hemi43 08-26-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt's k5 (Post 9117082)
this cover was not listed for sale or whats its worth a simple question to ask if anyone seen one before or if its rare. Thanks

I was going to mention the same thing.
Getting tiresome with the Gestapo being worried if something gets sold here without them making a few Reichsmarks.

Make businesses pay for memberships, not individuals trying to sell $5 parts they have laying around.

truckster 08-26-2022 04:53 PM

Weird... it's a user with one post. I would guess a troll.

72gmguy 08-26-2022 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C10Nate1967 (Post 8931827)
Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

I think that was directed at c10nate who probably said something about buying it. Just a guess.

hemi43 08-26-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72gmguy (Post 9117147)
I think that was directed at c10nate who probably said something about buying it. Just a guess.

Maybe so, but I as well as others sure don't want to be micro-managed especially on a forum dedicated to a hobby. I get enough of that from my Government.

72gmguy 08-26-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi43 (Post 9117174)
Maybe so, but I as well as others sure don't want to be micro-managed especially on a forum dedicated to a hobby. I get enough of that from my Government.

I can understand that but I’ve been on other forums where moderators just don’t care what happens and no one follows any rules and they always turn into garbage sites. This is a great forum because of the way it’s run. Like someone above mentioned, the poster had one post and probably said something they shouldn’t have.

To the original poster, that’s a nice piece and dont be discouraged. You didn’t do anything wrong. Keep on truckin!

hemi43 08-26-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72gmguy (Post 9117186)
I can understand that but I’ve been on other forums where moderators just don’t care what happens and no one follows any rules and they always turn into garbage sites. This is a great forum because of the way it’s run. Like someone above mentioned, the poster had one post and probably said something they shouldn’t have.

To the original poster, that’s a nice piece and dont be discouraged. You didn’t do anything wrong. Keep on truckin!

Oh yeah, totally agree! Amazing the great members this place has. Lots of knowledgeable folks and never any arguing. Mods are doing a great job even though I don't agree with them preventing us from selling items to each other, especially when most of us are just selling nickel&dime stuff we have laying around.
Pretty certain it was a troll that posted the warning.
Have a great weekend!

C10Nate1967 08-26-2022 07:06 PM

I’m not sure what happened there think I was hacked or something. This is my hobby too. I messaged on this thread awhile back because I am interested. I am a hickey enterprises nut lol. Sorry for the weird comment. That was not me.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeadheadNM 08-26-2022 07:41 PM

Craigslist is free. Or what’s the other one? Kijjjjjjjiiiijijifjt or some such?:lol:

hemi43 08-27-2022 09:34 AM

I see what happened.
C10Nate must have posted something that violated the WTB rules, and "LockDoc" edited his post.
Not cool IMO, especially since it was C10Nate's first post.
The owner of this site really needs to change this stupid policy and just force BUSINESSES to become paying members if they want to sell here, not individuals.
Great site, dumbass rule!

DeadheadNM 08-27-2022 10:02 AM

Another idea - create your own website and offer all the equitable free social services you choose.

hemi43 08-27-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9117387)
Another idea - create your own website and offer all the equitable free social services you choose.

You mean like just about every other car forum out there with a "wanted" or "for sale" section? Great idea!

cwcarpenter98 08-28-2022 12:25 AM

Alright, let's clear some things up here.

To start off, if anyone has comments or feedback on the site, there's a specific section to provide feedback: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...splay.php?f=34
Please do not hijack someone else's thread with your complaints about the site, even if it's related to the thread.

C10Nate1967 posted a reply back in 2021 asking if Matt's k5 was selling the diff cover. Fellow staff member LockDoc appropriately edited C10Nate's post to reflect the site rule that was broken.

Over a year later, Matt's k5 clarifies the intention of the original post. That's fine, no problems there. It does bring the thread back to the top though, so the thread gets some new views.

Then hemi43 compares the site moderators to Nazis. That's not cool. We are not Nazis.
Forum moderators volunteer time out of their day to help keep the site running smoothly. We do it out of the love for Chevy and GMC trucks and the desire to see this valuable knowledge base continue.
We don't want this site to turn into a garbage site, so we do what is needed to make sure that doesn't happen.

Please take some time to refresh yourself on the rules we have in place:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...t.php?f=93&a=9
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/....php?f=93&a=17
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...t.php?f=93&a=8

To Matt's k5: I apologize that your thread has gone down this route. I hope that won't deter you from continuing to use this site.

That is all for tonight.
Thanks,
Christian

hemi43 08-28-2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 (Post 9117711)
Alright, let's clear some things up here.

To start off, if anyone has comments or feedback on the site, there's a specific section to provide feedback: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...splay.php?f=34
Please do not hijack someone else's thread with your complaints about the site, even if it's related to the thread.

C10Nate1967 posted a reply back in 2021 asking if Matt's k5 was selling the diff cover. Fellow staff member LockDoc appropriately edited C10Nate's post to reflect the site rule that was broken.

Over a year later, Matt's k5 clarifies the intention of the original post. That's fine, no problems there. It does bring the thread back to the top though, so the thread gets some new views.

Then hemi43 compares the site moderators to Nazis. That's not cool. We are not Nazis.
Forum moderators volunteer time out of their day to help keep the site running smoothly. We do it out of the love for Chevy and GMC trucks and the desire to see this valuable knowledge base continue.
We don't want this site to turn into a garbage site, so we do what is needed to make sure that doesn't happen.

Please take some time to refresh yourself on the rules we have in place:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...t.php?f=93&a=9
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/....php?f=93&a=17
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...t.php?f=93&a=8

To Matt's k5: I apologize that your thread has gone down this route. I hope that won't deter you from continuing to use this site.

That is all for tonight.
Thanks,
Christian

Then change the policy and add a "for sale" section! Most other forums have this.
No one will become a member to sell one item, so that item ends up remaining a barn to rot and the person needing that part goes without.

BTW, this thread was highjacked when Lockdoc changed C10Nate's post.
Do what's right and add a for sale section.

Moving on from this to more important things.

Josh 08-28-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi43 (Post 9117369)
I see what happened.
C10Nate must have posted something that violated the WTB rules, and "LockDoc" edited his post.
Not cool IMO, especially since it was C10Nate's first post.
The owner of this site really needs to change this stupid policy and just force BUSINESSES to become paying members if they want to sell here, not individuals.
Great site, dumbass rule!

Perhaps you should consider this site is partially great becuase we do charge for ads? We cut out the riff raff, scammers, etc. Before we instituted the pay to sell policy the sheer amount of scams and ripoff artists was a huge problem. Businesses do pay, as do individuals who wish to profit themselves. I have to add, you can dislike a rule without being disrespectful. We get enough hate from trolls and others.

This place is also a huge time sink and financial cost to run. We did this so we didnt have ads every other post, click bait spam, etc. The members themselves fund its operation so that it can be what it is.

Josh

DaHos 08-29-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (Post 9117835)
Perhaps you should consider this site is partially great becuase we do charge for ads? We cut out the riff raff, scammers, etc. Before we instituted the pay to sell policy the sheer amount of scams and ripoff artists was a huge problem. Businesses do pay, as do individuals who wish to profit themselves. I have to add, you can dislike a rule without being disrespectful. We get enough hate from trolls and others.

This place is also a huge time sink and financial cost to run. We did this so we didnt have ads every other post, click bait spam, etc. The members themselves fund its operation so that it can be what it is.

Josh

Thank you !