The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=384900)

aggie91 09-09-2010 01:23 PM

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping to go over to Belle Rose and see you run that truck. If you go, good luck to you! Hope it is not too bad on your wallet to fix it for next year.

fryer1979 09-17-2010 05:40 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing the story of your pickup Regan. It was very cool to see its evolution into the strip machine it is today. Sorry to read about your luck this year. Hopefully the road to recovery will be as quick and painless as possible. I'll be pullin for a better year for you in 2011.

Moostifer 09-22-2010 12:28 PM

sorry bout BigBlue Regan... miss hanging with you & "The Flasher"! We need to hit El Charo and do some some bench racing... it's on me

regan wilson 11-08-2010 07:24 PM

The Big Blue Truck will be back soon . We start in Feb in Belle Rose . I'll give a breakdown of the season later .

djracer 11-09-2010 12:01 AM

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gobbles 11-18-2010 03:25 PM

That was an epic story, very motivating to get my ride moving. Awesome.

aggie91 12-04-2010 09:50 PM

Talked to Rany Ramo (his son Blake and my son Korbin go to school together) the other day, he mentioned that the Belle Rose event has been moved to May. His Dad mentioned your motor is still at the engine builder's shop.

Besides the motor are you doing anything else with the truck over the winter?

royo 12-05-2010 09:48 PM

OH man nice ride! Looks like a life time love affair

chev-obsession 12-06-2010 02:12 AM

cool story and nice color!

regan wilson 12-06-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 4331399)
Talked to Rany Ramo (his son Blake and my son Korbin go to school together) the other day, he mentioned that the Belle Rose event has been moved to May. His Dad mentioned your motor is still at the engine builder's shop.

Besides the motor are you doing anything else with the truck over the winter?

I should be picking everything up this week . That will give me plenty of time to reassemble the motor . I got lucky , all we had to do is cut the block .005 and the heads .005 and do a valve job .(and buy 4 pistons when I only needed one) . Other than tearing the tranny down thats gonna be it . I would like to do a tubular Camaro type front sub but I dont have 5 or 6 grand to throw at it now . Since they moved the Belle Rose race our first one will be March 3rd in Houston .

legendary 12-19-2010 12:22 PM

Regan, you are living the dream - I am very moved by your story. I hope you come back to Atlanta, I want to see that baby run in person

regan wilson 02-23-2011 06:46 PM

The Blue Truck came back to life today ! We will be back in action March 4-6 at Houston Raceway Park ..... Needless to say I'm a little pumped ! I haven't driven it since last summer .

ripdog28 02-23-2011 07:40 PM

I think im as excited as a reader can be. Never knew anyone with a 655ci. DAYMN.

FRENCHBLUE72 02-23-2011 08:46 PM

Very cool she is back alive congrats..

VA72C10 02-23-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 4508295)
The Blue Truck came back to life today ! We will be back in action March 4-6 at Houston Raceway Park ..... Needless to say I'm a little pumped ! I haven't driven it since last summer .

Cool! Let the story continue :bo2::burnout:

CVA59 02-23-2011 09:39 PM

Hey Regan. Guess we are neighbors, LOL. I live in Longview. I raced at Hallsville for many years. I have seen you around the tracks but just now found your thread. You have a super nice truck and i can't wait to see it back in action again. Too bad Hallsville is now leveled. That was a great place back in the day.

djracer 02-23-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 4334010)
I should be picking everything up this week . That will give me plenty of time to reassemble the motor . I got lucky , all we had to do is cut the block .005 and the heads .005 and do a valve job .(and buy 4 pistons when I only needed one) . Other than tearing the tranny down thats gonna be it . I would like to do a tubular Camaro type front sub but I dont have 5 or 6 grand to throw at it now . Since they moved the Belle Rose race our first one will be March 3rd in Houston .

I'm glad you got it back running. You may want to see how Paul Baxters new front end setup works. I think it would be allot less than 5 or 6 Grand.

aggie91 02-28-2011 03:10 PM

Good luck this weekend! Glad to hear you got it running! When is the racemin belle rose, la?
Posted via Mobile Device

regan wilson 03-11-2011 08:33 AM

Aggie we will be in Belle Rose next week March 18-20 . Houston Didnt go well we got two hits on Friday then we got rained and winded out Sat . I had the bad luck of being the second pair down a cold green track Sun morning . I had my guy by .027 on the tree and should been 10.90 or .91 but got about 900 ft out and just blew the tires off of it ! I tried 3 times to roll back in it but it was just getting stupid . The end result was another shure round win down the drain and the first time I have lost 1st round since the summer of 09

djracer 03-11-2011 08:45 AM

Regan I hate you got bit by a bad track. You would think NHRA could do better than that. Good luck at Belle Rose.

aggie91 03-11-2011 05:34 PM

I will have to see what I can do about getting over to LA next weekend. With baseball going on, we might not get to leave here until about lunch time on Saturday. Hope your weekend over there is better than Houston.

aggie91 03-30-2011 05:24 PM

I talked to Randy Ramo on that Saturday morning of the Belle Rose weekend. I did not realize it was that far from Longview. Maybe when yall are racing at Ennis I can get there...

How did you do in Belle Rose?

regan wilson 04-14-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 4589167)
I talked to Randy Ramo on that Saturday morning of the Belle Rose weekend. I did not realize it was that far from Longview. Maybe when yall are racing at Ennis I can get there...

How did you do in Belle Rose?

We will be in Ennis this weekend April 15th - 17th .

aggie91 04-20-2011 03:20 PM

It was cool to hang out with you and the Owen's crew this past Saturday. How do you do on Sunday?
Posted via Mobile Device

regan wilson 04-21-2011 06:38 AM

Yea man glad you and your boys came by . Jason was runner up but I didnt do any good . I had a couple of good runs saturday but for some reason the truck didnt move when it came the trans brake 1st round . This resulted in a 60 ft that was over a tenth off and me having an .070 something light . The truck is gonna get parked for awhile . I need a break and it the truck needs some revamping .