The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   MANES Truck Parts Review (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=811871)

conoco 09-12-2020 09:48 PM

MANES Truck Parts Review
 
So I just happened to fined MANES Truck Parts website and I have been wondering where it has been all my life. I have to use multiple vendors because some either don't ship to Alaska or the price is ridiculous! Because FEDEX doesn't come to Alaska EVER LOL. I digress,

I just order some stuff from MANES, the rockers that I needed they had and shipping was pretty damn good. I do however wish they posted what gauge thickness the floor extensions are. They have a lot of awesome parts that I need right now. I was just curious if anyone has used this vendor. They seem squared away. I was looking at brothers just out of curiosity and came to the realization that I would rather spend 300 dollars more in shipping than purchase anything from them. ( There reviews are horrendous) anyway anyone have some input? Thanks everyone.

Andy4639 09-12-2020 10:07 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
I use them all the time. Nice folks.:chevy:

conoco 09-12-2020 10:10 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
Awesome!! They looked pretty awesome. I'm glad I gave my money to them. Thank you for the response.

LockDoc 09-12-2020 10:10 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by conoco (Post 8807280)
So I just happened to fined MANES Truck Parts website and I have been wondering where it has been all my life. I have to use multiple vendors because some either don't ship to Alaska or the price is ridiculous! Because FEDEX doesn't come to Alaska EVER LOL. I digress,

I just order some stuff from MANES, the rockers that I needed they had and shipping was pretty damn good. I do however wish they posted what gauge thickness the floor extensions are. They have a lot of awesome parts that I need right now. I was just curious if anyone has used this vendor. They seem squared away. I was looking at brothers just out of curiosity and came to the realization that I would rather spend 300 dollars more in shipping than purchase anything from them. ( There reviews are horrendous) anyway anyone have some input? Thanks everyone.


Early on in my truck building career (so to speak) I bought a lot of parts from them. They were right on my way when I went to Texas and I would always stop and pick up the stuff on my way home. Family operation, great people and almost always had what I needed. Then they moved East off of the beaten path and I quit going there. The first time I couldn't find them and it kind of turned me off.

I then found a small parts dealer fairly close to me and started buying parts from him.

I don't think you can go wrong with Manes....

LockDoc

gmc684x4 09-13-2020 01:11 AM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
I Live in The Yukon I can understand that

I find so many companies go funny like I asked them to send me sanctioned materials to Iran the moment i say Canada many give a ludicrous shipping price

I can say dealing with Summit racing Brothers trucks Lmc Year One and Rock Auto the truck shops are will ship some of them though the shipping price has sky rocketed I rarely order from Lmc any more

Large heavy parts like panels drums etc i usually buy locally since shipping can be a big cost increase

Killer Bee 09-13-2020 02:06 AM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
who's been hiding this place from me??

looking at the map, they're right off I-70 between Bates City and Odessa..

I drove right past them several times during my recent visit home..

definitely be stopping be next time I'm back at the farm..

just threw this shirt in the laundry - been eating at Bates City BBQ just about from their beginning :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/bxz1ur75iug...37356.jpg?dl=0

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 09-13-2020 09:31 AM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
Agree, Manes is real good. Sometimes used OEM too, they sold me a BBC heat stove and pipe.

tristan 09-13-2020 10:55 AM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
I have had good luck with Manes. They stock some hard to find items that others don't and I scored a pair of extreme bend tow hooks there also.

'68OrangeSunshine 09-13-2020 04:06 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
I've never heard of them, except on this site recently. What I have heard was all good.
Could somebody post their website link or email address? I'd like to check them out.

bow-tie-bandit 09-13-2020 04:17 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
I also bought some extreme bend hooks from them. I received them quickly and they were as described and pictured. Here is there web site address. https://www.manestruckparts.com/index.cfm

BROWN 70 09-13-2020 06:24 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
they also carry some used oem parts. i bought 2 used oem hood hinges. rivets are tight and they are good used. very happy with manes. BROWN 70

Boog 09-13-2020 07:55 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
This is the first I've ever heard of them.

Joesjunk 09-13-2020 10:27 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
I have been friends with the owner (Ron Manes) for years. Him and his wife run the business, just the two of them. Excellent people!

'68OrangeSunshine 09-13-2020 10:40 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bow-tie-bandit (Post 8807572)
I also bought some extreme bend hooks from them. I received them quickly and they were as described and pictured. Here is there web site address. https://www.manestruckparts.com/index.cfm

Thanks for the link. I already sent someone their way today.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 09-14-2020 10:56 PM

Re: MANES Truck Parts Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joesjunk (Post 8807753)
I have been friends with the owner (Ron Manes) for years. Him and his wife run the business, just the two of them. Excellent people!

I've spoken to both, mostly her. I recall old school matter of fact and friendly.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2020 67-72chevytrucks.com