The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Lunch box (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=813419)

The Ohioian 11-02-2021 04:05 PM

Re: Lunch box

1 Attachment(s)
Got two new sofas for the wife. Don’t forget the fabric! No one asked any questions when I bought them with no fabric! Unpacked the box to foam and frame. So I rode the Wife’s blue oval back down. The truck sure does feel faster.

The Ohioian 11-04-2021 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a new tailgate and passenger mirror
Posted via Mobile Device

The Ohioian 12-29-2021 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I went and blew all the cash I was planning to use on the frame and a modern engine. But getting into the woods is important to me.

My wife doesn’t like the new bike in the lunch box. I haven’t had time to build a trailer but it makes the journey even better that the hot rod gets me to the trailhead. Hopefully it doesn’t disappear into the hallows of southern Ohio over night.

Palf70Step 12-29-2021 11:15 AM

Natural looking pair!

The Ohioian 05-06-2022 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Driving daily to work! Working on dents with a hammer and dolly and primer the bare metal.

Palf70Step 05-06-2022 02:21 PM

Just love the look of a squarebody step. Yours is looking great. :metal:

LT7A 05-09-2022 12:55 PM

Sharp little truck. You're making good progress. It doesn't look like the sealer on your fire wall is as thick as I'm used to seeing. Also doesn't look like it has adhered very well. That might be the reason for your unusual leak, despite it being kept in a garage.

The Ohioian 05-10-2022 01:17 PM

I know right!

The cowl behind the fire wall seems to be one of the hardest places to fix. Grinding there throws metal around places it should not be; plus its not the best place to learn to weld. Thanks for the positive words.

The Ohioian 06-06-2022 09:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I bought some hitch stock from the first street yard 12.50 a foot. Welded me up a nice little receiver. I did not like anything that was out there as most are made for a bumper. The project took way to long but it turned out nice. Learned a lot welding it myself and utilized the factory holes.

The Ohioian 07-15-2022 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I built a debacle of a boat trailer should’ve started from scratch but I used somebody else’s piece of junk it pulls straight. Doesn’t bounce too much with the weight of the boats. The lunchbox and it’s new receiver and Hitch didn’t break off but she’s got awful short wheelbase for Towing. the transmission got hot and didn’t like first I think the only fix for that is the scrap yard.

The Ohioian 09-20-2022 10:42 AM

It turns out that the clutch needed adjustment that fixed first gear not wanting to go in when hot.

I took a spring out of the trailer rides better yet.

I had been struggling with the q-jet that turned out not setting the electric choke stone cold.

Sold my Yukon and ordered a 2022 6.2 Silverado black on black its in the garage, can't believe how much faster a new truck is. lunch box is my daily and still force my wife to ride it on date nights. Nothing beats a manual with an exhaust note rattling down the road sometimes I think that's just me.

The Ohioian 06-09-2023 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, so the clutch had become worse with every mile and by the time winter was in full swing she had to be turned off to change gears. I did what every hot rodder does and bought me a beater for the snow and salt put the lunch box in the back of the lot and let it set.

There was a few times on a nice day I would go out and ponder why. Remember it getting hot that was the beginning of the failed driveline. I would adjust the rod to the clutch fork and it would go bad in a few hundred miles. Then tens of miles. Finally it wouldn't make it home. This week we moved the lunch box into the garage for some love and up grades.

The Ohioian 06-09-2023 10:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
When I would really romp on the truck it would pop out of gear in third gear. The saginaw is the weakest link right now. It has to go. I know everyone of my friends say it also you need a more modern driveline. Nope what I need is to keep on practicing what I got so that I can drive it.

We bought a muncie 4 speed. this is the motivation I needed to get in there and find out why the clutch was failing.

Getter-Done 06-09-2023 10:08 PM

I like your truck.

There is nothing like a new Clutch.:metal:

Only thing better than that.

Is a New Windshield that does not have all the Gravel chips in it.:chevy::chevy::chevy:

The Ohioian 06-09-2023 10:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I found the problem the clutch fork migrated somehow and broke

The Ohioian 06-09-2023 10:13 PM

The clutch only has a couple thousand on it. I going to put that muncie in and swap the fork and see what happens!

Getter-Done 06-09-2023 10:27 PM

Wow
That has 2 cracks.
Is that a Original or Aftermarket fork?

The Ohioian 06-15-2023 11:33 AM

Everything thing is back together and going down the road nicely. I wonder if the Z bar has too much throw. Its all from a Camaro except the pedal assembly which is out of a 79 dump truck..

I am blaming the forks quality of steel! but it does have a long way to travel.

LT7A 09-27-2023 02:02 PM

2 thumbs up for the Muncie 4 speed!

Shifty One 09-29-2023 03:05 PM

:chevy: