The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Restoring Rusty (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=645440)

GRAY GOOSE 08-30-2019 10:49 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty

Those hose clamps are brutal!!!~!!!~

kipps 08-30-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8584787)
can someone explain to me please how one cuts his forearm by putting water in the radiator, LOL

Look at it this way. If you rank injuries by how little they hurt while simultaneously looking badass, cuts on the forearm are top of the list!

Gregski 08-30-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipps (Post 8584945)
Look at it this way. If you rank injuries by how little they hurt while simultaneously looking badass, cuts on the forearm are top of the list!

well shoot in that case I'm going back in for one more, LOL

mongocanfly 08-30-2019 08:54 PM

Cut?...what cut?...that's just a scratch for me....I usually get real cuts doing the simplistic things...

Gregski 08-31-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8585031)
Cut?...what cut?...that's just a scratch for me....I usually get real cuts doing the simplistic things...

Ha ha, my people!

Chaplain 08-31-2019 07:07 PM

Thumbs up...

4x4chase 09-26-2019 09:43 AM

AND!!

Thoughts, Input, Comments for anyone who is thinking of doing a swap like this???

Was it worth it?

Gregski 09-26-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4chase (Post 8599553)
AND!!

Thoughts, Input, Comments for anyone who is thinking of doing a swap like this???

Was it worth it?

OMG 1,000 x Yes! and way easier than I thought

easier starts
better MPG
no leaks
no noises
better feedback more data more gauges
overdrive 75 MPH @ 2100 RPM
more power / more power potential

RDrancher 09-26-2019 11:05 AM

So I don't pay attention for a bit and Rusty goes LS. Oh, the humanity! (insert slightly tilted head with winking eye and sarcastic just kidding grin smiley here)

Gregski 09-26-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDrancher (Post 8599604)
So I don't pay attention for a bit and Rusty goes LS. Oh, the humanity! (insert slightly tilted head with winking eye and sarcastic just kidding grin smiley here)

LOL, it's what you get when you leave The Greg unsupervised, ha ha, reminds me of a time my wife went to Vegas for a girls weekend out, somehow my seventh motorcycle showed up in my garage, :bike:

Gregski 10-07-2019 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LS Truck doing LS Truck things

MikeB 10-10-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDrancher (Post 8599604)

Yeah, really! What the heck happened to those multiple Gen I small blocks?

Hope the LS thing is going well. Which trans are you running now?

MikeB 10-10-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8562366)
yeah I also hear Californians move to a new state like Texas or Colorado and slowly start turning that place into California 👎🏼

And that was probably only some of their their equity in the CA house!

Prices are going nuts out here in North Texas, but still way less than CA. I'm looking to move to a more rural area north of Fort Worth where they are building new 2400-3000 sq ft homes on 0.5-0.7 acre lots for around $150-$160 sq ft, including 3-car garages. 3-4 years ago it would have been $120/ft.

A good thing is the city ordinances allow "outbuildings" such as 2-car garages behind the house. :)

Gregski 10-11-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8607350)
Yeah, really! What the heck happened to those multiple Gen I small blocks?

practically gave them away, sold the original '74 four bolt main to some kid who's rebuilt 383 stroker got stolen, and sold the '99 Suburban roller cam block to some other guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8607350)
Hope the LS thing is going well. Which trans are you running now?

absolutely loving the 4.8L and running the 4L60e behind it, they came as a set and I didn't want to complicate things, this being my first LS Swap, but you know I prefer a stick

Gregski 10-11-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8607357)
Prices are going nuts out here in North Texas, but still way less than CA. I'm looking to move to a more rural area north of Fort Worth where they are building new 2400-3000 sq ft homes on 0.5-0.7 acre lots for around $150-$160 sq ft, including 3-car garages. 3-4 years ago it would have been $120/ft.

watch out for HOAs (Home Owner Associations) latest thing in Sacramento is the city is trying to pass a law restricting home owners from wrenching on their on cars in their own garages, mother _________!!!

MikeB 10-11-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8607599)
watch out for HOAs (Home Owner Associations) latest thing in Sacramento is the city is trying to pass a law restricting home owners from wrenching on their on cars in their own garages, mother _________!!!

I know a guy who lives in a subdivision where you can't work on a car in your own garage. Absolutely nuts! God forbid you open you hood to check fluid levels.

And my daughter just bought a house where cars can't be parked overnight on the street. Not sure what that means for overnight guests.

I definitely will read any HOA rules, but they tend to be minimal or non-existent in semi-rural areas where homes are built on 0.5-2 acres lots.

hatzie 10-11-2019 01:25 PM

My advice to anyone is to avoid buying property in an HOA altogether. IMHO They're a petty dictatorship put in place by developers that want to direct the use of and continue to collect rent from property they no longer own.

If properties in an HOA become more difficult to sell it'll kill them off.

I have two pieces of property spanning a road outside of town. No bloody zoning and no bloody HOA.

I can maintain my machinery in the driveway, barn, or garage or on the bloody lawn if I feel like it. I restrict this activity to the barn and garage for the most part but I don't have to. If the tractor, mower, baler, etc dies in the meadow I can fix it and continue mowing or baling without some officious jackwagon being able to tell me I have to get it flat-bedded to Haverhill for their brother in law to fix at $200/hr.

If I feel like replacing the roofs or the garage doors or barn doors or replace the siding or windows or re-surface the driveway, or plant trees, or plant firethorn and thornapple along the rear and sides of my property I don't have to ask some bloody wanker from an HOA, city, town, county, or state for permission and pay them a bribe to allow it.

I could let the bloody barn or garage or house fall down or all three if I wanted to. I could denude the property to the dirt by spraying herbicide on all of the grass, cut every tree and shrub to the ground right up to the property lines and push the buildings into a hole for a big ole weenie roast if I felt like it.
I wouldn't do that because it would cost me a bunch of property value and where would I put my stuff... but no bloody nanny can tell me I can't.

It's called freedom. You folks that live under petty dictators should try it out. It might grow on you.

Gregski 10-11-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8607703)
My advice to anyone is to avoid buying property in an HOA altogether. They're a petty dictatorship put in place by developers that want to direct the use of and continue to collect rent from property they no longer own.

If properties in an HOA become more difficult to sell it'll kill them off.

I have two pieces of property spanning a road outside of town. No bloody zoning and no bloody HOA.

I can maintain my machinery in the driveway, barn, or garage or on the bloody lawn if I feel like it. I restrict this activity to the barn and garage for the most part but I don't have to. If the tractor, mower, baler, etc dies in the meadow I can fix it and continue mowing or baling without some officious jackwagon being able to tell me I have to get it flat-bedded to Haverhill for their brother in law to fix at $200/hr.

If I feel like replacing the roofs or the garage doors or barn doors or replace the siding or windows or re-surface the driveway, or plant trees, or plant firethorn and thornapple along the rear and sides of my property I don't have to ask some bloody wanker from an HOA, city, town, county, or state for permission and pay them a bribe to allow it.

I could let the bloody barn or garage or house fall down or all three if I wanted to. I could denude the property to the dirt by spraying herbicide on all of the grass, cut every tree and shrub to the ground right up to the property lines and push the buildings into a hole for a big ole weenie roast if I felt like it.
I wouldn't do that because it would cost me a bunch of property value and where would I put my stuff... but no bloody nanny can tell me I can't.

It's called freedom. You folks that live under petty dictators should try it out. It might grow on you.

can I get an AMEN!

MikeB 10-11-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8607703)

Maybe you wouldn't do it, but others would. I can say from past experience that it only takes one trashy neighbor to ruin the entire neighborhood.

I have no problems with some entity telling us to keep the trim painted and the grass cut and trimmed, but city or county ordinances can take care of that. That's how it used to be back before HOAs.:(

hatzie 10-11-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8607854)
Maybe you wouldn't do it, but others would. I can say from past experience that it only takes one trashy neighbor to ruin the entire neighborhood.

I have no problems with some entity telling us to keep the trim painted and the grass cut and trimmed, but city or county ordinances can take care of that. That's how it used to be back before HOAs.:(

I don't care if my neighbor has 40 junk cars and trucks behind the barn. They can have 100 tanks and Bradley armored vehicles or a used up tractor trailer collection for all I care.

I double don't care if they keep the bloody trim painted and what colors they choose for the buildings on their property. Whether they keep the lawn cut is none of my bloody business either.

Telling someone else how to live isn't real high on my list. It's not even on my list. I have enough of my own problems. I don't have time to keep track of my neighbors activities and I wouldn't if I had the time.
It's none of my bloody business.

If you have enough leisure time that you can worry about the neighbors activities, how they paint the buildings on their property, and how they keep their yard you need to find something else to occupy your time.:lol:

I live in a very rural area so I don't have to worry about people that have that kind of free time complaining to some officious jackwagon about me changing my own motor and transmission oil and taking the results to the local garage to burn for heat instead of pouring it on the ground.

MikeB 10-11-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8607882)
I don't care if my neighbor has 40 junk cars and trucks behind the barn. They can have 100 tanks and Bradley armored vehicles or a used up tractor trailer collection for all I care.

I double don't care if they keep the bloody trim painted and what colors they choose for the buildings on their property. Whether they keep the lawn cut is none of my bloody business either.

Well, OK then.

Ad Cam 10-12-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8607599)

I'd keep on wrenching and lawyer up.

Gregski 10-12-2019 03:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
meanwhile... after 5 years of dealing with an annoyingly whistling DOOR, I took my buddy Mopar Seth to lunch one day and he in 5 seconds goes, hey your triangle's making funny noises and nailed down the source of the problem

Gregski 11-19-2019 11:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I know this is silly, but it has bugged me for 5 years so here's how I finally narrowed it down

Gregski 11-19-2019 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and having tried to fix it from the inside, this is how I drive around now, what a hack?