The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best complete short bed options w/wood floor (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=828280)

MDFarms 11-29-2021 09:39 PM

Best complete short bed options w/wood floor

OPINIONS PLEASE: Who has the best after market complete Short box wide body with Wood floor? Lets here the good and bad from experienced buyers.

What would brand would you use?

67C10Step 11-29-2021 09:53 PM

Re: Best complete short bed options w/wood floor

3 Attachment(s)
I bought this whole bed (except fenders and steps) from Mar K. Top notch all the way around and it all fit quite well. If I had to do it again I would buy from them again. I live close enough that I picked it up at their place in OKC.

jimer1964 11-29-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 9001457)
I bought this whole bed (except fenders and steps) from Mar K. Top notch all the way around and it all fit quite well. If I had to do it again I would buy from them again. I live close enough that I picked it up at their place in OKC.

Nice looking bed and floor. The whole Truck looks Great!

special-K 12-02-2021 06:51 AM

As far as I know, there is only one company making reproduction Fleetsides.

GMCPaul 12-02-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9002265)
As far as I know, there is only one company making reproduction Fleetsides.

There are multiple manufacturers of almost every Fleetside bed part, some parts only have 2 manufacturers, other parts have as many as 5-6 manufacturers. The only part that has only 1 manufacturer is the Custom 16" wide rear wheelhouses.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls

Grumpy old man 12-02-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCPaul (Post 9002270)
There are multiple manufacturers of almost every Fleetside bed part, some parts only have 2 manufacturers, other parts have as many as 5-6 manufacturers. The only part that has only 1 manufacturer is the Custom 16" wide rear wheelhouses.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls

So who are they ? Which are you selling ? put an end to this constant question ? :smoke:

MDFarms 12-02-2021 08:59 AM

Yeh I would like to know opinions and manufactures.

GMCPaul 12-02-2021 10:47 AM

Tri-Plus and Apex are the 2 main manufacturers of quality Fleetside bed parts when sourced from the correct suppliers. Our primary suppliers for these manufacturers of the Fleetside bed parts are Key Parts, Dynacorn and Woodall Industries. The manufacturers though will stamp products in different gauges of steel for other suppliers importing the parts which is why we stick with the 3 we use as they all specify original gauge steel or heavier when ordering a production run of a part. We don't keep a record of every manufacturer of every part just the quality manufacturers.
There is maybe around 5% of all parts available for these that have only 1 manufacturer and in those cases it primarily new products that were not already being reproduced. But it doesn't stay that way for long. Until last year only Apex made the Blazer Cargo Floor and only source was Woodall Industries then Key Parts and Dynacorn got involved and have since started making those Blazer parts that had only 1 source such as the cargo floors, etc.....and other parts for the trucks. When it comes to small parts there can be a dozen or more manufacturers of the part with varying quality among-st them.
Well back to packaging and shipping now I'm behind and gotta get caught up. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls

DaHos 12-02-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDFarms (Post 9001446)
OPINIONS PLEASE: Who has the best after market complete Short box wide body with Wood floor? Lets here the good and bad from experienced buyers.

What would brand would you use?

Give me a shout, have them in stock....you could come down and take a look.

special-K 12-04-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCPaul (Post 9002438)
Tri-Plus and Apex are the 2 main manufacturers of quality Fleetside bed parts when sourced from the correct suppliers. Our primary suppliers for these manufacturers of the Fleetside bed parts are Key Parts, Dynacorn and Woodall Industries. The manufacturers though will stamp products in different gauges of steel for other suppliers importing the parts which is why we stick with the 3 we use as they all specify original gauge steel or heavier when ordering a production run of a part. We don't keep a record of every manufacturer of every part just the quality manufacturers.
There is maybe around 5% of all parts available for these that have only 1 manufacturer and in those cases it primarily new products that were not already being reproduced. But it doesn't stay that way for long. Until last year only Apex made the Blazer Cargo Floor and only source was Woodall Industries then Key Parts and Dynacorn got involved and have since started making those Blazer parts that had only 1 source such as the cargo floors, etc.....and other parts for the trucks. When it comes to small parts there can be a dozen or more manufacturers of the part with varying quality among-st them.

I know you know the business firsthand. I just knew it was Woodall on the bedsides, originally. That was a good while ago, that's why I said "as far as I know". I was involved with a couple prototype parts projects, and I know how hush-hush and tense it is to get that part developed and produced before the competition learns. It's a heap of money to get that first part produced. Who's going to start making these hubcaps is what I want to know :cool: