The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Random pictures you took of your K (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=832510)

57taskforce 03-24-2022 09:02 PM

Random pictures you took of your K

2 Attachment(s)
In a bit of a nod to chevyland’s similarly titled thread in the general discussion side of the board I thought it might be cool to see some of the more candid random pictures of everyone’s trucks, projects, 4x4 parts, etc. Professional shots are cool too but my idea is more like: I whipped my phone out and this is what happened type of thing. I started a similar thread a few years ago on a Camaro board I’m on and the results have been really awesome. Hundreds of pictures of bad ass Camaros. I’d (we’d:lol:)love to see hundreds of pictures of everyone’s K’s here! This is open to anything GM 4x4, factory or shade tree converted, Napco, Marmon, cool parts and accessories, definitely K30 stuff, etc. I’ll start it off!

GM front 60 and 14 bolt with custom by me late model disks build in progress and My 3100.

Zoomad75 03-24-2022 10:01 PM

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

From my most recent trip. Sitting in front of one of the dishes at the Very Large Array radio telescope in New Mexico.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...35d918cd_c.jpg

Somewhere along the trail within the KofA wilderness area in western Arizona.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...479b3074_c.jpg

Dieselwrencher 03-25-2022 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my only GMC Longhorn. It might be a keeper.

special-K 03-26-2022 02:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I have some of trucks I used to have. Is that ok, too?

57taskforce 03-27-2022 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome additions! Trucks current and past are just fine! Big bearing round 205’s anyone??

special-K 03-27-2022 06:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Nice! I'm fresh out of later stuff. I sold Jeff Campbell my NP205/TH400. I even had a 4L80E/NP241 w/controller from a '91 Suburban diesel I let go. Gotta do what you gotta do. All this talk about later spline count vs old but I've never had a 10 spline 205 fail. I'm also not into rock crawling and running w/o overdrive suits me fine. The original w/TH350 is doing fine in my '72 K2500, I have a 4spd/NP205 all coupled up sitting, four spare 10-splines, one extra 4spd, and one adapter spare.

'70 4spd/NP205
Attachment 2180463

Axle stash
Attachment 2180467

While we're showing parts and random Ks, one of my favorite pictures of my old Highlander
Attachment 2180468

Doing some house cleaning. '71 K/10 Custom Deluxe SWB

CG 03-27-2022 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one I took of my granddaughter by my old K10. She'll be 17 this summer.

special-K 03-27-2022 08:04 PM

I remember when you had that K/10. Back when I first joined here

CG 03-28-2022 05:49 PM

I should have kept that truck, never got on the internet, and I would have retired five years ago with "truck loads" of money not spent on trucks haha!

BLAZERMAN 03-29-2022 01:32 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A few of.mine

BLAZERMAN 03-29-2022 01:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A few more

special-K 03-29-2022 08:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9058212)
I should have kept that truck, never got on the internet, and I would have retired five years ago with "truck loads" of money not spent on trucks haha!

I hear ya. Probably the same for me. Although I always did spend all I could on the trucks. When I joined I had 9 running and registered trucks in my signature. If I still had all of those I could retire off of selling them now. It wasn't coming here that got my retirement all messed up, it was my wife dropping a financial bomb on me before becoming an ex-wife. Thanks, Hon! I'm a survivor and I'll never give up on the trucks. Just had to slow it waaaaay down while the rest of the world sped up! :cool:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN (Post 9058362)
A few of.mine

I remember those trucks. There's your namesake Blazer you sold to Randy. I miss having a yard full of 67-72 4wds. Actually kept them all off the grass, but you know what I mean. Could see much gravel back then... in the good old days!

'71 K/20 Custom 307/4spd 4.57 No-Spin
Attachment 2180981
'71 K/5 CST 350/TH350 4.10 Detroit Locker/TruTrac
Attachment 2180982
'71 K/10 Custom Deluxe 350/TH350 3.73 posi
Attachment 2180983
'72 K/10 Custom 292/4spd 4.10 factory posi front & rear
Attachment 2180984
'72 K/10 Custom 350/4spd 4.10 factory posi

BLAZERMAN 03-29-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9058457)

I remember those trucks. There's your namesake Blazer you sold to Randy. I miss having a yard full of 67-72 4wds. Actually kept them all off the grass, but you know what I mean. Could see much gravel back then... in the good old days!

When my boys were at home they all got driven more. When they all got moved out and on their own it got to be a job keeping them all going. I think it's actually harder on a truck when they just sit. Now days one project truck is all I need to keep me busy.

57taskforce 03-29-2022 02:48 PM

Awesome stuff BLAZERMAN; well except for that blue oval that snuck in there:lol:. Do you still have that extended cab? I vaguely remember when you bought that truck.

BLAZERMAN 03-30-2022 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9058638)
Awesome stuff BLAZERMAN; well except for that blue oval that snuck in there:lol:. Do you still have that extended cab? I vaguely remember when you bought that truck.

That "blue oval" was actually a blast to drive. It had a 3.9 Cummins 4bt in it with a T-19 four speed and a Ranger torque splitter overdrive. I got 27 mpg on the highway with 4.10 gears. I traded an old Rainbow Bread mechanic some guns for it. I got it for the Cummins and Ranger but ended up using it as a daily driver for over a year.
The K-30 extended cab I sold the cab, bed and bare chassis to a guy in Texas, I still have all the drivetrain, tires & wheels from it.

special-K 03-30-2022 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the 4BT idea.

This is one of my favorite pictures. I was takin final pictures of this truck when I retired it. Caught a bunch of trucks in the background. The good old days

Second Series 03-30-2022 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the '90 k1500 with the '88 k2500 on the trailer. I brought the k2500 back home a year and a half ago after some body work(frame swap). Plan to have it driving soon.

57taskforce 03-30-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9059025)
I like the 4BT idea.

This is one of my favorite pictures. I was takin final pictures of this truck when I retired it. Caught a bunch of trucks in the background. The good old days

Love that service truck Tim. I’ve enjoyed the pictures you’ve posted of it in the past. I guess I’m in love because I’ve worked out of service trucks for a good while now.

Second series, that K2500 on the trailer is sporting some good camo! That’s a nice looking panel!

Greenlee 03-30-2022 09:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Taken with my iPhone. Amazing what you can do with an iPhone these days. The last two are from videos with the phone.

Willowrun 03-30-2022 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenlee (Post 9059246)
Taken with my iPhone. Amazing what you can do with an iPhone these days. The last two are from videos with the phone.

Very cool truck and pics. I appreciate that you don't baby your truck. I drive my K's (and other less liked by this site truck designation prefixes) on the dunes and love having the opportunity to lock them in and let the motors show you what they have (or don't have LOL). At least the truck with quadrajets will let you know they are giving their all. I don't beat on them, but I do like to blow the cobwebs out every now and then.

From high def pics to pics of pics, below is my first K circa around '96. It was a '79 K10 Suburban I bought without an engine and then swapped in a built by me 454 I pulled out of a '79 1/2 ton suburban 2wd. Big blocks were the thing back then with the guys I hung out with. I still have the motor, trans, and t-case to hopefully go in a project some day. The rest of the truck is gone.

The pic is my parent's yard loaded up to go to Bull Gap sand hill in the middle of the Huron National Forest in Michigan to camp, party and drag race the '86 CR500 on the trailer up the hill. I still have the CR and the motorcycle trailer I that I had built back in the day. Have some pics from back then that I should post up some day.

Dieselwrencher 03-31-2022 07:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm still dailying the old orange unit when it's crap weather where I don't want to drive the Camaro. I've also drug home some less equal C trucks to help save some more K trucks. :lol: KisbetterthanC

special-K 03-31-2022 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Second Series (Post 9059144)
Here's the '90 k1500 with the '88 k2500 on the trailer. I brought the k2500 back home a year and a half ago after some body work(frame swap). Plan to have it driving soon.

I like that Sportside! Like the panel, too, but curious about the K2500.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9059229)
Love that service truck Tim. I’ve enjoyed the pictures you’ve posted of it in the past. I guess I’m in love because I’ve worked out of service trucks for a good while now.

Thanks. I always worked out of Reading service bodies on my old Chevy trucks. We even had the place that sold/installed them for the region right in Mt. Airy. I ended up ordering new ones for a couple trucks from them and they installed the one. I was known there as the old truck guy, since their business was about setting up new trucks for dealerships and municipalities. That one on the truck shown used to have a roof and doors on the back. I cut it off and used a Stepside tailgate.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenlee (Post 9059246)

That truck puts me dumbfounded and speechless. I think I might just like it! :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willowrun (Post 9059283)
Very cool truck and pics. I appreciate that you don't baby your truck. I drive my K's (and other less liked by this site truck designation prefixes) on the dunes and love having the opportunity to lock them in and let the motors show you what they have (or don't have LOL). At least the truck with quadrajets will let you know they are giving their all. I don't beat on them, but I do like to blow the cobwebs out every now and then.

From high def pics to pics of pics, below is my first K circa around '96. It was a '79 K10 Suburban I bought without an engine and then swapped in a built by me 454 I pulled out of a '79 1/2 ton suburban 2wd. Big blocks were the thing back then with the guys I hung out with. I still have the motor, trans, and t-case to hopefully go in a project some day. The rest of the truck is gone.

The pic is my parent's yard loaded up to go to Bull Gap sand hill in the middle of the Huron National Forest in Michigan to camp, party and drag race the '86 CR500 on the trailer up the hill. I still have the CR and the motorcycle trailer I that I had built back in the day. Have some pics from back then that I should post up some day.

That's right, run 'em and enjoy 'em! A truck can stay handsome being a truck. I worked out of mine while being mindful of keeping them nice. Not hard to do, and mud washes off.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 9059361)
I'm still dailying the old orange unit when it's crap weather where I don't want to drive the Camaro. I've also drug home some less equal C trucks to help save some more K trucks. :lol: KisbetterthanC

See? Like this. Use that thang!!

Only picture (of a picture) I have of a '70 K/20 I had for a while in the late-90s. Someone had fixed it up real nice at one point. It had a 454 swapped but was pulled when I bought it. I had one for it, and ran it a while, but sold before doing much. I was going to restore it as a '70s-style 4x, rollbar, Daylighters, graphics, etc

72cs20 03-31-2022 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll throw one in. Some property maintenance this week.

special-K 04-01-2022 09:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
That's a cool sight to see. Makes doing the work more enjoyable using an old truck

Zoomad75 04-01-2022 10:17 PM

Back when we were getting close to completing the 8.1 swap. I've got almost 10,000 miles on the combo now.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...fefc848c_c.jpg

Lakeshore parking.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5017f0de_c.jpg