The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=384900)

legendary 12-19-2010 12:22 PM

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Regan, you are living the dream - I am very moved by your story. I hope you come back to Atlanta, I want to see that baby run in person

regan wilson 02-23-2011 06:46 PM

The Blue Truck came back to life today ! We will be back in action March 4-6 at Houston Raceway Park ..... Needless to say I'm a little pumped ! I haven't driven it since last summer .

ripdog28 02-23-2011 07:40 PM

I think im as excited as a reader can be. Never knew anyone with a 655ci. DAYMN.

FRENCHBLUE72 02-23-2011 08:46 PM

Very cool she is back alive congrats..

VA72C10 02-23-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 4508295)
The Blue Truck came back to life today ! We will be back in action March 4-6 at Houston Raceway Park ..... Needless to say I'm a little pumped ! I haven't driven it since last summer .

Cool! Let the story continue :bo2::burnout:

CVA59 02-23-2011 09:39 PM

Hey Regan. Guess we are neighbors, LOL. I live in Longview. I raced at Hallsville for many years. I have seen you around the tracks but just now found your thread. You have a super nice truck and i can't wait to see it back in action again. Too bad Hallsville is now leveled. That was a great place back in the day.

djracer 02-23-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 4334010)
I should be picking everything up this week . That will give me plenty of time to reassemble the motor . I got lucky , all we had to do is cut the block .005 and the heads .005 and do a valve job .(and buy 4 pistons when I only needed one) . Other than tearing the tranny down thats gonna be it . I would like to do a tubular Camaro type front sub but I dont have 5 or 6 grand to throw at it now . Since they moved the Belle Rose race our first one will be March 3rd in Houston .

I'm glad you got it back running. You may want to see how Paul Baxters new front end setup works. I think it would be allot less than 5 or 6 Grand.

aggie91 02-28-2011 03:10 PM

Good luck this weekend! Glad to hear you got it running! When is the racemin belle rose, la?
Posted via Mobile Device

regan wilson 03-11-2011 08:33 AM

Aggie we will be in Belle Rose next week March 18-20 . Houston Didnt go well we got two hits on Friday then we got rained and winded out Sat . I had the bad luck of being the second pair down a cold green track Sun morning . I had my guy by .027 on the tree and should been 10.90 or .91 but got about 900 ft out and just blew the tires off of it ! I tried 3 times to roll back in it but it was just getting stupid . The end result was another shure round win down the drain and the first time I have lost 1st round since the summer of 09

djracer 03-11-2011 08:45 AM

Regan I hate you got bit by a bad track. You would think NHRA could do better than that. Good luck at Belle Rose.

aggie91 03-11-2011 05:34 PM

I will have to see what I can do about getting over to LA next weekend. With baseball going on, we might not get to leave here until about lunch time on Saturday. Hope your weekend over there is better than Houston.

aggie91 03-30-2011 05:24 PM

I talked to Randy Ramo on that Saturday morning of the Belle Rose weekend. I did not realize it was that far from Longview. Maybe when yall are racing at Ennis I can get there...

How did you do in Belle Rose?

regan wilson 04-14-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 4589167)
I talked to Randy Ramo on that Saturday morning of the Belle Rose weekend. I did not realize it was that far from Longview. Maybe when yall are racing at Ennis I can get there...

How did you do in Belle Rose?

We will be in Ennis this weekend April 15th - 17th .

aggie91 04-20-2011 03:20 PM

It was cool to hang out with you and the Owen's crew this past Saturday. How do you do on Sunday?
Posted via Mobile Device

regan wilson 04-21-2011 06:38 AM

Yea man glad you and your boys came by . Jason was runner up but I didnt do any good . I had a couple of good runs saturday but for some reason the truck didnt move when it came the trans brake 1st round . This resulted in a 60 ft that was over a tenth off and me having an .070 something light . The truck is gonna get parked for awhile . I need a break and it the truck needs some revamping .

aggie91 04-22-2011 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear that. What kinds of changes do you have in mind?
Posted via Mobile Device

bigjimzlll 05-21-2011 03:31 AM

Hey Regan,
Nice story. I made the mistake of adding up receipts for the last 5 years today...ugg.
I'm going to take a shot at some 10.90 stuff in the coming months. I'm liking the way the truck is working with the SWB.
Good luck with your rig.

regan wilson 09-28-2011 04:57 PM

Dang I had trouble finding my thread ... Sorry I hadnt been on in awhile . The truck is race ready and covered in dust right now . I just got tired of struggling with the rollout changes at our events (after I finally got it lined out) you cant be competitive in Super Classes when you have to bump in and dont know where you are at . I havent made up my mind what I'm gonna do to the truck . No matter what i do it will still be a heavy pig . i just refuse to chop on it too much . I talked to paul earlier this year about one of his frontends , that would help alot (probably 100lbs over what i have now) . I just decided after the first 3 races this year it was time for a break (the first in 5 years). I havent saved any money though ! My Harley has new heads and cams , Handlebars and too much other stuff ...LOL....

Marv D 09-28-2011 09:08 PM

Nice to see ya stopping by Regan. I know well the need for a break. I havent been in the seat since Oct of last year. Going to try to get out for a T&T in Oct and Nov with the truck just so I don't forget too much LOL. Enjoy the rest, and be digging out that practice tree for somethig to do this winter. LOL

regan wilson 12-30-2011 06:00 PM

Happy New Years Everyone ! I havent posted in awhile but Ive been lurking . Dont know what the new year holds for the Blue Truck (maybe Paul will sponsor a new frontend?)..jk or maybe not...

C20-67_N_MO 12-31-2011 03:40 PM

Ditto!

Happy New Year!!! 2012 is right around the corner!!!

tattoed71 12-31-2011 05:28 PM

nice thread, i remember when every cat on the block had them wagon wheels.

william-theglassman 12-31-2011 10:00 PM

happy new year to you too Regan

Tx79chevy 01-12-2012 02:20 PM

Tyler Texas huh? I think I know where that is. LOL

regan wilson 05-10-2012 08:03 AM

For those that havent seen my thread here it is . Time has flown by since I parked it last may . I havent been racing becuase I havent had the time . The good thing though is the truck is all in one piece sitting on jack stands .

djracer 05-11-2012 07:07 AM

Time to blow the cob webs out of her!

regan wilson 05-11-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djracer (Post 5374608)
Time to blow the cob webs out of her!

You aint kiddin man . I would like to run it wide open . I would have earlier this year but I broke my leg Jan 7th . By the time I healed up I was broke and all the good air was gone. I might try to go do some 580 stuff but you cant use a throttle stop . I think maybe if I leave real soft and get it in high gear about 100ft out it may work . I may take it to Dallas Raceway later in the year and run it w/o in the quarter . I keep tellin my buddy on Your favorite tv show to let me get it on one of there episodes but I havent talked to him in awhile.

shawnt 05-11-2012 11:11 AM

I was talkin to Kenneth the other day Reagan. I asked him what happened that that camaro he.had.when your truck cam around. I believe his words were "here we go with this ****" then started laughing and said that was 100 years ago
Posted via Mobile Device

LEX 05-16-2012 08:57 AM

This thread has got to be one of the coolest I've read on here.

aggie91 12-31-2012 07:25 PM

Did you get any runs late this year? I heard that Randy Ramos got back into racing but I have not talked to him in quite a while. I heard that you may have done something with your truck too. Just checking in to see what is going on.

regan wilson 01-07-2013 09:57 AM

Well I havent got anything done and the truck is still on jackstands. I have been busy since october getting ready to move my business. We sold our building that my family has owned since the early 50's. I will be pre occupied with this for a few more months. I was gonna joke with yall that the truck was getting a new home. Then tell ya it was getting a new shop to stay in. I may have something in the works if I can sell some parts to finance a new frontend but nothing for sure yet. It may be another year off for 2013 but atleast I got to run the Nationals in Ennis last year. It just wasnt the same in a borrowed car.

regan wilson 06-13-2013 03:01 PM

Sorry no real news I just didnt want yall to forget about me. I talked to Paul about a front suspension a few minutes
ago. Right now I'm trying to get geared up for the 2014 season. Hopefully

Marv D 06-13-2013 10:22 PM

Glad to see ya drop by Regan.

hotrod 80 06-13-2013 11:44 PM

Yep , thanks for the update . It dont take much to kill a season .

SweetandLong68 09-22-2013 09:08 AM

Hey Regan! Great talking to you yesterday! I finally was able to read the complete thread and man what a story! Loved it! The only thing I am jonesing for is MORE PICS! LOL Neeeedddd Moooooorree Piccsssss! LOL

I am looking forward to this new front end work if you know what I mean!

lata
CHRIS

regan wilson 10-12-2013 11:18 AM

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/firstrun.jpg

Belle Rose 2011

regan wilson 10-12-2013 11:24 AM

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/a...w/firstrun.jpg

Belle Rose 2011

regan wilson 12-09-2013 06:52 PM

Somebody bought their own christmas.http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac317/reganw/104.jpg

regan wilson 12-09-2013 07:35 PM

The Blue Truck in its new home.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac317/reganw/029.jpg

SweetandLong68 12-09-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 6409940)

Ain't that the truth.... lol

Thanks again Regan
Chris