The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Well I bought another one (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810466)

jrusher 08-12-2020 06:36 PM

Well I bought another one

5 Attachment(s)
Bought this 66 back in February early March . Was planning to go down to Sacramento in April and trailer it back home but with covid and borders closing I finally decided to get it shipped up as the border doesn’t look like it’s going to open anything soon.
I hate buying things over the net but this truck looked really solid from all the pics and a big back window, short fleet plus the colour I really like I couldn’t pass it up. Other words I really got sucked in 🤦*♂️ It’s all there pretty much , 283 4 speed. Motor did run before being parked. I should have it in 2-3 weeks hopefully. Here’s a few pics

cwcarpenter98 08-12-2020 06:43 PM

Re: Well I bought another one

Nice! Going to drive as is, or are you going to give it a fancy paint job?

jrusher 08-12-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 (Post 8791014)
Nice! Going to drive as is, or are you going to give it a fancy paint job?

Clean it up and drive it as is for first bit. Preserve the outer paint and metal like my other 2 trucks and depending how much rust i find I'll gut inside cab metal. I'll see once i dig into it . Update brakes, steering maybe ls swap this one as well with a 6 speed though Im thinking

cwcarpenter98 08-12-2020 09:53 PM

Sounds like it's going to be sick!

MusicMan70 08-13-2020 02:20 PM

Very Nice and I dig that side view mirror too. Congratulation!

forestb 08-13-2020 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone posted this for sail add that you might be interested in.

jrusher 08-13-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 8791519)
Someone posted this for sail add that you might be interested in.

lol yes. Got those covered already

jrusher 08-13-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicMan70 (Post 8791459)
Very Nice and I dig that side view mirror too. Congratulation!

Thanks! i been collecting parts already. Cant wait to get started on it. I told the wife this will be the last one lol. Ill sell my 65 if this one is in great shape I'm running out of room at home. I been looking for a matching west coast junior mirror but no luck . I did find a nice set of similar mirrors on here though just alittle bigger.

jrusher 09-18-2020 09:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Finally got my truck home early last week and got to clean it up and get it running. Was last registered in 91 spent its life in Sacramento as a farm/ranch truck and Chico CA looks like. I found some registration papers in glove box from 91
I was alittle stressed wandering how solid cab metal was as guy didn’t go out of his way to take many pics for me but was pleased to find floor and cab mounts etc are very solid and there is hardly any rust down low �� Gave her a good cleaning, through a hei distributer in for time being and she fired right up pretty much. Found a rusted out frost plug shorty after running it then after that found a leaking head gasket. Clutch was seized up and broke it free and was driving it alittle by my shop . Found most of the build sheet under the seat and truck has quite a few options. Power assist steering , sway bar, custom comfort option there’s a few codes I’m still trying to figure out from the build sheet . The ac system looks to be maybe installed by gm afterwards. The holes in the rad support and in the firewall look to be factory punched out holes . Not sure looks like it has a smog pump on engine too.
Anyways here’s a few more pics of her. The plan is to pull engine fix a few odds and ends brakes etc and drive it . It’s a pretty original truck I have two others with ls engines turbo etc but this one is too original and unmolested and it’s going to stay that way.

jrusher 09-18-2020 09:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Few more pics. Starting doing a cut and polish need to get rid of the white spray bomb paint somebody went to town with

Clyde65 09-18-2020 09:50 PM

Great find!
Posted via Mobile Device

Corts60 09-19-2020 02:50 AM

Looks awesome! Great original truck.

The Rocknrod 09-19-2020 07:45 AM

Love it, great find.

factorystock 09-19-2020 12:37 PM

Nice find! Original issue '66 California black plates ( note starts with U ). Sacramento has a very dry climate, appears to only have the typical Calif. water retention damage from clogged drainage holes. That steering wheel is missing a lot of paint, will look nice when the wheel color matches the column color! Interesting it was ordered with a 4 speed instead of a 3 speed or auto.

jrusher 09-19-2020 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys! Was a big gamble buying it site unseen and costly getting it up here but it all worked out 😁
Here’s a pic of the farm info on tailgate

jrusher 09-19-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by factorystock (Post 8810460)
Nice find! Original issue '66 California black plates ( note starts with U ). Sacramento has a very dry climate, appears to only have the typical Calif. water retention damage from clogged drainage holes. That steering wheel is missing a lot of paint, will look nice when the wheel color matches the column color! Interesting it was ordered with a 4 speed instead of a 3 speed or auto.

Good to know about the plates that’s cool . I’m gonna run that front plate as we can run any plate we want on the front up here . Yes wheel will need some restoration . I found a replacement horn ring off a 65 Chev nova that looks identical to the 66 deluxe truck horn ring . I thought same thing about the 4 speed usually the high optioned trucks came with a auto tranny. Maybe if it was used on farm initially he wanted the granny low and 4 gear

aotte1 09-19-2020 04:27 PM

Very nice condition, along with great color. Agree it will look outstanding as an original truck.
Member 60-66 can likely tell you more about the A/C.
It has a 3 row radiator.
Does it have shoulder belts?

jrusher 09-19-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aotte1 (Post 8810546)
Very nice condition, along with great color. Agree it will look outstanding as an original truck.
Member 60-66 can likely tell you more about the A/C.
It has a 3 row radiator.
Does it have shoulder belts?

Right on great. Ill have to research all the Ac info. Be nice to get it all working one day . No shoulder belts just lap. I thought the nut or insert would be in panel above shoulder but it’s not

1971 GMC SHORTY 09-20-2020 12:13 AM

What A Beauty What a Score

bigmoe 09-20-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrusher (Post 8810526)
Thanks guys! Was a big gamble buying it site unseen and costly getting it up here but it all worked out 😁
Here’s a pic of the farm info on tailgate

Found this on line:

California Farm Bureau Federation is a nonprofit organization of farmers and ranchers consisting of county Farm Bureaus from nearly every county in California, established in 1919 to work for the betterment of family farmers and ranchers in California. We are deeply committed to our mission, which is to improve the well-being and quality of life for California farmers and ranchers. We do this through advocacy, ongoing outreach, and economic services and products for those involved in agricultural production.

88Stanger 09-20-2020 10:48 AM

purely a gem find!!

jrusher 09-20-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmoe (Post 8810816)
Found this on line:

California Farm Bureau Federation is a nonprofit organization of farmers and ranchers consisting of county Farm Bureaus from nearly every county in California, established in 1919 to work for the betterment of family farmers and ranchers in California. We are deeply committed to our mission, which is to improve the well-being and quality of life for California farmers and ranchers. We do this through advocacy, ongoing outreach, and economic services and products for those involved in agricultural production.

Hey Moe . Ya I looked it up as well other day and found some info. The box wheel tubs aren’t beat up like most farm trucks it had a easy life

Corts60 09-20-2020 01:24 PM

I just realized your in AB. I actually grew up in Sacramento, CA and I used to date a girl from Medicine Hat. One time we drove up to Edmonton to see her brother....that stretch of 1 has to be the longest, straightest road I’ve ever seen. I thought I was trapped and it would never end! Hahaha

jrusher 09-20-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corts60 (Post 8810898)
I just realized your in AB. I actually grew up in Sacramento, CA and I used to date a girl from Medicine Hat. One time we drove up to Edmonton to see her brother....that stretch of 1 has to be the longest, straightest road I’ve ever seen. I thought I was trapped and it would never end! Hahaha

Lol yup lots of wide open spaces and farm land in Alberta for the most part. I was so looking forward to checking out Sacramento area and San Fran and picking up truck. Make a vacation out of it with the wife but no dice. I’ve spent a lot of time in Southern California and az lake Havasu racing jet skis and motocross but haven’t explored Northern California yet one day hopefully when things get back to normal

Johns 66 09-23-2020 09:35 AM

Sweet truck...excited to see your progress