The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pic Thread: Not Just El Caminos (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=779857)

special-K 02-04-2019 10:07 PM

Re: Pic Thread: Not Just El Caminos

5 Attachment(s)
Need more Sedan Deliveries here

yuccales 02-05-2019 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-k (Post 8458880)
need more sedan deliveries here

ok.

Boog 02-05-2019 09:46 PM

Oh man. Back in the 70s to 80s I really wanted to V8 a Vega. I helped a buddy of mine build one up real nice. It looked factory. After a ride in his with a 4 speed and 350 I knew I had to have one. It was a wild ride. :lol: Well life happened and ya'll know the rest. I never did get it done. I later sold the 4sp tranny and parts I'd saved for the Vega.

Steeveedee 02-05-2019 11:56 PM

I used to buy repair and sell Vegas back in the '80s. One of them, I put a 305 SBC engine in. Bent the right rear lower control arm, which I replaced before I sold it. It was pretty fast. ;)

special-K 02-06-2019 08:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I can't find anything on my friend Jeff Tabler's Vega, "Hanky Panky II" 8 second car with my search all fouled up. He's a lover of the 406!

yuccales 02-06-2019 09:22 PM

Drop a 215 aluminum Buick V8 in that white Vega then you would have something really different. I like it, and would cruise it around town for sure!

Steeveedee 02-06-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8460382)
Drop a 215 aluminum Buick V8 in that white Vega then you would have something really different. I like it, and would cruise it around town for sure!

I knew a guy who had a '72 Vega wagon with a mid-'70s Buick V6 in it. Looked totally stock. The only "nod" to its performance was that the bump in the middle section of the hood was painted orange. The car itself was white. Of course, later years of the Vega never got a V6 or a V8, though the Chevy Monzas did. Same basic car with different exterior sheet metal, really. One of my younger sisters bought a Monza with a 305. That thing rocked, in spite of all the SMOG equipment. When she went to sell it, her husband was adamant that he wouldn't sell a used car to a family member, so it got away from us performance modifying nuts. :(

special-K 02-07-2019 06:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Those aluminum Buicks were a great swap for a small light car for affecting handling the least, if at all. That motor design got sold to British Leyland which they first used in The Rover cars. My dad had one he bought used that I drove. This was when I was 16, so ya, I tested it's handling a bit.... or should I say it's extreme limits? It was a p.o.s. (and an automatic) so he traded it back to the same dealer for a real clean, less sporty manual shift with whatever the other motor was. Pretty sure a 4 banger because Land Rovers never even got a 6 back then. Not as powerful, of course, but both cars hadled the sa,e. The Buick V8 may have been lighter.

'55, '56, & '57 Pontiac Pathfinder sedan deliveries

yuccales 02-09-2019 10:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple of newer rides.

3757chevy 02-09-2019 10:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Not a lot of Mopar based El Camino types . Cool Daytona Delivery.

special-K 02-10-2019 11:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 8462563)
Couple of newer rides.

Pretty neat. Looks like a kit? Both are the same design.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 8462575)
Not a lot of Mopar based El Camino types . Cool Daytona Delivery.

I like that Daytona better than the Superbirds. NASCAR would've freaked out if that one entered.

Imperial dually. Fit for a king... rancher.

Hey!! You stole my DART!

Attachment 1874183

Another Dart Truck... seriously! (not a mopar)

Attachment 1874185

Fifi says, "Mopar to ya"

3757chevy 02-10-2019 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8462849)

Hey!! You stole my DART!

Attachment 1874183

Sorry! I didn't recognize it from your post #49.:ito: I called it a Valiant.;)

special-K 02-10-2019 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, did I post it already? It's not mine. You showed an actual photo and it has no rack. Now that my pictures are full-size I see they look like paintings... interesting.

I'm to the point I forget what I have and haven't posted. I don't think I already...

special-K 02-17-2019 09:05 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Just your run of the mill jazz

special-K 02-19-2019 08:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Furners has some neat'ins

special-K 03-08-2019 03:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Back to the thread for those "vehicles" folks like to debate are cars or trucks... BUT NOT HERE!! We are just looking at pictures and liking them. Peace on earth good wheels to all.

Those El Caminos get as tired of the debate as we people do. In fact, some get down right ANGRY!!

GOPAPA 03-08-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8482726)
Back to the thread for those "vehicles" folks like to debate are cars or trucks... BUT NOT HERE!! We are just looking at pictures and liking them. Peace on earth good wheels to all.

Those El Caminos get as tired of the debate as we people do. In fact, some get down right ANGRY!!

I still like the El Caminos ..one time a long time ago I offered to buy my daughter a El Camino and she ask me please do not get her one .. so she got a old buick from a Estate sale..
It wasn't a month later that she ask if there were a way to have that car truck as she called it .. nope,,, School of hard knocks was 4 words she heard that day

My thoughts were for a 16 years old ,,best maybe to have a 2 seat rig ,,less kids to egg her on to a bad driving decision ..

CG 03-10-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8456760)
Joanne's Dream

I was down a YouTube rat hole this morning and found this vid. Thought it would be a good addition to this thread. I see Tim has already posted pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_YhFJX3bT0&app=desktop

davischevy 03-10-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8483861)
I was down a YouTube rat hole this morning and found this vid. Thought it would be a good addition to this thread. I see Tim has already posted pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_YhFJX3bT0&app=desktop

I wonder if they ever sold it. I think they were hoping for well over $100K but I saw an add not long ago for just under $30K. It's a pretty controversial design. I like the color and some aspects of it, but I have a hard time liking the top treatment.

special-K 03-10-2019 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I somehow like it a lot just for what it is. I'm a more hot rod than custom guy, always was since when I was a kid. But nostalgia dictates to me liking them now. Now there are some down right fugly vehicles out there, but that's a custom I'd like to have

I like it better than this one

special-K 03-12-2019 06:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Custom El Caminos

yuccales 03-12-2019 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wild! I do like the "visor" overhang treatment on the back window. I'd cruise that for sure!

special-K 03-12-2019 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The one before it is more my speed, but that chopped up and stuck back together funkiness would be neat to run around in.

This is exactly the kind of custom I like. One that people see, know they never saw one before, but have to ask "Is that custom?" or just as likely "Is that factory?". Someone did a killer job on this, from top to bottom and inside out. Maybe it was GM... a prototype? I love it, and I love '61s!

yuccales 03-13-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8485969)
This is exactly the kind of custom I like

Same here. Fantastic body work.

special-K 03-13-2019 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's one of those GM coulda woulda shoulda customs.

Not as purdy, but...