The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Lulubelle awakens (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=811488)

Riverstory 09-03-2020 10:33 PM

Lulubelle awakens

2 Attachment(s)
This chapter in our lives began in earnest in March of this year. The search criteria began: a 'cute' panel truck, the year of the truck TBD, the condition unknown, a restomod or an original beauty seeking redemption. The search radius was limited to 500 miles and we used every bit of that.

So, after multiple attempts, we found our newest family addition, a 1966 short panel located in Southern California. With trailer in tow, we made a dash and on July 2nd, Lulubelle entered our lives.

Work on her began a few days after our return to the Arizona desert - July 7 was a cool 116 degrees so into the garage she went.

Decisions to keep her original was obvious. She was completely stock with the exception of the wheels, not too beat up, a little rust in the rockers and one fender, but all in all not too bad for a 54 year old lady. She had been in the POs family for 50 of those years, the last 10 were not kind.

Now . . . the fun begins!!!

Sevens 09-03-2020 11:52 PM

Re: Lulubelle awakens

Nice truck!

Please post pics of the interior too!!

Grizz1963 09-04-2020 08:11 AM

LOVE A SHORTY.

Would have one too, but they are non existent in England, we know of one here.

Is that a real town?

Havabrew?

Welcome to an awesome site.

cwcarpenter98 09-04-2020 09:53 AM

Welcome! Looks like a really clean start to a fun project!

pdxhall 09-04-2020 03:04 PM

Welcome to a fellow Arizonan. This looks like a fun one alright. I'll be following your progress.

Riverstory 09-04-2020 10:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The belle was put into the garage July 7, the disassembly began. My guess is the PO had no intent on stopping valve cover gasket leaks - there was probably 4 qts of caked-on oil all over the engine, bell and trans.

Fortunately, she came apart easily. Southern California weather certainly helped.

Then I discovered something cool, really cool.

A 283 w/manual 3 speed - drumroll please - an overdrive. At the time, I knew it was cool but now I realize what it means for highway cruzin!

Unfortunately, I didn't take interior pics as I should have before the disassembly. 2 buckets, deluxe heater, steering wheel all hacked up. And all painted black with a rattle can.

Corts60 09-08-2020 08:13 PM

Welcome! Beautiful rig!

Besides keeping original, what are your plans?

Riverstory 09-13-2020 11:49 AM

Thanks for the nice words. This panel, when completed, with be turned into a delivery truck.