The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tinkered on the big burb and went swap meetin... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=836044)

too much stuff 07-08-2022 09:22 PM

Tinkered on the big burb and went swap meetin...

3 Attachment(s)
Bought the burb with the 3rd door parts not working well. The window went up and down and that was about it. Not sure of the design of the lock mechanism, but it is involved. Finally got it after a couple of hours. I even had extra parts from another burb i parted. Regardless it is finally back together after years of being in pieces. Really needed a bath too...
Have a few more projects on it as time allows. Last fall i had the whole roof stripped. all of the old ambulance holes welded up and repainted and sealed the gutters.

too much stuff 07-08-2022 09:30 PM

Re: Tinkered on the big burb and went swap meetin...

3 Attachment(s)
Part 2... Just got back from the iola swap meet. Was hot and humid on thursday. There was some high priced truck parts there, but not alot. Managed to sneak over and talk to kevin sorbo briefly. (hurcules) Did find a few goodies to drag home...

68bowtie 07-08-2022 11:45 PM

Ooh those 67 caps look tasty

Getter-Done 07-09-2022 06:13 AM

You done good.
That's some nice finds.

I like the stance of the Burb:metal:

special-K 07-10-2022 09:00 AM

Love that 'Burb! That's really good you got the top all caught up with. That's one thing that drove me nuts about my old friend and his panel he set on a Suburban K/10 chassis. A '67 California body with surface rust on the top. I mean the whole top had the paint burned thin. Kept (keeps) it outside and as each year went by, "I need to take care of that surface rust". I'd agree and say "When are we going to do it?". All that work, including the expense of having a '72 NP205 converted to run a 700r4, and that top just kept rusting.

Ooooh.... N.O.S. K/20 parts. My favorite! That's one thing I hold dearly. I get people bugging me to sell things they learn I have. My standard reply is "Sorry, I don't see K/20 parts" :cool:

too much stuff 07-10-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9099091)
Ooh those 67 caps look tasty

That was a pretty good score at the swap meet. I posted better pics on the WIW page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9099118)
You done good.
That's some nice finds.

I like the stance of the Burb:metal:

I like the stance also. I think it is a 6" with 37" on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9099554)
Love that 'Burb! That's really good you got the top all caught up with. That's one thing that drove me nuts about my old friend and his panel he set on a Suburban K/10 chassis. A '67 California body with surface rust on the top. I mean the whole top had the paint burned thin. Kept (keeps) it outside and as each year went by, "I need to take care of that surface rust". I'd agree and say "When are we going to do it?". All that work, including the expense of having a '72 NP205 converted to run a 700r4, and that top just kept rusting.

Ooooh.... N.O.S. K/20 parts. My favorite! That's one thing I hold dearly. I get people bugging me to sell things they learn I have. My standard reply is "Sorry, I don't see K/20 parts" :cool:

There were 14 holes in the roof that had to be welded. (ex ambulance i am told). You wouldn't think such small holes would let so much water in. Plus it sits outside year round. Now i can think about doing the headliner.

What K20 parts???