The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   '95 Heater Control Panel. What's The Diff? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=825460)

OutlawDrifter 07-01-2022 08:51 AM

Re: '95 Heater Control Panel. What's The Diff?

Well, one thing fixed and another needs attention.

Glad you're making progress!

special-K 07-01-2022 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 9096667)
Good to know it's possible to swap the 95 terminals into the 96 connector and use the 96 up controls. That'll help someone else eventually.

I appreciate your suggestion to do it this way. I had to read back over the thread to see that was you who suggested it, so I only left a general thanks. So thanks again. My buddy also said that way back when.

I wonder about the blower motor being bad now. I had started replacing the resistor (I kept calling module) last winter but abandoned it until I got a long handle 1/2" ratchet. what is the component you remove to get to the resistor on a bracket, as I recall? I'm not sure if I even reconnected that. I'll have to look. I'm not sure the old resistor is plugged in. There would have been no power to the blower, right? So, wouldn't have given that last breath. I also need to look into a new ground for switch.

I have a nicer cluster surround I didn't have with me as well as the high end stereo I want to install. So, I'll be back in there soon

Just call me Sean 07-01-2022 11:33 AM

Actually, I suggested it first. But it's cool you got it swapped out. :D

special-K 07-01-2022 07:59 PM

Sorry to overlook this. This is quite a long thread over a long time. I am no less appreciative to you. In fact, since you were the first I'll go back and delete my thanks to Hatzie :lol:

Just call me Sean 07-01-2022 08:13 PM

Lol

Boog 07-02-2022 09:28 AM

If the blower wasn't noisey before, I'd put my bet on the resistor gone south or weak grounds.

special-K 07-02-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9096947)
If the blower wasn't noisey before, I'd put my bet on the resistor gone south or weak grounds.

It's been so long I can't remember if the motor was noisy. I know I would've rather listened to a blower motor and have heat blowing than the other way around. It's definitely been quite a long time :lol:

He's such a good mechanic, and I mean analyzing, I'm not sure why he went straight to replace motor. I want to talk to him before I get into it. He's definitely not a parts swapper. He even said go get yourself a junk yard one when a new one is not expensive. I asked about the resistor and he did say he'd go ahead and replace that since the truck is so old and I'm already right there. And I have a new GM part.

Boog 07-02-2022 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You're set then.

special-K 07-02-2022 09:09 PM

We'll see. I'm doing the resistor while I'm at it. I have the GM one waiting. While I'm into it I'll do a better ground if it doesn't act right after the parts. I get the heat going, next I should look into why I lost a/c. It worked, then must have leaked down over winter and lost it's cool

Just call me Sean 07-02-2022 10:47 PM

Just see if the motor is getting power. I think I've changed the motor on all mine, twice on the 93. They don't seem to be too great. I usually test them right to the battery after I've pulled it.

special-K 07-03-2022 07:42 AM

Makes sense. At least the motors aren't so expensive and not so hard to replace