The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Restoring Rusty (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=645440)

Gregski 09-24-2021 02:15 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatzie (Post 8975645)
Shesh. They didn't even spring for the Pony Express. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol, must have been an additional $12.50 :haha:

LT7A 09-24-2021 04:39 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8975567)
is it Wherever I May Foam? ha ha

Yes that is the song. And I see what you did there, even if it took me a minute, haha.

Gregski 09-24-2021 05:28 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8975706)
Yes that is the song. And I see what you did there, even if it took me a minute, haha.

I was also moved by hits such as:
Of Wool and Men
Saddle but True
Don't Tear on Me
Nothing Else Rattles
The Rod That Failed
and
The Struggle with Trim
... and don't even get me started on Master of Flat Tappets

Gregski 09-25-2021 11:06 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
1 Attachment(s)
I kid you not, they are less than 20 miles away and it will take them 2 days to get here???

first it was supposed to be here on Monday

I checked last night and it literally said today aka Saturday

and now this morning it says next Monday

Rickysnickers 09-25-2021 02:29 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
That's because it has to go by way of New York and then back to CA :)

Gregski 09-25-2021 02:46 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8976048)
That's because it has to go by way of New York and then back to CA :)

LOL, don't even joke like that mate!

Gregski 09-25-2021 03:04 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
3 Attachment(s)
What? Already, that was fast! Not

guys n gals, this thing feels really nice

hatzie 09-25-2021 03:47 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8975989)
I kid you not, they are less than 20 miles away and it will take them 2 days to get here???

first it was supposed to be here on Monday

I checked last night and it literally said today aka Saturday

and now this morning it says next Monday

Do they have local pickup? It'd be faster than courier the way things are going now.

FedEx has air and ground hubs in Sacramento but that doesn't preclude the idiots doing thier logistics from routing packages through Oakland or Fresno or Reno NV or Portland OR ...

The USPS ships letters I mail to Woodsville from the Wentworth Post Office to Nashua and back to Woodsville. Nashua is an hour and a half South of here right across the border from Lowell Massachusetts. Why not send the bloody letter to Boston and back or round trip it to Providence RI or Hartford Ct or Rutland Vt or NYC. Small wonder they're in financial difficulty.

LT7A 09-25-2021 07:44 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8975725)
I was also moved by hits such as:
Of Wool and Men
Saddle but True
Don't Tear on Me
Nothing Else Rattles
The Rod That Failed
and
The Struggle with Trim
... and don't even get me started on Master of Flat Tappets

Hahaha, well done.

The seat cover looks good! I'm waiting patiently for the next step.

Gregski 09-26-2021 10:03 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8976144)
Hahaha, well done.

The seat cover looks good! I'm waiting patiently for the next step.

thanks, well what I like to do is allow it to sun bathe for a while to soften up the pleather allowing it to acclimate to it's new surroundings like a gold fish, while you attend a friends BBQ/pool party!

Ad Cam 09-26-2021 11:55 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
How long did it take USA1 to make your seat cover? I inquired a long time ago about some bucket seat covers and they said it would be an 8 week turnaround. Curious if that's how long it took for yours.

Gregski 09-26-2021 12:47 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ad Cam (Post 8976430)
How long did it take USA1 to make your seat cover? I inquired a long time ago about some bucket seat covers and they said it would be an 8 week turnaround. Curious if that's how long it took for yours.

3.5 weeks

ha ha, I guess you missed the ordeal I went through in the last dozen posts, no problem, here it is in a nutshell

Ordered the seat on September 1st

heard nothing for two weeks so emailed them and they said, exactly what they told you, the seat will be 8 to 10 weeks out

then couple days later I got a Shipping confirmation with a Tracking number (WTH ?)

and it miandered all across the country for about a week and a half and I just got it yesterday September 25th

Gregski 09-27-2021 09:28 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
4 Attachment(s)
Mandatory Stare and Compare

Note: the old seat cover is on the left :haha:

TKCR 09-27-2021 09:52 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Very Nice! Canít wait to see the seat after you get the cover installed.

Gregski 09-27-2021 09:56 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 8977221)
Very Nice! Can’t wait to see the seat after you get the cover installed.

ah glad you chimed in T, me too, but I seem to be too busy ordering the wrong size hog rings at the moment, LOL

Blue GMC 09-28-2021 08:04 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
That cover will look great and totally change the look of the cab. Can’t wait to see it in

Rich84 09-28-2021 08:38 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
You probably could have gotten a couple more miles out of the old one.

Gregski 09-28-2021 09:23 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue GMC (Post 8977367)
That cover will look great and totally change the look of the cab. Canít wait to see it in

thank you, me too

Gregski 09-28-2021 09:24 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8977376)
You probably could have gotten a couple more miles out of the old one.

bwhaaa haaa ha, now that's my kinda humor! [reads it while his morning coffee shoots out his nose]

blazer2007 09-28-2021 10:07 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
I got mine from Fastenal if there still around, hog rings

TKCR 09-28-2021 10:07 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregski (Post 8977225)
ah glad you chimed in T, me too, but I seem to be too busy ordering the wrong size hog rings at the moment, LOL

I get mine from CJ Pony

Gregski 09-28-2021 10:25 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
1 Attachment(s)
thank you all, I have these BLUE HAWKs from when I did the seats on my '71 and swore I would never do another set again, ha ha, these suck cause you don't place the ring in the very tip, so it's impossible to push it in deep enough through the material unless you are doing the edges only

Gregski 09-28-2021 10:29 AM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
4 Attachment(s)
so I got these on AMAZON couple days ago, just waiting on them to get here

TKCR 09-28-2021 12:57 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
That one works good for most of the seat back. The other set I showed, works the best on the seat bottom. It helps to pull the cover. Iíll try and find a video to explain better.

Gregski 09-28-2021 01:01 PM

Re: Restoring Rusty
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 8977498)
That one works good for most of the seat back. The other set I showed, works the best on the seat bottom. It helps to pull the cover. Iíll try and find a video to explain better.

yes please, I am not sure how hard to yank and pull on the cover and how snug to make it when I hog ring it, much appreciated


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2022 67-72chevytrucks.com