The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Repop window regulators? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=821408)

bigmoe 05-03-2021 07:18 PM

Repop window regulators?

When I reassembled my doors with new felts, etc., I picked through several regulators I had for the best ones. Still my drivers window comes down just a bit as I'm driving and then it rattles inside the door. Are the repop regulators any good? Does the quality vary with different vendors?

cwcarpenter98 05-03-2021 11:11 PM

Re: Repop window regulators?

I can't help on the repop stuff, but I do have a question for you. Did you adjust the window stop? I have a really loose regulator on my passenger side (almost a 1/4 turn loose) but it doesn't go down any farther than the stop. I think the factory assembly manual shows that stop

bigmoe 05-04-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 (Post 8916718)
I can't help on the repop stuff, but I do have a question for you. Did you adjust the window stop? I have a really loose regulator on my passenger side (almost a 1/4 turn loose) but it doesn't go down any farther than the stop. I think the factory assembly manual shows that stop

Yes it rolls down all the way to the stop.

The Rocknrod 05-04-2021 07:37 AM

I bought mine at the Truck Shop in Orange, CA seem to work as normal, strong feeling installed, easy to roll up and down.

kerber63 05-04-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 8916781)
I bought mine at the Truck Shop in Orange, CA seem to work as normal, strong feeling installed, easy to roll up and down.

Same for me. Truck Shop, no problems.

61hawk 05-05-2021 04:45 PM

The repop I bought from LMC lasted one use before it stripped out at the handle splines. They refunded my money and told me to keep it. The originals are milled steel, the repops are cast pot metal.

bigmoe 05-05-2021 07:53 PM

I had heard some repops were poor quality.
So far LMC no, Truck Shop yes.
Others?

The Rocknrod 05-06-2021 06:31 AM

Ya I have no pop metal on my window regulators from the truck shop.

bigmoe 04-10-2022 07:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well my truck is still tucked away for winter but should come home in the next few weeks. I ended up with two different brands. The gold one is WAI Global. The black one is off ebay and I don't know the brand. The gold one is slightly heavier metal and the teeth have more meat. The gold one is a bit stiff at the X of the arms but moves smoothly while the black one is plenty loose at the X.

And what is with the rollers on the gold one? They don't roll, they're fixed. They have a slight taper. Only thing that looks stronger on the black one is the spring is heavier.

The Rocknrod 04-10-2022 10:47 PM

Remove the black caps there are rollers underneath.

bigmoe 04-11-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 9064877)
Remove the black caps there are rollers underneath.

I thought that at first and tried to pull it off. I just went out now and used a screwdriver to pry them off.

The Rocknrod 04-11-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmoe (Post 9065041)
I thought that at first and tried to pull it off. I just went out now and used a screwdriver to pry them off.

The reason I know is that it has been a question in the past. ;)

pdxhall 04-14-2022 12:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm rebuilding mine. I first cleaned them up by soaking in CLR for a few days. I didn't want to use my blast cabinet because I didn't want to get glass dust in the mechanisms. I bought new rollers and new regulator kits from Classic Parts. The rollers came with new rivets and regulators are very well made and also came with new rivets. The splines for the handles look nicer than the originals.

bsarts 04-14-2022 03:46 PM

I got one from Brothers, seems pretty good.